4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I popped into Duttons this morning and saw the Miami Blue 99.2 GT3 manual.

I vaguely remember a discussion on this or a very similar car with some questionable history, can someone enlighten me.

Here's the car, it's extremely clean

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-GT-Clubsport~243503

I asked the same question a while ago in this thread and it was a different car, I think the seats were different?

The two press cars were a Miami blue and a racing yellow. Both manual, both sold out of Parramatta. They both had significant stone chipping so you'd know if you saw them. There was also one that went on its roof that may have been Miami as well.

Couldn't tell you if this is either of those cars however.

27 minutes ago, sleazius said:

The two press cars were a Miami blue and a racing yellow. Both manual, both sold out of Parramatta. They both had significant stone chipping so you'd know if you saw them. There was also one that went on its roof that may have been Miami as well.

Yikes !! The car I saw today was almost in pristine condition, almost too good !

Very low kms

36 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Dealers can also see on their computer if a car was a PC Australia car too.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Duttons said they got it from an Adelaide Porsche Dealer with Porsche Warranty, would this make it a safe bet?

Well it depends upon what it is you are trying to establish.  The thing to do is to book it in with a Porsche dealer for a PPI and they will go through it all with a fine tooth comb.  However, in theory you won't be able to get the extended Porsche Warranty because the car is being sold by a dealer outside of the Porsche network.

11 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

This can be purchased after the fact, it just an additional test/check fee on top of the actual warranty

Not without they have changed the rules, see point 13 in the brochure on this page.

https://dealer.porsche.com/au/canberra/en-AU/Service/Warranty-Extension

As soon as a non OPC sells it, you have to find the guy that last owned it under warranty and have him present the car as if he owns it.  Then it can be transferred to the new owner.

18 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Well it depends upon what it is you are trying to establish.  The thing to do is to book it in with a Porsche dealer for a PPI and they will go through it all with a fine tooth comb.  However, in theory you won't be able to get the extended Porsche Warranty because the car is being sold by a dealer outside of the Porsche network.

in theory you won't be able to get the extended Porsche Warranty because the car is being sold by a dealer outside of the Porsche network.

Yep thats what I thought as well, its in the warranty terms as well but Duttons said they have an agreement with Porsche making it not an issue.

A friend purchased a 991 from Matt Stupis at Porscha Den with Porsche Aust warranty, go figure !!

Maybe they're pulling shifties, secret consignment which is not legal in Vic. Just speculating of course

7 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Then it can be transferred to the new owner

I understand for the 'current' warranty - that makes total sense.

However, I have purchased extended warranty (new agreement effectively), all I had to do is, bend over. Then they could charge me for 'rechecking' the vehicle to ensure it is still a-okay.

Obviously, if there was anything wrong, then it would have to be addressed before the warranty could be issued.

Perhaps this is no longer available, however, I doubt they would not take the coin - who knows 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I understand for the 'current' warranty - that makes total sense.

However, I have purchased extended warranty (new agreement effectively), all I had to do is, bend over. Then they could charge me for 'rechecking' the vehicle to ensure it is still a-okay.

Obviously, if there was anything wrong, then it would have to be addressed before the warranty could be issued.

Perhaps this is no longer available, however, I doubt they would not take the coin - who knows 🤷‍♂️

By the letter of the policy they can't do it as I quizzed it a lot, but I am to believe that dealers can and sometimes do turn a blind eye to it or plead ignorance as to how you got the car because they get a commission for every policy sold.  Roll the dice when you front up, but it is hard in this case when the car is currently advertised at Duttons and you can't buy the warranty straight after the inspection because you haven't purchased the car.

The system is designed to try and keep the used cars in the Porsche network as they are normally short on stock.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

in theory you won't be able to get the extended Porsche Warranty because the car is being sold by a dealer outside of the Porsche network.

Yep thats what I thought as well, its in the warranty terms as well but Duttons said they have an agreement with Porsche making it not an issue.

A friend purchased a 991 from Matt Stupis at Porscha Den with Porsche Aust warranty, go figure !!

Maybe they're pulling shifties, secret consignment which is not legal in Vic. Just speculating of course

Was the 991 of your friend under the 3 year new car warranty still?  No issues there.

I think the Porscha Den are viewed favourably as when I spoke to a Vic dealer they seemed very comfortable with that business and they led me to believe they both referred customers or stock to each other.

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Was the 991 of your friend under the 3 year new car warranty still?  No issues there.

I think the Porscha Den are viewed favourably as when I spoke to a Vic dealer they seemed very comfortable with that business and they led me to believe they both referred customers or stock to each other.

Friends 991 purchased about 10 months ago, so extended warranty.

Makes sense helping each other out.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Yikes !! The car I saw today was almost in pristine condition, almost too good !

Very low kms

I believe the entire roof was replaced, so you wouldn't know.

(This isn't a reference to the car in question, just what they did to fix the one that went over)

32 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Friends 991 purchased about 10 months ago, so extended warranty.

Makes sense helping each other out.

I recently extended (4 years) on mine following a private purchase. If  you  are doing a private purchase, existing warranty could be extended for a total of 15 yrs or if its expired,  porsche will inspect your car and if deemed extendable, they can reinstate the (remaining) warranty . If you are buying from a non-porsche dealer, then you cannot renew warranty. Others can correct me/us on this. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I also vaguely remembering quite a while ago a crashed black 991.2  GT3 was painted blue. Am I correct or is my memory failing me 😅?

There was a black one painted green in NSW that then went to Queensland and I believe in this thread there was also another one repaired by the same guys.  It might have ended up blue.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I recently purchased my 992 from Duttons VIC, with a year left on warranty….. arrived at Porsche Adelaide with warranty in place, and they gave me an offer to extend it if I want to.  Seems like some non Porsche dealers are able to pass on the warranty without any dramas.

13 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I recently purchased my 992 from Duttons VIC, with a year left on warranty….. arrived at Porsche Adelaide with warranty in place, and they gave me an offer to extend it if I want to.  Seems like some non Porsche dealers are able to pass on the warranty without any dramas.

Being a 992, what year was the car registered?

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

There was a black one painted green in NSW that then went to Queensland and I believe in this thread there was also another one repaired by the same guys.  It might have ended up blue.

That must be it, l do recall black painted green.

On 21/01/2020 at 18:49, NBTBRV8 said:

I was told earlier in the week that the black car wrapped blue in QLD was previously damaged badly in an accident and repaired by the same guy that did the black one painted green.

Here is the post, go back to this time frame in the thread.