Just got a letter from Vic Roads that one of the cars is unregistered,checked the Rego file and sure enough not there.

There is no way that I could have misplaced the renewal, so the mongrels didn`t send it or it vanished into the time space continuum,

however that would have mattered jack shit had I or the wife been pulled up for driving an unregistered vehicle.

I have now put all my rego`s into my calendar alerts  on the phone a day before they are due so that I don`t get caught out again.

I got stung with that. Day out of rego, plod pulls me over, $462 thanks. Forgot about the fine by the due date,  please add $262 to your fine sir! Damn it

I now have a reminder sticker at eye level with rego expiry date, and a phone reminder

Don't know about other States,  but in NSW if you register your email address with the RTA, they send plenty of notices starting from 1 month before expiry, then 2 weeks before then a few days before and then even after its expired ....

Give'm your email addresses people!

I have been told the fine for having an unregistered car in N.S.W is minimum $650 and can be as high as  $2200 ,,,,,,,,,there is currently a group trying to bring back rego stickers as many N.S.W motorists have been caught out and stung badly :huh:

Visual daily reminder for me

Yes was also a good reminder for me also .....eg driving along thinking my rego is due on this car soon ,,,what is the date ,,,quick glance Oh Dec 10 ............A constant visual reminder on that car ...............unless you are on the roads and Maritime email list it is easy to forget and many have to the financial gain of the state revenue a $650 is a little harsh ........

Since gaining SA rego last week in the 911, I wrote the date on the windscreen at top right corner with a whiteboard marker pen. The van has a white sticker in the same place that I see everyday

Since gaining SA rego last week in the 911, I wrote the date on the windscreen at top right corner with a whiteboard marker pen. The van has a white sticker in the same place that I see everyday

Surprised you didn't get it tattooed after the celebratorily beers!

Don't know about other States,  but in NSW if you register your email address with the RTA, they send plenty of notices starting from 1 month before expiry, then 2 weeks before then a few days before and then even after its expired ....

Give'm your email addresses people!

Yep, and phone number they txt you.

When I pay my rego via the ezyreg app it automatically puts an entry in my calendar. Plus I've opted for the sms reminder.

I've tried logging on to their site a few times to 'join up', yet its never been succesful

Archived