Well I am not in the market for it, but its an interesting one to watch right now! 991.1 GT3 is now starting to hit the market with price tags that begin with a 2. 

i.e. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-13752859&Cr=6 

47f504012c41c965384b8d286ff7f6cb.jpg?hei

$299k drive away in NSW

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-4705738&Cr=10 

cp5602456751970180216.jpg?height=290&asp

$275k in VIC, late build/delivery car with the engine issue fixed from new

SO, how far prices will tumble, will no doubt be relative to how well the 991.2 is received, which is going to be good I am guessing. 

I am sure at some point there may even be pricing overlap between 997 GT3 and 991.1 GT3 

So who is tempted??? :D 

• 2 weeks later...

holy crap! That is mental. As an ex V10 M6 owner, whose car was supposed to explode every time you started it, that is a shocking tale of failures. Using the M6 analogy again, with failure like that, these cars with that engine should depreciate like rocks (but we all know they won't). Does australia have the same problems?

Question is , could you take a repaired one , with a bad history after having the engine fixed under waranty  and pop a manual in it ;) 

Wait till they get to 200k or less they are going there soon...

Surely there must have been a manual box somewhere that fits it ..??  New bread of Outlaw car… 

Question is , could you take a repaired one , with a bad history after having the engine fixed under waranty  and pop a manual in it ;) 

Surely there must have been a manual box somewhere that fits it ..??  New bread of Outlaw car… 

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/989225-1-of-1-manual-991-gt3rs-the-car-porsche-didn-t-build-but-i-did.html

Wouldn't the 911R box be the box that would work?

I have also been watching these prices and think the release of the New 991.2 GT3 is responsible for the price move ...........Know if only the 911R flippers would get the message that the ship has sailed on doubling there money on the original sales price ....:D

Wouldn't the 911R box be the box that would work?

There is a guy on Rennlist Putting a 911R box to a 991 GT3 RS the biggest drama they are having is rewriting all of the cars computers to tell them that a clutch and manual transmission are know fitted in the car apparently this is a major headache ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/989225-1-of-1-manual-991-gt3rs-the-car-porsche-didn-t-build-but-i-did.html

I have also been watching these prices and think the release of the New 991.2 GT3 is responsible for the price move ...........Know if only the 911R flippers would get the message that the ship has sailed on doubling there money on the original sales price ....:D

There is a guy on Rennlist Putting a 911R box to a 991 GT3 RS the biggest drama they are having is rewriting all of the cars computers to tell them that a clutch and manual transmission are know fitted in the car apparently this is a major headache ...

Code - outsource it to India.. someone will fix it on Elance ;)

RS $479k, I know of this guy, he'll be in line for the next GT3 or RS for sure.

cp4874968808603123790.jpg?aspect=FitWith

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16
  • 3,980 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol
Private

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2016/SSE-AD-4709656

I wonder if they are still breaking even or loosing money ?

I still think even if the 991.1 GT3 gets to low 2's you could still pick up a GT4 for less. I know what I would prefer. (GT4 for those of you playing at home ;))

I think they will both sit in the same basket long term, they both came out of GT dept, but neither motor has an actual link to motorsport.. BUT they are both awesome cars in their own right, especially the GT4 being a driver focused car, which we all know is the big draw card for old Porsches, the GT3 is fast with all its electronic intervention but less mechanical than the cars that preceded it. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-4705738&Cr=10 

cp5602456751970180216.jpg?height=290&asp

$275k in VIC, late build/delivery car with the engine issue fixed from new

SO, how far prices will tumble, will no doubt be relative to how well the 991.2 is received, which is going to be good I am guessing. 

I am sure at some point there may even be pricing overlap between 997 GT3 and 991.1 GT3 

So who is tempted??? :D 

Now $269k.  Within $10k of 997.2 GT3s.  Presumably that means a 997 is deemed the "better" car?  I'm driving a track prepped 991.1 GT3 at Spa later this year, maybe I'll come home wanting one.  Could it be that 991s will be cheaper than 997s by then?  

Now $269k.  Within $10k of 997.2 GT3s.  Presumably that means a 997 is deemed the "better" car?  I'm driving a track prepped 991.1 GT3 at Spa later this year, maybe I'll come home wanting one.  Could it be that 991s will be cheaper than 997s by then?  

Better is highly subjective for many! I have had track time in the 991 GT3, it's fucking awesome on a track, but a different experience... as an overall car, I don't know that you will come back "wanting" one after owning the GT2 though... If I had to chose, its not hard for me to do so, old girl gets my vote every time, more rewarding to drive. 

Better is highly subjective for many! I have had track time in the 991 GT3, it's fucking awesome on a track, but a different experience... as an overall car, I don't know that you will come back "wanting" one after owning the GT2 though... If I had to chose, its not hard for me to do so, old girl gets my vote every time, more rewarding to drive. 

Im with you Edgy .. my mind was a blur in the RS 991, in fact I was scared in my first session , I wasnt sure, I wanted to go that fast.   Then the adrenalin from the gamer style interaction and then dare I say it  the lack of reality set in.  Im used to being the hooligan but, I became used to pushing pushing, trying to find the edge of adhesion and really just plain stupid standing on the brakes at 210ish at a double turn bend.. it felt somewhat boring.  I know the car really didnt asked that much of me and I know the car could also melt lap times and tyres.  Furthermore the Chris Harris style famous drifts in Mr Purple , they aint that hard, did one or two of these.. never thought I would be able to .

991 superb bit of kit just a getting a way bit too refined .. I could see myself in city traffic in Mr Grey or Purple as a commuter however or down Chapel Street!

997 felt immediately more tactile, delivered a definitive  .. hang on wait for it, a greater VISCERAL experience as soon as I retruned home and im only dating this car..in te garage I havent fallen in love yet … it could be firt WC love though.

Wait for the import laws to soften.they will... 997 RS with a tune Sharkwerks style or something, should be the medicine DJM.. getting in the same league of performance  "The 4.1 engine conversion brings up the horsepower from a factory 3.8's 450hp to 543hp and TQ from 319"  or just get a normal GT3 "

@DJM 997 with minimal gizmos is plenty.. go bash up the Gen 2 with the the 991 prices and get a bargain. We will keep tracking em for ya here ..

I'm dubious on those 4.1L HP figures mate, fuck its a HUGE increase for one of those motors! Also, there is a reason that Porsche motorsport choses the 3.8L capacity for the Mezger, it is the most reliable... I'd hate to have a big $$ motor built in the states and have an issue with it down under, especially the way most of the Porsche shops here in Sydney are! I won't use that word that first comes to mind.

Edited by edgy