1 hour ago, jayrrrr said:

Yeah see if you can find an S2 for that money, I picked up one with nearly half the kms for less than that in Feb, took 6 months to find though. 

Needs a paint job but Im sure you could pick this up for close to $30k and have some money to paint and get it back up to scratch

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-adelaide/auto-body-parts/porsche-944-s2-tribute-car-australian-delivered/1289944164

5 minutes ago, bergerac said:

Yeah see if you can find an S2 for that money, I picked up one with nearly half the kms for less than that in Feb, took 6 months to find though. 

Needs a paint job but Im sure you could pick this up for close to $30k and have some money to paint and get it back up to scratch

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-adelaide/auto-body-parts/porsche-944-s2-tribute-car-australian-delivered/1289944164

I've bought from Nick before - he's a 944 guy & has quite a few of them.  Has always been good to deal with.

Does anyone in Brissy own a left handed 944? I bought a dash mat from America and stupid me didn't realise it would be made for a left hand drive... Also does anyone know where I can track down a right hand drive dash mat? Hard to find!

I'm also having a couple issues with my 944 currently, I'll appreciate any advice you throw my way!

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Carrot01 said:

there was a really nice 1 owner silver 86 turbo with 103,000 kms on carsales that lasted 1 day - priced way too low at $48k I think it was - someone must have jumped on it  & got a bargain early turbo - well done!

Unbelievably great value! Unicorn

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

What price was it passed in at previously?

Was about $14k with a day to go, forgot to check the final price. Almost tempted to sell my S2 and buy something like this that isn't too good to modify

14 hours ago, bergerac said:

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50008187/classic-cars/1986-porsche-944-turbo-australian-delivered?spr=true

Second time this one's been up on grays, would be a nice project at the right price.

Interior and exterior seem like two different cars. Would have been interesting to see what the exterior would have looked like before someone has spent a good amount of time and effort to present the car. Some interesting discolouration on the rear seats. Fair chance there may have been a good amount of condensation in there at some stage.

2 minutes ago, Rod C said:

Interior and exterior seem like two different cars. Would have been interesting to see what the exterior would have looked like before someone has spent a good amount of time and effort to present the car. Some interesting discolouration on the rear seats. Fair chance there may have been a good amount of condensation in there at some stage.

Yeah didn't pick that up, looks like someone started to cut and polish it and gave up at the back. Flood car or just QLD humidity?

I looked at a 928 that had been up in Broome or Darwin (cant remember which) and it was literally rusting from the inside out due to a leak and sitting in the humidity and never drying out.

2 minutes ago, bergerac said:

Yeah didn't pick that up, looks like someone started to cut and polish it and gave up at the back. Flood car or just QLD humidity?

I looked at a 928 that had been up in Broome or Darwin (cant remember which) and it was literally rusting from the inside out due to a leak and sitting in the humidity and never drying out.

Front bumper ,wheels and skirts painted from what I can tell.  Could it be mutton dressed as lamb?🤔

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JLD said:

I like your picture of your white 996.2 :ph34r::lol:

Haha, yes, sadly, I had to change it when the Banana car left & it's poor cousin moved in....... 

Interestingly, the current owner of my old 944S2 contacted me recently to offer it back to me.  I was keen.....the wife wasn't...... 

3 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Haha, yes, sadly, I had to change it when the Banana car left & it's poor cousin moved in....... 

Interestingly, the current owner of my old 944S2 contacted me recently to offer it back to me.  I was keen.....the wife wasn't...... 

It says your Ride is a 996.2. You need to change it to Miata 🤣