Price quoted for the 2018 GT3 is exc taxes so onroad price in Vic would still be $354K. Very close to original list.

With regards to "high kms", in my experience, it's always been the case for GT cars. Once above 15-20K kms, buyers become nervous. Whereas for non GT cars, 20+K kms is usually not a worry. Case in point, pre-covid, I sold a 991.2 GTS with 20+K kms and a 3 RS with 17+K kms. I sold the GTS for pretty much what I paid for it in a matter of weeks. But it took me a looong time to sell my a 3RS and I had to drop the price 2 times to shift it. Buyers wanted to know how many track days, brake condition, etc, etc.

I honestly believe as long as fluids are changed, then the 1.2 engine and transmission are proven and can do track day after track day. There is a reason why people try many different track cars but ultimately 30-50% of any track day has P-cars running around. Sand blasted, rock blasted, gravel trapped.... it just means the car has been used as engineered. It would not put me off buying it at 30km with many track days under its belt. PDK, no over-revs. All good and if you can get it sub$300 then why not live for today (just for a little bit).

And geezs, except for the inflation of new car prices, it is good to see second hand prices return to normal. If the prices do not go up or even hold at driveaway price it will reduce the flippers and get the car into the hands of those who will actually enjoy them.

4 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

sharing your time with others whilst enjoying your hobbie/passion is one of the best things you can ever do

nothing better than getting up at 4am meeting some of your P-Car mates at the base of a mountain and have a good crack for hours on end, or better still packing up the car for a few days of mountain touring with the same peeps ?
if you or anyone else hasn’t done this put it on your bucket list as this is where these cars get under your skin in the best possible way. 

The best depreciation you’ll ever buy!!!

4 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

9 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Yes, I'd say that one has done a fair bit of track work too.

It absolutely has, I know the owner and often shared garage with him during PCNSW supersprints over the years, absolute gentleman, yes he uses them and takes absolute care of them… I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a car from him, my only regret is I didn’t buy his 991.1 Clubsport when offered to me in 2018 

Hi all

Long time lurker and have found this site invaluable for information so far. I've begun my search for a GT3 and just wondering if anyone can tell me about either of these?

The Guards Red was advertised @ 370K and has slowly made its way down to $346K over the last couple of months. The Agate Grey has a had a couple of price fluctuations over the months too.  

I've seen other cars advertised for similar prices disappear within a week or two, while these still sit online. Does anyone know if they have been tracked seriously or have been in accidents? Appreciate any insight, thanks

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/OAG-AD-22417065/?Cr=8

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/SSE-AD-14947151/?Cr=5

Tracking a car doesn’t hurt it. Crashing a car hurts it. 

I’ve seen just as many cars involved in road related accidents as track accidents. Tracking a car shouldn’t be considered a red flag, especially if it’s a GT3. 

These things drive much nicer flogged as that’s what they were built for. If it’s straight and well maintained is the main thing. 

Yes Hugh thanks for this, however I wasn't asking whether going to the track was good or bad for a car.

I was merely asking if anyone knew the history of the two cars mentioned which includes whether they have been tracked or had any accidents, and if there was any insight as to why they might have sat on CS compared to others at similar price ranges which have sold quickly in comparison.

When someone buys a car and is paying a lot of money he wants to get something he wants because it is his choice, not what others may deem good or bad for a car.

53 minutes ago, tyler durden said:

Yes Hugh thanks for this, however I wasn't asking whether going to the track was good or bad for a car.

I was merely asking if anyone knew the history of the two cars mentioned which includes whether they have been tracked or had any accidents, and if there was any insight as to why they might have sat on CS compared to others at similar price ranges which have sold quickly in comparison.

When someone buys a car and is paying a lot of money he wants to get something he wants because it is his choice, not what others may deem good or bad for a car.

If you like either of them, get a PPI done . If your happy with the price and all has a clean bill of health that's your answer . 

They Grey car looks nice 

Hi there,

I am the owner of the Agate Grey car. I can say that it has not seen the track or had any accident damage. It is a very good example and is my 3rd GT3. The car is nearly faultless. I have had a few offers but just a little short of what I was after. 

Cheers

13 hours ago, tyler durden said:

Always happy to provide free advice. 

As per @wilson59 says, contact the seller and take a look for yourself. 

14 hours ago, tyler durden said:

I'd suggest the grey car is sitting at too high a price and trending upward suggesting the seller is not realistic with their expectations on price. 

The red car presumably is a little rough to have trended downward so much as a dealer car. 

As others have suggested, best to try and run your eyes over them. If they have been in accidents they typically don't qualify for extended warranty and there is typically underbody evidence on tracked vehicles 👍