Tesla autopilot fatal crash

tazzieman

• 2 weeks later...

He's such a dork ! Someone should buy him the new Singer.

https://thewest.com.au/business/automotive/0-to-100kmh-in-19-seconds-teslas-elon-musk-delivers-hardcore-smack-down-to-petrol-cars-ng-b88663907z

It can go from 0 to 100km/hour in 1.9 seconds. The billionaire boasted that the car will be available in 2020 as the fastest production car ever made.

“The point of doing this is to just give a hardcore smack-down to gasoline cars,” Mr Musk said on stage.

“Driving a gasoline sports car is going to feel like a steam engine with a side of quiche.”

Me and my MAMIL & VOMIT acquaintances can't wait to have all these silent 0-100 in 1.9s cars buzzing about. They will also do 100-0 in 0.1 seconds. Don't overthink that one. 

He's such a dork ! Someone should buy him the new Singer.

https://thewest.com.au/business/automotive/0-to-100kmh-in-19-seconds-teslas-elon-musk-delivers-hardcore-smack-down-to-petrol-cars-ng-b88663907z

Me and my MAMIL & VOMIT acquaintances can't wait to have all these silent 0-100 in 1.9s cars buzzing about. They will also do 100-0 in 0.1 seconds. Don't overthink that one. 

Musk is also not to smart. 0-100 in 1.9seconds is a constant 1.5G to get this he will need hot drag slicks on all wheels. The limit of a warm R compound street tyre on typical road surface surface is 1.1G or about 2.7seconds to 100kph. ICE cars do not have a power issue they have a grip issue and so will he.  The big differance will be beyound 200kph where he will get creamed by the ICE power numbers. If he had balls (which I doubt) he would take on all the records he Konesseg has set,  http://www.koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-agera-rs-achieves-multiple-production-car-world-speed-records/ and on a single set of PS Cup 2

Snake oil salesman I tells ya!

When he's having trouble making his totally unrealistic predictions of a further this or that product with his existing endeavours, coming to fruition, or meeting manufacturing and delivery deadlines ....he just spouts off on further unrealistic new product developments ....or lies of sitting in a laser beam caboose shooting at the speed of light on a neutron to pluto. It's all about gaining new investors and government $$$$$$

Take a listen to this...

TESLA - All sizzle no steak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM-hXbgybxk

I agree with you mate not a Musk fan or all of the BS and Hype that seems to surround him and anything he puts his name to..........This Elon Musk Fad will eventually die off as more and more see it for what it truly is ......................Snake oil salesman is spot on 

http://www.smh.com.au/business/innovation/elon-musks-tesla-is-burning-through-10500-a-minute-as-model-3-problems-linger-20171121-gzq8p2.html

Over the past 12 months, the electric-car maker has been burning money at a clip of about $US8,000 a minute ($10,500), Bloomberg data show. At this pace, the company is on track to exhaust its current cash pile on Monday, August 6. 

"So long as the company is burning cash, it will remain dependent on the patience and enthusiasm of public markets or the deep pockets of a white knight," said Christian Hoffmann, a money manager at Thornburg Investment Management.

Sorry Lee and other Sth Ozwegians .. Hope you've bought your generators... 

""Australia, by the way, is a large island consisting underground of almost nothing but fossil fuels and other useful mineral deposits. The idea that it should be powering itself using bat-chomping, bird-slicing eco-crucifixes and then trying to store some of their excess power in lithium batteries quite defies belief."'

Delingpole: Elon Musk Cons South Australia out of $50 million

Hyper Hype: Elon Musk Cons South Australia out of $50 million by JAMES DELINGPOLE

The irony of the SA Tesla batteries being switched on today, is that the local town, Jamestown, had a power failure today ? Could they use the batteries to supply the residents with power? Errr.....no ? The northern end of the CBD was in blackout today too which is twice in 2 weeks. $50-100million to be able to supply UP TO 30,000 homes with power for 1 hour is amaaaaazing! 

The government here are a laughing stock, yet the premier tosser thinks he's leading the way. Don't forget dickhead, your sports minister banned grid girls from the Clipsal street race to 'lead the way with equality' at the same time looking like fools to the rest of the world! And Lonely Planey voted Adelaides West end one of the coolest places in the world to live. Hmmm, funny that SA pays Lonely Planet to advertise, and is a sponsor of their LP's global advertising  

Premier Weatherill is full of shit, so is his battery powered white elephant 

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

The irony of the SA Tesla batteries being switched on today, is that the local town, Jamestown, had a power failure today ? Could they use the batteries to supply the residents with power? Errr.....no ? The northern end of the CBD was in blackout today too which is twice in 2 weeks. $50-100million to be able to supply UP TO 30,000 homes with power for 1 hour is amaaaaazing! 

The government here are a laughing stock, yet the premier tosser thinks he's leading the way. Don't forget dickhead, your sports minister banned grid girls from the Clipsal street race to 'lead the way with equality' at the same time looking like fools to the rest of the world! And Lonely Planey voted Adelaides West end one of the coolest places in the world to live. Hmmm, funny that SA pays Lonely Planet to advertise, and is a sponsor of their LP's global advertising  

Premier Weatherill is full of shit, so is his battery powered white elephant 

And 3 days earlier they installed 276MW of diesel which is over twice the battery output MW and infinitely better by being a 24/7 operation that won’t be flat and need a recharge after one hour. When it comes to MWH delivered the diesel is a winner by  a million miles. SA is stuffed. 

http://joannenova.com.au/2017/12/south-australia-heads-back-100-years-to-diesel-with-battery-back-up/#comments

In a kinda childish way I am having a laugh at this mess and thinking  to my self it was obvious this would happen .............but on a serious knot I am just plain angry at the waste of tax payers funds and the disgusting ego,s of those who are responsible ...........I honesty feel for the SA people what a bunch of A holes the polies are they really make me sick,we are living in the 21st century ,,,,not the dark ages ...? :angry:

51 minutes ago, Raven said:

In a kinda childish way I am having a laugh at this mess and thinking  to my self it was obvious this would happen .............but on a serious knot I am just plain angry at the waste of tax payers funds and the disgusting ego,s of those who are responsible ...........I honesty feel for the SA people what a bunch of A holes the polies are they really make me sick :angry:

We weren't told about the diesel generators until it was leaked by the opposition party who had some inside information. By then it was too late, as the government had already ordered and paid for the generators! They also forgot to tell us about how much it will cost to run them....funny about that! ?

getting of the topic off Tesla ,,,,,,and more onto government corruption and greed ,,, if you get  a chance see a movie call American Made staring Tom cruise based on a true story about a smuggler who was shipping Drugs ,,Guns ,,People ,,money and intelligence gathering for the CIA in South America in the 1980,s ......interesting film and amazing how many high level U.S officials had their grubby fingers in the pie ...

For those of us currently enjoying a severely misty wet environment (it's summer!) , how will we feel sharing the future road with autonomous cars and their deskilled device-addicted pilots? Towing a caravan on the GOR . How about driverless trucks coming your way? 

On another note , what will power the tanks and ancillary vehicles in war torn countries the West "visits"? Huh Elon , huh? It'll be too hot for horses in most troublespots and anyway , where's the hay coming from?

It's a pipe dream....a biiiiiig loooong suck on that bong pipe dream! 

How anyone can believe this will be a common occurance sharing the the roads with other cars is hysterical, so why bother? Would anyone 100% trust driverless cars? Does anyone 100% trust human drivers? 

• 2 weeks later...

I drove a model X on the weekend at my wifes behest. I was very sceptical - until we did a full on launch in Ludacris Mode! 0-100 in about 3.2 and no noise other than our own expletives! Tried Autopilot but didn't like it! Its very hard to trust software with such a dangerous task! The works updates and patches keep springing to mind. Anyway here Chris Harris's view:

mean while ........as you are screwing around for10 minutes putting it in lightspeed mode and max warp drive ............my Mother inlaw in her Mazda 2 has left you for dead :Chuckle2:..its as bad as the V10 M5 that took a life time to get every thing in power mode ...