3.0l engine and gearbox for sale

What a bizarre thread.  Posted Tuesday night, urgent, need to help a mate.  Oh whoops it's a 3.2 not a 3.0 (but thread title unchanged).   No price from the seller so we get multiple suggestions of offers (for engine, box as well as the whole car or other bits of it) but no response from the seller.  Multiple requests for "the invoices" but nothing provided.  The mechanic named seems to know nothing about it.  Now 3 days on all those wanting to buy seem in the dark whether it's sold or not.

Entertaining, fascinating but hardly the best way to maximise the price for the poor bugger who stacked his car methinks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bizarre thread.  Posted Tuesday night, urgent, need to help a mate.  Oh whoops it's a 3.2 not a 3.0 (but thread title unchanged).   No price from the seller so we get multiple suggestions of offers (for engine, box as well as the whole car or other bits of it) but no response from the seller.  Multiple requests for "the invoices" but nothing provided.  The mechanic named seems to know nothing about it.  Now 3 days on all those wanting to buy seem in the dark whether it's sold or not.

Entertaining, fascinating but hardly the best way to maximise the price for the poor bugger who stacked his car methinks.

It's an aircooled thing...

I am sorry, guys, but i have had a pretty crazy 48 hours. I got home from the office at 4.30am this morning and have just woken up (who would be an architect?). All day yesterday i kept thinking I need to log in, but under huge time pressure, I kept putting it off. And it has cost me, big time.

Cut a long story short, because he hadn't heard from me and in desperation, my friend has sold the whole wreck. I am really sorry to waste everybody's time, but can assure you all it's screwed me as well, as i was going to get a load of parts to improve my car and I now miss out.

I haven't had time to read through the thread, but thanks to everybody who contributed. As per what i say above, I cannot apologise enough for getting so many wound up and interested, and then not getting the opportunity across the line. Sometimes life gets in the way of what is really important. Worst for me is that all the work of the last 48 hours could easily be a total waste of time, such is the nature of my work. i am now going to go back to bed! 

I am sorry, guys, but i have had a pretty crazy 48 hours. I got home from the office at 4.30am this morning and have just woken up (who would be an architect?). All day yesterday i kept thinking I need to log in, but under huge time pressure, I kept putting it off. And it has cost me, big time.

Cut a long story short, because he hadn't heard from me and in desperation, my friend has sold the whole wreck. I am really sorry to waste everybody's time, but can assure you all it's screwed me as well, as i was going to get a load of parts to improve my car and I now miss out.

I haven't had time to read through the thread, but thanks to everybody who contributed. As per what i say above, I cannot apologise enough for getting so many wound up and interested, and then not getting the opportunity across the line. Sometimes life gets in the way of what is really important. Worst for me is that all the work of the last 48 hours could easily be a total waste of time, such is the nature of my work. i am now going to go back to bed! 

Couldn't see that one coming !! 

Simon,

I suppose stuff happens and normally I would be somewhat pissed off and call bad form.  

Given you are trying to help out a friend in a time of need and not playing some silly game with the marketplace I am happy to notch this one up to another chapter in the weird world of the online marketplace.  

Its ironic really, because I am an advocate for the open forum and allowing buyers and sellers to interact directly, without some overpriced middleman pertaining to be an expert taking their cut. Ho hum...

So, who's buying beers?

Terry

Cut a long story short, because he hadn't heard from me and in desperation, my friend has sold the whole wreck. I am really sorry to waste everybody's time, but can assure you all it's screwed me as well, as i was going to get a load of parts to improve my car and I now miss out

So .... I'll ask what everybody wants to know ....

Who bought it and how much of a bargain did they get?? .........

Intuition ….. The Story has already been written its called The Emperors New Clothes..  

I think its a bit of a fishing expedition..    

Looks like the dude either never had it and or just wanted to use this forum like many for free info.  Either trying to validate a buy price for something hes got his eye on or validate his sell price , that he will eventually sell elsewhere for.. but for me I call BS

and no not trying reopen the membership story..  I got it you lot dont wanna hear that one .

I will go back to my book of low ball mgmt Half the story = Half the dollars Or simply looks like BS , Smells like BS. I guess we dont have to eat to realise it.

Some kinda mate !!  or should I say " A good friend of mine who has had a bit of misfortune "   Maybe his sequel book will be "the little boy that crys wolf"

And even the Byron Tea leaves and Astrology was right Lunacy - Full Moon yesterday 

I heard that Sussan Ley bought it. She was in Sydney attending a Pharmaceutical conference and had no plans to buy an air cooled wreck but put in a last minute bid and walked away with it. 

No all we need is for someone to mention George Pell and we'll have the politics and religion thing all tied up .....:ph34r:

Archived