3.0l engine and gearbox for sale

A good friend of mine has had a bit of misfortune and written off his 3.2 Carrera only to find a problem with his insurance. Idiot let his policy lapse over the holidays and is now screwed (no more grace days). It was his daily drive and this has left him with no car and an urgent need to raise money. I am helping him part out the car and thought I should let you guys have first shot.

The big ticket item is the recently rebuilt engine and box. Not sure what its worth. This needs to be a cash sale. I can vouch for the engine and gearbox, and as it is all front end damage there is no reason why it should not be OK.

Please don't flood me with PM's. Let's establish a price range and then it will be who can move fast. I am lending him a car but need it back for the weekend

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Simon I'm definitely interested in both let me do a little bit of homework to see how much cash I can come up with   I understand the situation as you pointed it out don't want to muck you around

cheers Hughesy 

Simon. Does your mate have receipts for the mechanical work he had done

Hey @SimonN

What year is/was the car? Is the box a 915 or G50? And is the donk a 3.0 or 3.2?

I'm interested - haven't PM'd as requested but keep me in the loop please. Can move quickly for the right combination of product and price.

Interior parts also of interest - dash, seats, door trims etc etc you get the picture

Simon is this the warmed motor with PMO EFI  you mentioned the other day? Or different ? If so can I put my hand up.

btw thx for the drive in your little white devil .. immense satisfaction 

if your mate wants to sell the shell interior suspension as a package I'm keen. ? 

cheers 

I have Camry V6 .. seems like a trade and he can borrow my car trailer to perhaps drop it off … We are in January now .. the drought months, no more heady christmas cheer around here havent you noticed that  :)

OK, so it's a 915 and it has been fully rebuilt and strengthened.

I am not sure what we are doing with the other bits yet, because the engine and box are the big ticket items. Anybody got a value? Does it equal a Camry?

OK, so it's a 915 and it has been fully rebuilt and strengthened.

I am not sure what we are doing with the other bits yet, because the engine and box are the big ticket items. Anybody got a value? Does it equal a Camry?

Simon,

More information is needed to establish value .....

3.0 or 3.2?

Year of car will tell us HP .....

Rebuild ..... top end or bottom case cracked and redone?

All the info given will be used to tell values .....

Sorry, guys, I stuffed up. It' a 3.2 out of an 1985 ROW car. 

Michel, you are getting a bit confused. The engine with PMO's is something completely different and will never be offered on the open market. Anyway, I have first refusal :P. This is a totally stock engine which was fully stripped and rebuilt. I will get the invoice and check exactly what has been replaced, but in short, if it out of spec, it was changed. It i like new, as is all the ancillaries and brightwork.

Simon youve broken my heart.

Don't matter, as I'm still keen on a bigger engine. Can it be bought holus bolus, oil tank etc. I have a plan.

As before when you can provide full details  on the build, I'll get even more excited and throw a number at you.

btw - is your mate ok??

cheers 

What gears, what components , what kinda mileages /HP and use..  Also the same for the engine, why dont you post a copy of the build/repair bills so we can get a decent view of what we are talking about here.  Half the Info = Half the price remember..   Your buddy would do himself a whole host of favors if it were clear whats is for sale Simon.

You should give him that feedback, probably an emotional time for him unfortunately but adesperate attempt or measures only get desparate dollars in my experience… I presume he said no to the Camry   :)

Feeding on What …  Hot Air Cooled -  what ?.. next thing we know the seller will complain, its all too hard..  2017 year of the what you got to sell  …. Im just on the phone this morning with another dude , who dont know why the second page of his log books are all hand written and no stamps and no ones got any invoices .. even though they have seen the car 6 times…. 

Simon any more info?  

Hey @SimonN

What year is/was the car? Is the box a 915 or G50? And is the donk a 3.0 or 3.2?

I'm interested - haven't PM'd as requested but keep me in the loop please. Can move quickly for the right combination of product and price.

Interior parts also of interest - dash, seats, door trims etc etc you get the picture

uh oh - what have you gone and done

Sorry for the delay. Just spent a day at the Sydney tennis in 42 degrees and promised my wife i wouldn't sit there online!

Please forget the title nof the thread, because I stuffed up. This is far less complicated than some seem to be making out. What we have here is a standard 3.2l engine and a 915 gearbox out of a 1985 ROW car. Both engine and gearbox were rebuilt 3760 kms ago. The engine is totally standard with original casing, crank and heads but everything else replaced. So it has new pistons, rods, cylinders, bearings seals etc and reconditioned heads with new valves and valve gear. Cams are standard. All the brightwork was either replaced or refinished. It has standard intake and exhaust manifolds. The injectors were reconditioned. I don't know what else to say. It's like new and original.

The gearbox is a 915 with the oil coooler. It was also rebuilt with anything out of spec replaced. All new seals, new second gear set and dog teeth, 1st gear synchro and dog teeth, 1st and 2nd gear slider and pinion roller bearings. The diff is a factory lsd but was not rebuilt (no need). 

My friend is digging out the invoice but we think the engine and box cost just over $32,000 to rebuild. We need to check the invoice because he had other work done at the same time.

I hope that clears everything up.

Can i now go to dinner :D

Think! will keep the $ low and Know! Brings in the dough. $18-25. Who did the work? 32k invoice with 20k of parts or 20k of overpriced north shore labour in that 32k?

Invoice and details would be really helpfull seller please :) 

Archived