10 minutes ago, Gt3rsss said:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2016-porsche-911-991-gt3-rs-7

Looks like a lava orange 991.1 GT3 RS with 1,100 km on the clock sold in New Zealand for $264,500 (NZD).

Any thoughts on the price differential between our local market and the NZ market?

The joys of living in Australia. LCT does not help pricing in here.

Lets see - problems in the Australian market leading to higher prices:

1. The ban on parallel imports, meaning that high end marques can charge whatever they like

2. The 25 year rule for imports (at least it is rolling now and not stuck at 1989 like before)

3. LCT

4. GST

5. Import Duty

6. Stamp Duty (especially so in Vic)

7. No ability to register LHD vehicles for 15 - 30 years depending on the state you live in, with the exception of Tasmania

8. Small market on a global scale

9. Tyranny of distance

What is interesting is that NZ fits 8 and 9, but their cars are significantly cheaper (edit, high end cars) because of the ability to parallel import and grey import cars.

10. I forgot this pearler, for some reason Australia needs its own set of ADRs still too, adding to cost

4 hours ago, Mike-S said:

10 is the one that always gets me. It’s dreadful how unsafe the European standards are according to the adrs 🙄

Govt is just looking out for our safety.

They’re also very responsible in applying LCT to imported cars to protect our thriving local car manufacturers……according to Wikipedia there are quite a few, they probably build about 8 cars per annum and employ 17 people in total between 14 businesses 🤣

Current manufacturers

23 hours ago, DJM said:

Govt is just looking out for our safety.

They’re also very responsible in applying LCT to imported cars to protect our thriving local car manufacturers……according to Wikipedia there are quite a few, they probably build about 8 cars per annum and employ 17 people in total between 14 businesses 🤣

Current manufacturers

I wonder if any of those 'manufacturers' new cars can actually be registered in NSW. I know VIC is a bit more lenient, but I believe you basically haven't been able to register an ICV (individually constructed vehicle) in NSW for a while now.

So, from what I guess is Fusion own the name and Geoff’s company owns the cars and production facility. 

There is a hint more cars may be made but investment is needed. 
Call it the BT62 and move on😉

I had a dealer offer selling a v similar car ( high spec 991.2 man GT3)  this week for just under $330k. I Declined as they are still going down. These cars  are not  exactly new anymore either at 5 to 6 years old. 

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

I had a dealer offer selling a v similar car ( high spec 991.2 man GT3)  this week for just under $330k. I Declined as they are still going down. These cars  are not  exactly new anymore either at 5 to 6 years old. 

I know that no1 has a crystal ball, but where do you see these cars end up by end of the year? I am in the market for 991.2 GT3 in PDK and also thinking of waiting it out till end of the year but not seeing too many for sale atm.

I also wonder how will 992 GT3 market be affected? In Europe the bottom had already fallen out of 992 GT3s but not so down herfe

7 minutes ago, vtsyrlin said:

I know that no1 has a crystal ball, but where do you see these cars end up by end of the year? I am in the market for 991.2 GT3 in PDK and also thinking of waiting it out till end of the year but not seeing too many for sale atm.

I also wonder how will 992 GT3 market be affected? In Europe the bottom had already fallen out of 992 GT3s but not so down herfe

I think with the limited supply of the 992 and the large price increase there isn't any pressure being applied to the 991 by the 992.  So it will just be a gradual decline rather than a step down this year I should think.  I don't envisage the 991.2 being sub $300 this year.

5 hours ago, vtsyrlin said:

IMHO, Good spec but at least 50k overpriced for 40k on the odometer car

What I can see:

Buckets, Nose Lift, Arm rest Crest, Sport Chrono, Brushed Aluminium Interior, Black Wheels (one of which appears to be curbed in the video), Cage .... edit - Cage was a no cost option, and Lift was standard on all cars from memory.

11 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I think with the limited supply of the 992 and the large price increase there isn't any pressure being applied to the 991 by the 992.  So it will just be a gradual decline rather than a step down this year I should think.  I don't envisage the 991.2 being sub $300 this year.

The big issue is what you've identified - these had a $353k drive away price when they were new in NSW. The 992 is wildly more expensive.

1 hour ago, vtsyrlin said:

From what I've seen the 992 GT3s here aren't moving either because sellers are in denial over their worth. There have been no fewer than 12 cars available at any one time for the past 4 months I've been following that market... There are cars priced from $449k that have been for sale for over 3 months and other dreamers are trying to move there's at $579k... 

If they were appropriately priced I'm sure they would be selling like hotcakes. I know I would have snapped one up for sure... 

Ps. Just checked and the gentian blue GT3 finally moved in the mid $400s... Anything starting with a 5 seems to be going nowhere 😉

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Finally a lower price than pre-covid!