• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Steve.   My last chance to go on a drive for quite a few weeks.

please no d&$#heads driving up and down Marysville high street and upsetting the locals like last time.  We might wear out our welcome.

oh  no, say it isn't so....  :angry:

Unfortunately yes.

When John was leaving one of the shopkeepers waived him down/pulled him over to the curb and starting yelling about Porsches driving at speed up and down the main street and the dangers of such driving in a populated street.

Poor John was an innocent party but clearly another PFAer had created the reaction.

Unfortunately yes.

When John was leaving one of the shopkeepers waived him down/pulled him over to the curb and starting yelling about Porsches driving at speed up and down the main street and the dangers of such driving in a populated street.

Poor John was an innocent party but clearly another PFAer had created the reaction.

She yelled at a group of us whilst we were standing and drinking our coffee etc. Honestly, I don't recall anyone speeding or driving in a manner that deserved such a response. I think it was more the combined noise of the cars (some being nosier than others) and accelerating beyond the roundabout at the end of the main Street. It was nothing more than an overreaction by a grumpy lady from where I was standing (and getting sprayed!) 

Generally speaking we are all pretty respectful, but do keep it in mind for Sunday that there are grumpy people who may not enjoy the spirit of our combined company. :)

She yelled at a group of us whilst we were standing and drinking our coffee etc. Honestly, I don't recall anyone speeding or driving in a manner that deserved such a response. I think it was more the combined noise of the cars (some being nosier than others) and accelerating beyond the roundabout at the end of the main Street. It was nothing more than an overreaction by a grumpy lady from where I was standing (and getting sprayed!) 

Generally speaking we are all pretty respectful, but do keep it in mind for Sunday that there are grumpy people who may not enjoy the spirit of our combined company. :)

there was some exhaust sound checking going on which pissed off some shopkeepers, and quite frankly could bring some unwanted attention 

as an honorary member, it would be fitting for you to do the honors

Roger that "PORTO" ...I will give them a ring in the morning.  

Day is looking ok weather wise AND.... we have 20 at this stage give or take a couple.  

So I will tell them anything up to 25 "very quiet" P people will be darkening their doorstep. 

it may have been an over reaction, but the fact is that we have been going to the same place for many years now and this is the first time I have seen a local react in such away.

it would be quite sad if we had a repeat.

My point was to make people aware of what happened last time so that members would be sensitive to the situation.  I love that drive and the last thing I want is attention from the constabulary and a complaint from a local is a good way of gaining such attention.

there was some exhaust sound checking going on which pissed off some shopkeepers, and quite frankly could bring some unwanted attention 

it may have been an over reaction, but the fact is that we have been going to the same place for many years now and this is the first time I have seen a local react in such away.

it would be quite sad if we had a repeat.

My point was to make people aware of what happened last time so that members would be sensitive to the situation.  I love that drive and the last thing I want is attention from the constabulary and a complaint from a local is a good way of gaining such attention.

Please don't mistake my post as not treating the issue seriously, it is/can be a real issue within car meets. As I mentioned in my post its important to keep in mind and a good thing to be discussing - I was just personally affected my the reaction of that particular woman. (As you are all well aware I'm highly sensitive :rolleyes:

It's definitely shaping up to be a big one! 

Archived