On 17/08/2022 at 12:19, bergerac said:

Wow, $44k, really making me wonder if I would have been happier with that car for the same money as mine.

Absolute steal at that price! Cheaper than when it was sold last time around the $50k mark, though granted it does look a little rougher than back then.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OzJustin said:

Congrats on the sale Andrew. Took some patience!

Now I'm keen to hear what you think of the F-Type? :D 

i was patient at the start, then kept dropping the price to get new interest, actually turned down a really good offer while I was still thinking it was worth much closer to what I paid - world is a different place now.

The F-Type, is a stunning thing to drive & be around - this is a video review of my actual car which will give you a good idea lol

2 hours ago, Carrot01 said:

i was patient at the start, then kept dropping the price to get new interest, actually turned down a really good offer while I was still thinking it was worth much closer to what I paid - world is a different place now.

The F-Type, is a stunning thing to drive & be around - this is a video review of my actual car which will give you a good idea lol

Cheers for the link. I've got a soft spot for these Jags. Really nice package. I actually prefer these earlier cars to the later P450s. I'm not sure what a "Jag-wire" is though. :P 

Now back to 944 talk...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2023 at 07:47, vinnytang said:

Thinking about getting back into a 944. What's a decent 944 Turbo or S2 worth these days? The listed CarSales prices on what's available is clearly above what the market is willing to pay as a lot just sit there. 

The market is so hard to follow these days. Agree the cars sitting on Carsales are in no way a reflection of sold prices. We need a database of sold prices so we can properly track the used car market.

My thinking is good S2's are low $30s and Turbos maybe $50s, but obviously depends on year, spec, condition, mileage, service history etc etc.

16 hours ago, OzJustin said:

The market is so hard to follow these days. Agree the cars sitting on Carsales are in no way a reflection of sold prices. We need a database of sold prices so we can properly track the used car market.

My thinking is good S2's are low $30s and Turbos maybe $50s, but obviously depends on year, spec, condition, mileage, service history etc etc.

With due respect, I think good S2's would be high 30's and creeping into the 40's.  Definition of good often gets embellished but let's say an 8/10 car, reasonable km's, strong engine, no damage and good service history.

Although carsales isn't the best yardstick, on 7 showing, starting at $42k for 325,000 km's with poor bodywork and trashed interior.  Four cabs and three coupes to choose from up to $62k, true sellers trying to get inflated prices, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy now as like everything, prices are falling. 

• 2 months later...