10 minutes ago, Redracn said:

I have to disagree as I think the CS is the best of both worlds option. It can do the daily stuff just as well especially if you take a few minutes to remove the harness which can be reinstalled in a few minutes when needed. The CS is far better on the track or any closed road and you can fit a HANS which will probably be compulsory at this performance level for club stuff before to long.

I am ambivalent with CS, but the car would want to tick a lot of other boxes for me if it didn't have carbon buckets.

The cage adds to the theatre,  but not a necessity. You do lose a little bit of something though with standard seats.

19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Goes to show there are different strokes for different folks. When I was in the market I wouldn't even consider a second hand car that didn't have CS.

I see on one of the ads, the seller reckons that only 23 cars were specced as CS.  That is a small number, I guessing at least 70 cars would have been sold here if not 100?

9 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I disagree as some of us daily them, so we want the best of both worlds.

Does it have AC, PDK, heating?  

If so job done.  

PCM is crap and Google Maps is better if you need nav.  The Bluetooth even in the brand new cars is average  at best (my Ranger is far better) so use your wireless ear pieces   

If you need leather and nice stitching, you should spend more time looking at the road.  

I just admit the hip hugger sports seats don’t make for an elegant entry and exit but if you want to look good getting out of your car, buy a Cayenne  

All nice to haves but hardly degrades the car if it’s not there.  

Perhaps a GTS is a better choice if you’re looking for comfort and speed ... 

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

PCM is crap and Google Maps is better if you need nav.   

was thinking that the other day. I like to mix it up with cars I hire but the one pain is always figuring out the sat nav. Much easier to just pull out the phone. Fast forward 20 years and all those digital consoles will be about as useful as gaffer taping a beta max video in the front of a 930. At what point do car manufactures start recognising that their technology will never keep up? Future 'classics' are going to full of useless annoying shit.

Well Porsche know their market, and we are all different, hence options.  I believe in general that people don't spec their cars well enough, when I bought my GTS I put $50K worth of options on it to get it how I wanted it.  I know the guy that specced this new, it has $70k worth of options and that is about right:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2015/OAG-AD-16013571/?Cr=122

An unspecced car is just too low rent in the Porsche world IMO, but if that's all you need then that is fine, it just wouldn't be a car good enough for me.

I don't have any issues with PCM, it works fine and does everything I need it to do. 

The only time I'd have a car with the standard seats was if it was highly specced elsewhere, so while I don't discount tourings completely, they wouldn't be how I'd spec them new.

21 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Well Porsche know their market, and we are all different, hence options.  I believe in general that people don't spec their cars well enough, when I bought my GTS I put $50K worth of options on it to get it how I wanted it.  I know the guy that specced this new, it has $70k worth of options and that is about right:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2015/OAG-AD-16013571/?Cr=122

An unspecced car is just too low rent in the Porsche world IMO, but if that's all you need then that is fine, it just wouldn't be a car good enough for me.

I don't have any issues with PCM, it works fine and does everything I need it to do. 

The only time I'd have a car with the standard seats was if it was highly specced elsewhere, so while I don't discount tourings completely, they wouldn't be how I'd spec them new.

Now that’s serious value.  409k. Wow.

Looks like the owner drove it too.  

Whats happening with Gen1 GT3 and RS at the moment

There seems to be a virtual flood of Gen 1’s coming to market, which by the look is not helping re sale… primarily I’d imagine as an enthusiast you would understand the Gen 1's engine was effectively a road car one, and then with rod bolt and valve train issues…

This combined with the new Gen 2 engine being Cup Car based and so far it seems a better engine so I can see why many may want to trade up! 

whats the future hold for these Gen 1's?

35 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Yes, he has a collection and it has to go as he has a GT2RS on order.

Bit of that going around.  

But I’m keeping my 991.1 RS.  

The spec is too good ... ?

28 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:
Whats happening with .1 GT3 and RS at the moment

There seems to be a virtual flood of Gen 1’s coming to market, which by the look is not helping re sale… primarily I’d imagine as an enthusiast you would understand the .1's engine was effectively a road car one, and then with rod bolt and valve train issues…

Clearly the new .2 engine is Cup based and a far better engine so I can see why so many want to trade up! 

whats the future hold for these .1's?

I love my .1 RS   Not sure chopping it in on the latest model RS makes sense.   

I’ve had a fair crack at trying to find its limits and still have a way to go ... so other than having the latest and greatest bragging rights, don’t see the point.     

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

What is wow about that?

To me its unusual in that the kms are high in comparison to others - this can be extended to it being Club sport as opposed to the touring version where by the seats make for a much more comfortable daily drive.

So this for me evokes a "WOW"  for some it maybe "High Km Car" others it might be "Normal" you choose just my words.

Just now, Scott SS964 said:

To me its unusual in that the kms are high in comparison to others - this can be extended to it being Club sport as opposed to the touring version where by the seats make for a much more comfortable daily drive.

So this for me evokes a "WOW"  for some it maybe "High Km Car" others it might be "Normal" you choose just my words.

Yes it is compared to others, but there is no problem dailing one.  More power to him.  I did so in my 997.2 and in 2 years did 35,000kms.  I intend to do that when I get a 991 too.

I see Doncaster sold the blue car after a couple of days.  It is strange the owner couldn't do that in the weeks before.  Maybe it was the comfort of having the dealer put an extra 12 month warranty on it.

1 minute ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Yes it is compared to others, but there is no problem dailing one.  More power to him.  I did so in my 997.2 and in 2 years did 35,000kms.  I intend to do that when I get a 991 too.

I see Doncaster sold the blue car after a couple of days.  It is strange the owner couldn't do that in the weeks before.  Maybe it was the comfort of having the dealer put an extra 12 month warranty on it.

I agree drive them as much as you can, on the warranty side of things in order to eliminate the difference/objection  between buying from a dealer and private I believe its essential whilst they are within 10 years of age (allowable factory warranty period) that you maintain this factory warranty - For 2 years its under $3K as long a you service the car with a Porsche dealer once a year maintaining the car to their standard etc...

2 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I agree drive them as much as you can, on the warranty side of things in order to eliminate the difference/objection  between buying from a dealer and private I believe its essential whilst they are within 10 years of age (allowable factory warranty period) that you maintain this factory warranty - For 2 years its under $3K as long a you service the car with a Porsche dealer once a year maintaining the car to their standard etc...

Even if the car is within new car warranty, when you buy it second hand from a dealer, an extra 12 months gets put on to it.  I questioned it, but my dealer told me that is the case.

1 minute ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Even if the car is within new car warranty, when you buy it second hand from a dealer, an extra 12 months gets put on to it.  I questioned it, but my dealer told me that is the case.

Re Warranty - Maybe the case I haven't heard of that though 

As a pricing point of reference a very well specced MY15  991GT3 Touring version with 29kms on the clock sold in Vic 12mths ago for $265K (This car in particular had the replacement engine done in the factory prior to shipping) is that a MY15spec? not sure - it was the last of them though

1 minute ago, Scott SS964 said:

Re Warranty - Maybe the case I haven't heard of that though 

As a pricing point of reference a very well specced MY15  991GT3 Touring version with 29kms on the clock sold in Vic 12mths ago for $265K (This car in particular had the replacement engine done in the factory prior to shipping) is that a MY15spec? not sure - it was the last of them though

I would suggest it sold for less as that was the asking price.  The seller had a new GT3 on order and had to shift it, I think he recently sold that too to get a GT2?

5 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I would suggest it sold for less as that was the asking price.  The seller had a new GT3 on order and had to shift it, I think he recently sold that too to get a GT2?

You're on it are you melbourne based ? whats your drive? re the GT3  I see this owner fairly regularly he told me he got $265 the final ask.  I offered $260 unconditional when it came on and remained in touch.

1 minute ago, Scott SS964 said:

Your on it are you melbourne based ? whats your drive? re the GT3  I see this owner fairly regularly he told me he got $265 the final ask.  I offered $260 unconditional when it came on and remained in touch.

No I'm not in Melbourne.  I sold my last Porsche just under 12 months ago and now watching the .1 market like a hawk (and saving).  Hopefully by Q1 next year I might be in one.

Just now, NBTBRV8 said:

No I'm not in Melbourne.  I sold my last Porsche just under 12 months ago and now watching the .1 market like a hawk (and saving).  Hopefully by Q1 next year I might be in one.

I assume that was the 997.2GT3 how did you enjoy it ? any reason for selling? and whats your motivation on the 991

Just now, Scott SS964 said:

I assume that was the 997.2GT3 how did you enjoy it ? any reason for selling? and whats your motivation on the 991

I had the 997.2 between 2013 and 2015.  It was great.  I bought it with 36,000kms and sold it with just over 70,000 from memory.  I am keen to get in a 991 ASAP.  They are just the next evolution and I enjoy a focused drive.