9 hours ago, Rick V said:

Possibly, but I was told that the factory new car warranty was 3 years, which had been extended by the previous owner by them buying a further 1 year extension. 

I purchased a 2007 9974S in 2016 from a dealer in Sydney. 
Adelaide Porsche advised me it still had extended warranty left, and I had several things fixed replaced, alternator, expansion tank and frunk/engine cover switch. 

3 hours ago, HWY said:

Wasn't there also a Miami Blue manual for sale a while ago that had some bad over-revs?  I cannot recall the mileage on that one, but it sat on carsales for yonks.

Oh yes I do remember that one.

6 hours ago, HWY said:

Wasn't there also a Miami Blue manual for sale a while ago that had some bad over-revs?  I cannot recall the mileage on that one, but it sat on carsales for yonks.

Pretty sure that was the one @DJM almost bought but then found out about the overrevs......

On 07/01/2021 at 19:58, DJM said:

PCB confirmed today that range 1&2 are considered a non issue by Porsche and do not affect Porsche warranty.  

Range 3&4 automatically requires full diagnosis, dump oil, compression test etc before Porsche will commit to honour engine warranty. 

Range 5&6 automatically cancels engine warranty.  The only potential recovery is to drive 200h post the over rev event and THEN put it through the full diagnosis above and if you’re lucky Porsche Germany MAY reinstate engine warranty.  And hope like hell you don’t do it again during the 200h or after.......if the engine survives.  I actually think the risk of failure is probably low, it had 33 Range 5 ignitions which I assume is very short duration.  But it’s all about risk vs value.

On 07/01/2021 at 14:57, DJM said:

Already done 😁

Miami Blue

Clubsport

Manual (I wanted PDK but convinced myself manual would be cool)

folding buckets

PDLS

front axle lift (not on order, I’m told standard after June 2018)

passenger harness

sport chrono

BBS fI-R rims

Manthey Racing rear exhaust 

Jan 19 delivery, 10,000 km

full Doncaster/Brighton history

On 07/01/2021 at 15:49, DJM said:

The owner says he’ll be transparent with future buyers so........

the story is range 1,2,3,4,5 over revs.  

R3&4 put engine warranty at risk and subject to detailed inspection and Porsche decision.

R5 tips it into NO ENGINE WARRANTY.  We discussed a discounted price but for me it did not outweigh the risk of an engine going pop.  Been there, keen not to revisit.......

On 07/01/2021 at 19:58, DJM said:

PCB confirmed today that range 1&2 are considered a non issue by Porsche and do not affect Porsche warranty.  

Range 3&4 automatically requires full diagnosis, dump oil, compression test etc before Porsche will commit to honour engine warranty. 

Range 5&6 automatically cancels engine warranty.  The only potential recovery is to drive 200h post the over rev event and THEN put it through the full diagnosis above and if you’re lucky Porsche Germany MAY reinstate engine warranty.  And hope like hell you don’t do it again during the 200h or after.......if the engine survives.  I actually think the risk of failure is probably low, it had 33 Range 5 ignitions which I assume is very short duration.  But it’s all about risk vs value.

Here are the posts on the over-reved Miami car.

Pretty sure the Owner kept the car for a while, did the hours/km and got it re diagnosed and back under factory warranty and then sold it on….!  He happens to now live around the corner from me.  Last time I saw him at the track he was punting around in a 981 GT4 Clubsport race car wrapped in his corporate branding.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Pretty sure the Owner kept the car for a while, did the hours/km and got it re diagnosed and back under factory warranty and then sold it on….!  He happens to now live around the corner from me.  Last time I saw him at the track he was punting around in a 981 GT4 Clubsport race car wrapped in his corporate branding.

At least that's PDK!

6 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I totally agree, a more functional and better looking seat in my eyes too.

I just googled why the folding buckets are no longer sold- USA requires all seats to have height adjustment which the folding buckets did not offer. Talk about daft.