RWB about to cut up this immaculate 930

vinnytang

I think what RWB is very cool and there's definitely a corner of the Porsche enthusiasts scene that he caters for. I really like the cars he makes and feel he's the necessary antithesis to all the numbers matching, period correct pedants out there. 

BUT, surely cutting up a low km 930 for one of his creations is a bit wasteful? There's plenty of pigs that need some lipstick in the P-world.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/02/soon-to-be-rwb-930-turbo/

930_turbo_dubai_dino_dalle_carbonare_01-

Seems to me that if you do an RWB, you need to do it properly. Starting with a pig and you end up with a pig. Surely you need to start with a solid good condition car. By using a 930 in good condition, you will end up with a car that drives like it looks. The ones I don't understand are those who have an RWB with very average standard car underneath that has neither the performance or handling to match the looks. I wouldn't do it because I don't particularly like RWB, but in a recent Total 911 article, there is a backdate based on the same car that I am in love with and I bet many would say it is great.

SARs%200035.jpg?itok=qF2F2mgZ

I would suggest there is no difference. they are both 930's with a body kit. It simply depends on your view of that body kit

Seems to me that if you do an RWB, you need to do it properly. Starting with a pig and you end up with a pig. Surely you need to start with a solid good condition car.

And a nice 930 is the way to do that? 

'Starting with a pig and you end up with a pig' isn't exactly what I'd call a car that has been basically rescued from the wreckers. I'm no mega purist, yet to attack a 930 with a sawsall, tek screws and silicone gap filler is just bloody stupid in my opinion

And a nice 930 is the way to do that? 

'Starting with a pig and you end up with a pig' isn't exactly what I'd call a car that has been basically rescued from the wreckers. I'm no mega purist, yet to attack a 930 with a sawsall, tek screws and silicone gap filler is just bloody stupid in my opinion

preach it!   Every one that goes the RWB route is one less in the world.  They're only original once.  Plenty of crapheaps to butcher.

Archived