33 minutes ago, edgy said:

Anyone put eyes on this RS? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-21059188/?Cr=0 

Also, can an OEM FAL be fitted for sensible $$ ? 

Good looking car..!

It's being sold by a Porsche Dealer so I'm sure you could negotiate it into the deal (if it can be retro fitted).

But it's now showing "on hold". 

Tell us more @edgy - is that your doing? 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Anyone put eyes on this RS? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-21059188/?Cr=0 

Also, can an OEM FAL be fitted for sensible $$ ? 

I was just in front of it- porsche centre Doncaster- give them a call if actually sold or not. Looked great parked nose to nose with the silver 996.1 gt3

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

In addition to, or upgrade from existing????

Considering a swap from 2 x 911's to one... 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

But it's now showing "on hold". 

Tell us more @edgy - is that your doing? 

Nope, not me!

48 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It should be standard on the 991, it was optional on the 997.

Even on the RS? 

Some seem to have the button, some dont? 

7 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Yes, it should be standard on the 991 GT3 and RS range.

Thanks 

I was looking at turbo's as well, so perhaps I had my wires crossed.  

Has anyone got experience daily driving a 991RS? 

Also curious where people feel the market is at on these cars...

10 minutes ago, edgy said:

Thanks 

I think the GT market is way over heated and expect there be some guys taking significant losses particularly on the .1s after the next 12 months.

I have been watching the turbo market too, they have soften a little bit more than the GT market, but still a good $50k over pre pandemic pricing.

I daily drove My GT3 (non-RS) but the market is very sensitive to kms on GT cars, so be prepared for that.  Very livable though.

23 minutes ago, edgy said:

Even on the RS? 

Some seem to have the button, some dont? 

Yep, it does. It's shown under Standard Features drop down list. Look under Chassis heading, last item. 

Porsche Doncaster link:

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/details/porsche-911-gt3-rs-preowned-596RLV 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Thanks 

If you are looking for a 991.1RS I have a friend  that is waiting on a 992RS allocation that I could connect you with.

Its a highly specced GT Silver car with PCCB Sharkworks bypass and other. 

PM me if you'd like to chat with him

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Thanks 

The number of 911s for sale has been increasing each week for at least the last 5 months. 375 Listed currently which is a high point for the last two years.

I'm guessing with credit becoming an issue for some buyers, various models are going to moderate in price. If I had to pick a GT3 or RS that could undergo a sudden 30%+ haircut, it'd be the 991.1 - out of all of them its the one with the obvious reason to tank.

I'd think given the delta is fairly close together, a 991.2 makes a lot more sense financially, if not for other reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

A big spec but base seats is a bit weird.  Also I see the wheels have been painted silver (which IMHO look better than black).

I will say that I am watching the 991 turbo market and prices whilst still elevated are starting to see sellers dropping them, this hasn't happened for a while so it is softening.  I guess the GT market will take a while to swing back.

14 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

A big spec but base seats is a bit weird.  Also I see the wheels have been painted silver (which IMHO look better than black).

I will say that I am watching the 991 turbo market and prices whilst still elevated are starting to see sellers dropping them, this hasn't happened for a while so it is softening.  I guess the GT market will take a while to swing back.

I thought the same on the spec . Seats would have been my first option 

On 10/10/2022 at 20:01, sleazius said:

The number of 911s for sale has been increasing each week for at least the last 5 months. 375 Listed currently which is a high point for the last two years.

I'm guessing with credit becoming an issue for some buyers, various models are going to moderate in price. If I had to pick a GT3 or RS that could undergo a sudden 30%+ haircut, it'd be the 991.1 - out of all of them its the one with the obvious reason to tank.

I'd think given the delta is fairly close together, a 991.2 makes a lot more sense financially, if not for other reasons.

Can you imagine trying to finance some of these ask prices on the cars?

E.g. stupidly paying $600 K for a new GT3 that is a new $450,000 car. Let’s assume it then corrects as a scenario, one could be exiting at under $300,000 on a $600,000 buy in a short space of time….ouch…$300k gone…

17 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Can you imagine trying to finance some of these ask prices on the cars?

E.g. stupidly paying $600 K for a new GT3 that is a new $450,000 car. Let’s assume it then corrects as a scenario, one could be exiting at under $300,000 on a $600,000 buy in a short space of time….ouch…$300k gone…

Exiting under $300 K on a 992 GT3 . Imagine what a 996 will be worth in that scenario .

996 GT3 s going back to sub $100 K 

11 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Exiting under $300 K on a 992 GT3 . Imagine what a 996 will be worth in that scenario .

996 GT3 s going back to sub $100 K 

I'd have to disagree.

Very few are getting delivered (in total) and apart from some flippers - a lot are additional cars to a collection.... Gt3 and RS too.

An RS is the wrong side of $600K.

53 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

what's with the 7th (i think) pic of the double vision decal?

1 minute ago, on_booost said:

I'd have to disagree.

Very few are getting delivered (in total) and apart from some flippers - a lot are additional. Gt3 and RS too.

An RS is the wrong side of $600K.

Yes I agree with what your saying . I don’t think a 992 GT 3 will go sub $300 K . I also don’t think $600 K asking price at the moment is realistic 

Just now, wilson59 said:

Yes I agree with what your saying . I don’t think a 992 GT 3 will go sub $300 K . I also don’t think $600 K asking price at the moment is realistic 

I agree $600K is nuts.... but with an RS being the wrong side of $600K - wait till the inevitable flippers start putting $800K on them!!!!! 

Makes a 997.1 GT3/RS seem like good value.....