Pics for "Ownership and Enthusiasm"

Not being rude, but why is it such a hassle to post pics on this forum? Im a member of many other forums and i don't even have to pay , and i can post what ever pictures i like.

I don't mind at all to be a paying patron , but it would be nice if i could post pics with out the crap hassle of some second photo host site or trying somehow to squeeze the crap out of my pics. 

what is the reason for this??

Dan

Geez..... No one has an answer!!

It has something to do with megabytes, killerbytes,Server size , Compression how you hold tour tongue,and f#@$%& computers :rolleyes:

It has something to do with megabytes, killerbytes,Server size , Compression how you hold tour tongue,and f#@$%& computers :rolleyes:

Oh well....shame.... I could post a bit more if i could..my rides can be anonymous... top secret...

should get a bigger server or delete some old posts...save me doing computer course on how to make pics smaller..my porsche is analogue, just like me..    :)

Hosting photos costs money. With the rise in services like photobucket, it would be foolish of a new, not-for-profit enthusiasts forum to set up in such a way as to host photos. Maybe once it is established there is an argument to reconsider this in the light of the revenues the site is able to generate.

Having said that, it really isn't a big deal. It takes me very little extra time and maybe 2 extra mouse clicks to post a picture on here to other forums. I have my photobucket bookmarked, to upload to is no different to what you have to do if it was direct to site and then you need to click on the supplied URL. On the forum side, you need to do the same number of clicks as you would do on any forum. Once you get your head around it, there really is no problem or hassle.

Oh well....shame.... I could post a bit more if i could..my rides can be anonymous... top secret...

should get a bigger server or delete some old posts...save me doing computer course on how to make pics smaller..my porsche is analogue, just like me..    :)

What windows system do you have?

It's normal for forums to not host pictures, or at least have a limit to what is hosted.  There's a whole raft of issues around maintaining a service like this.   Don't under-estimate what it takes to run.  Managing It takes money, time and expertise.

Fact is, PFA is a small forum, so the expenses are spread across a smaller group.  Also, it's nicer to be in control of your own photos for control and re-use.

I know a lot of people here use Photobucket or whatever, but if you're putting photos online and using them around different forums or sending to friends and family, I strongly recommend looking at the service I've been using for over ten years - www.smugmug.com.  It's a professional photo site, and:

• costs about $40 bucks a year,
  • You can put up high resolution images, and the site is great at scaling
  • It handles video well
  • is super easy to use
  • has mobile apps for uploading and management
  • has no adverts
  • you can make the owner of the photos anonymous
  • and people you can give people the option (your control) to have photos printed and sent to them (like I said, it's a professional photo site)

I have no affiliation to smugmug, but if anyone is interested, I can send a referral link for a discount.

Here's my 964 section: https://tit.smugmug.com/964

Then in here, it's simple - find your image, right click the image to get image URL, then drop the image in using "insert other media".

(my only real gripe for this forum software is that I can't work out how to code image insertion right into the text (rather than using the 'insert other media button') like other forums ie. [ img ] ... [ / im g ])

Not being rude, but why is it such a hassle to post pics on this forum? Im a member of many other forums and i don't even have to pay , and i can post what ever pictures i like.

I don't mind at all to be a paying patron , but it would be nice if i could post pics with out the crap hassle of some second photo host site or trying somehow to squeeze the crap out of my pics. 

what is the reason for this??

Dan

just use photobucket or imgur etc like every other forum

As already mentioned using photo bucket also gives you control over the photos.  If for whatever reason you want to pull them, just delete the account and they disappear from wherever they are.

get the photo bucket app on your phone and uploading is simple.

Maybe the option of a paid subscription upgrade for PFA to host your pics - more dollars = more space.?  But there will always be size restrictions within the forum software for those numpties that can't convert a .BMP to a .JPG or resize a 5MP image..!

Personally I prefer a hosting service as you have better control over the size etc.  IMGUR is simple.  Drag from your desktop to the Imgur folder and right click on the Imgur image for the url and add that to your PFA post.  

Purposely designed to weed out the bullshit otherwise we'd have way too many pics of what people had for their lunch or their favourite dog pictures (edgy guilty here). 

not doing a very good job then is it.?

Purposely designed to weed out the bullshit otherwise we'd have way too many pics of what people had for their lunch or their favourite dog pictures (edgy guilty here). 

Or get somebody endlessly showing us a hole in the ground claiming it is a car stacker:ph34r:

We are such a look at me society now aren’t we? Posting on forums and facebook constantly to see who’s talking about you and if they are not, why not?

PS. Haven’t seen a “Here’s a pic of my cat” topic posted here yet.

Are you saying that you haven't contributed to THIS thread yet..?

Its a real FOMO society we live in..

We are such a look at me society now aren’t we? Posting on forums and facebook constantly to see who’s talking about you and if they are not, why not?

PS. Haven’t seen a “Here’s a pic of my cat” topic posted here yet.

Maybe a 'definitive cat' thread?

Sounds like you've been stalking my instagram! Yes guilty, love my dog more than any Porsche that I own, or pretty much anything else for that matter. 

Archived