Tangerine '70 T targa resto

rafikdous

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Ask Jeff 

I had enough issues with the front screen and that is supposed to be easy compared to a Targa rear.

Lucky break (see what I did there ;) ) with the valve lodging in the piston. Shouldn't be to crazy to fix, and it will be nice to have a nice fresh engine to go with all the work you have put into everything else.

7 hours ago, Raven said:

All those glass guys a scared of the Targa rear screen ,,,,I am sure some one must have experience in them ....

I think the issue is doing the job and warranting it for no leaks, and not having to charge $x,000.  Bruce Buchanan had a comment about them in another thread somewhere.  

Probably going to have to end up getting a patient friend and reading all the DIYs and just getting it done yourself.  Seems to be plenty of tips and diy information in various targa threads.

On 30/03/2018 at 7:04 AM, rafikdous said:

Came once, spend 5 minutes then said “I will have to come back next week”. That was about 4 months ago

I think Paint and Custom in Thornburry have painted a few Targas - might be worth calling Louie and asking him who puts the screen in?

And he has included in the quote 3 different types of ring sets.  Since you only need one complete set of the type required - that's why he has asked you to confirm the engine type and ring size - it will be a few hundred dollars cheaper than the total given.

Like Mike says, you might want to check the parts list as I thought there would be a combination of brown and black guides.  Also the gasket set?  Suggest you download the PET to check the part numbers and quantities.  Your existing No.8 bearing may be still in spec and reusable too.

I'm funding a rebuild at the moment and my favourite eye watering expenses have been the P&C's, a new 5th gear set ($2k) and set of rockers ($2k).   

2 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Adam,

Who did you buy your parts from?

In the past I have bought a lot off BWA, but still waiting for a quote on parts after a month, with a follow up or two is too much. Ok the much cheaper bit is not overly correct :) but parts from Pelican, Auto Atlanta and even FCP euro and better priced, plus there are some 928 specific ones. Rose Passion in France has also just popped onto my radar and I will be getting some stuff from there. I try to buy from Aussie suppliers where I can.....

3 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Have you tried James at Autohaus Hamilton spares? 

Yes, and in the past I have bought a bit from them as well, but of late it has proven too difficult for them to either receive my emails and/ or respond to them, phone calls as well. Not sure what it is with me.... :wacko: after a while I got sick of asking the same questions with no response....

I pretty much started buying all I could off BWA and Autohaus, but found their service/ communication lacking.

3 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Did something (maybe) stupid on the weekend

Capture.jpg

Actually, wrong equations, should look like this

Capture.jpg

You did well then! Looks like a 190 SL :wub:

More details needed!

Archived