I recently bought a bike on Lloyds .. I was the highest bidder but didn’t reach reserve.  I found the process fine, they contacted me and then acted between myself and the seller to try to reach an agreed amount.  Which we did .. I got it at a really good price.

But I agree, I wouldn’t have kept bidding if the price went much higher, much better to know how close to reserve you are.  

On 31/10/2021 at 19:46, Caterm said:

I recently bought a bike on Lloyds .. I was the highest bidder but didn’t reach reserve.  I found the process fine, they contacted me and then acted between myself and the seller to try to reach an agreed amount.  Which we did .. I got it at a really good price.

But I agree, I wouldn’t have kept bidding if the price went much higher, much better to know how close to reserve you are.  

Still think they should note during the auction if the reserve has been met. But agree once contacted the process coming to an agreement with the seller via Lloyds staff as go between was good.

Result is I have the car! Just need to complete payment and get it shipped from SA to Melbourne!

On 04/11/2021 at 17:55, Dalai said:

Still think they should note during the auction if the reserve has been met. But agree once contacted the process coming to an agreement with the seller via Lloyds staff as go between was good.

Result is I have the car! Just need to complete payment and get it shipped from SA to Melbourne!

Congrats on buying it, ended up bidding on the silver rose Turbo S because it was local but it was way out my league

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2021 at 19:55, Dalai said:

So did you get the car or did it not achieve the desired reserve?

Looks like it is still up on Carsales.

@VDK I was commenting about the negatives with Lloyds auctions and my experience bidding there for the first time.

I was successful with negotiating an agreed price for the car I wanted, but it was the Datsun 1600 listed and not the 944. Sorry for the confusion. 

• 3 weeks later...

Times definitely changing for the humble 944, cheapest asking on carsales is $26k for a crusty 1988, only one S2 cab asking $50k https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/porsche/944/manual-transmission/?sort=~Price&offset=0

A nice S2 article talking them up, a little long winded when they get into the resto discussion https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/history/porsche-klassik-944-s2-restoration-glass-dome-19636.html

Definitely hoping to see those prices drop @Stepo I've seen a few start high and every couple of weeks they shave a couple of grand off the asking price. Hopefully they keep doing that until they drop into a more reasonable price range! The ad for that 26k 1988 is a little funny, there's no information at all on there

6 minutes ago, SteveF said:

This one advertised seems to be more sensibly priced compared to others on the market at the moment and even that has been around for quite a while. 

That is nice, I've given up looking over east unfortunately, the last quote I got to put a car on a truck was 3k, the world's gone mad

On 07/12/2021 at 19:49, mrar said:

This is a friend of mine.

Has spent a small fortune on it recently. 

Good car.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cottesloe/cars-vans-utes/1989-porsche-944-s2-manual-coupe/1284104317

Looks like a nice example and upgraded the 'right way' with the MO30 goodies, brakes etc. Sunroof delete model?

• 4 weeks later...