13 hours ago, Foolsbry said:

Hey there everyone, I'm going to be joining the 944 club! Will be getting this one on a truck and sent up to me in the coming days.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1985-porsche-944-manual/SSE-AD-11962853/?Cr=11&fbclid=IwAR3drltESkMo3Z8E7xiaC4EQQzs--j_J0TjF3PlHi2PLG6t09EqL9MQH0rM

Its a real tidy example, a couple of things I would like to change on it. The previous owner had replaced the original bumper with the turbo bumper which I'm not a fan of. The grille on the hood is probably practical but I don't quite like it. Will see what it looks like when I've replaced the front bumper. It comes with a set of the black and chrome wheels too which I'm going to put on it. I'm really excited to join the club! If anyone does have a line on an original bumper in the champagne colour please let me know!

mind if I ask the price you got it for ?

Thanks for the support guys! I got the car for 26.5k in the end, a great price I think and the fella I bought it off is a good character and a Porsche nut so I think it's coming from good hands. I live in Brisbane myself.

Does anyone know if there's anything legal-wise you would have to consider if you wanted to put on a US style front bumper? I like the bigger rubber mini-bumper things on these ones. I'm going to assume that there's probably not many, if any of these bumpers in Australia anyway, but I'm just curious.

1989-Porsche-944-13-630x394.jpg

Does anyone have any advice for interstate car moving? The one I bought is in NSW and coming up to QLD. I heard CEVA was the big one but it's $1500 to transport through them. Did a quote through this mob https://supercheapcartransport.com.au and it came to around $1000. The problem is the car comes with a lot of spare parts, spare tyres and a spare rear hatch, so obvioulsy they can't come on the car transport. So will be sorting a seperate courier for those parts of course. Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, Foolsbry said:

Does anyone have any advice for interstate car moving? The one I bought is in NSW and coming up to QLD. I heard CEVA was the big one but it's $1500 to transport through them. Did a quote through this mob https://supercheapcartransport.com.au and it came to around $1000. The problem is the car comes with a lot of spare parts, spare tyres and a spare rear hatch, so obvioulsy they can't come on the car transport. So will be sorting a seperate courier for those parts of course. Thanks in advance!

Try Prix Cars ... 

Quotes can vary by double so definitely worth getting a few. Covid might be affecting costs but a couple of years back I paid $750 from Perth to NSW ..

12 hours ago, Foolsbry said:

B SPOKE Transport

The guys name is Ron 0428497060 , he has a FB page

Would be worth a call.

He has an enclosed trail & you may find a lot of those spare could come along with the car looking at the images on the FB page.

Cheers

On 01/02/2022 at 13:07, Foolsbry said:

Thanks for the support guys! I got the car for 26.5k in the end, a great price I think and the fella I bought it off is a good character and a Porsche nut so I think it's coming from good hands. I live in Brisbane myself.

Does anyone know if there's anything legal-wise you would have to consider if you wanted to put on a US style front bumper? I like the bigger rubber mini-bumper things on these ones. I'm going to assume that there's probably not many, if any of these bumpers in Australia anyway, but I'm just curious.

Hi, I have a front valance and the top panel. Pm me your contact number. Cheers, Mark - Melb.

Thanks for that @9fan, the car just rocked up today and the turbo bumper is sort of growing on me so Im not sure if I'll replace the bumper just yet. I noticed there's a huge amount of play in the shifter, looking it up it seems there are shifter replacement kits that you can buy, has anyone had experience with them?

1 hour ago, Foolsbry said:

Thanks for that @9fan, the car just rocked up today and the turbo bumper is sort of growing on me so Im not sure if I'll replace the bumper just yet. I noticed there's a huge amount of play in the shifter, looking it up it seems there are shifter replacement kits that you can buy, has anyone had experience with them?

The Only944 short shifter kit is excellent.  I installed one in my S2.  Night & day.

2 hours ago, Foolsbry said:

congrats, I like the bumper 

4 hours ago, Jason E said:

The Only944 short shifter kit is excellent.  I installed one in my S2.  Night & day.

That's the one I'm looking at, guessing you bought it straight from the US? The shifter is just so sloppy, even when in gear there's quite a bit of play, hoping this will fix that. Glad it worked for you! I goofed up and accidently broke my driver's side mirror about 15 minutes before it was due to be roadworthy today unfortunately. Was adjusting it by hand because the motor isn't working and the damn thing slipped out onto the concrete!

2 minutes ago, Foolsbry said:

That's the one I'm looking at, guessing you bought it straight from the US? The shifter is just so sloppy, even when in gear there's quite a bit of play, hoping this will fix that. Glad it worked for you! I goofed up and accidently broke my driver's side mirror about 15 minutes before it was due to be roadworthy today unfortunately. Was adjusting it by hand because the motor isn't working and the damn thing slipped out onto the concrete!

fyi when my S2 11 years old the stock shifter had no slop and shifted like a rifle bolt

On 09/02/2022 at 16:09, Foolsbry said:

The gear shift lever has a pin that wears out and becomes barrel shaped causing slop in the shift.

B50AE1A8-AD14-42D4-98D7-89B4F5C72618.thumb.jpeg.3f0b36e56d6507a14e83abc6269701d9.jpeg

There is a few alternative solutions.

1. There is a video of a guy taking a grinder inside the car to remove the pin and replace it with a bolt and lock washers. This is the home remedy. But the lever can also be removed in it entirety as the shift lever is connected to the top of the torque tube. This is all described on Clark's Garage  web site.

Here is the link: http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/trans-07.htm

2. Porsche still supplies the replacement part, which is the whole lever and pin. You may also want the plastic insert that the lever connects to the torque tube.

3. Quick shift kits are available from after market suppliers. The quick shift kits are bought in 2 parts. One part fits at the transaxle and another part replaces the lever.

Best to review the Clark's Garage link above.

Brian is spot on with the wear of the shift lever pin, but thats not the only part that is now worn. The shifter rod which the pin attaches too is now also worn internally. We have a permanent fix for these as we use a new shift lever and drill out the shifter rod to accept nylon bushes. Now they last pretty much forever.

Regards

Sean