On 26/06/2023 at 10:58, hugh said:

I am surprised by the current bids. No reserve and higher price than expected doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. :ph34r:

If you’re suggesting that CC engages in “house bids” you are 100% correct, they do, how do I know? it happened on the 205 Auction we were bidding on a couple of months back, we did ask them about this and they admitted it happens, a quick google search will net you more results of this! 

20 minutes ago, edgy said:

If you’re suggesting that CC engages in “house bids” you are 100% correct, they do, how do I know? it happened on the 205 Auction we were bidding on a couple of months back, we did ask them about this and they admitted it happens, a quick google search will net you more results of this! 

These cars always end up listed over and over. From the selling aspect, the owners can just say "i'll only take X" like any other auction house, collecting cars then has to either convince the owner to take less, or convince the buyers to bid more. There is a big disconnect between buyers and sellers currently.

Will be interesting to see what shows up once we hit the mortgage cliff. Just had someone say to me today they're looking for locking in a new rate and had no idea that things had gone up so much as they're paying 3%ish until October, and are shitting themselves. Far easier to flip the toys than the investment. Wonder how many other people still have their head in the sand?

Yep.  I know a decent sized sydney luxury and sports car dealer that has had so many cars brought in on consignment to sell lately they can’t even fit them all in their sales storage facility……but I’ve also got a group of mates who are buying too so who knows. 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

We’re only just starting to find out! 

7 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Yep.  I know a decent sized sydney luxury and sports car dealer that has had so many cars brought in on consignment to sell lately they can’t even fit them all in their sales storage facility……but I’ve also got a group of mates who are buying too so who knows. 

The data supports this. The over 50s are largely unaffected and are still spending.

45 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Ooh I'd have to challenge that comment mate 😅🙄

Not everyone, just enough to say that as a group the over 50s are still spending - only need to front up to a Porsche event to see what age bracket are buying the majority of the cars 🤑

• 2 months later...

4 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

This one has bee for sale for a while on Carsales and just had a small price rise.  Now about to appear on Collecting Cars, so let's see what the market says.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2017-porsche-911-991-2-gt3-2

Under 320 I would think. Lovely looking thing, but relatively high mileage, sofas and PDK.

7 hours ago, edgy said:

Look like the white one (TAS) has sold? 

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Still for sale:

Check out this 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-22367148

Must be one of the Buckby Motors boys offloading their RS - the 2 owners had one each.  Rumours that one of them had a new RS on order, perhaps that is correct then.....

11 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Must be one of the Buckby Motors boys offloading their RS - the 2 owners had one each.  Rumours that one of them had a new RS on order, perhaps that is correct then.....

There was a white RS in Buckby's showroom for a couple of months then it disappeared.  I think that car might have had the RS script down the side though?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been watching this cat, but I think it has just had a $20k drop.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-21345628

This is the cheapest .2 RS I've seen on the open market too I think.

Check out this 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 II Auto MY19.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-ii-auto-my19/SSE-AD-15308676

Things certainly seem to be softening up.

19 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I haven't been watching this cat, but I think it has just had a $20k drop.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-21345628

Things certainly seem to be softening up.

Do your research...... lots of new parts on it....