12 hours ago, sleazius said:

Mate you remember how low these got prior to covid (non-rs). Keep your powder dry or if you can’t do that find a 991.2 that fits the bill.

Plus, if it ain’t Cadbury, I ain’t interested :cool07:

I certainly do, my general sense of the market back then, to now tells me the they're both up by around $70k in asking, but not being close enough to any transaction prices, I cannot wholeheartedly say they're over priced? 

The right Cadbury would be epic, and probably my 1st choice too! :)

31 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I can't really answer that as I have been spoilt and burnt with pre-pandemic pricing which has formed my opinion.  I believe both models are $100k over priced in my eyes, but in the current market good buying might be $50-60k less than the current asking, but no seller is going to come at that.

I hear you, in 2019 you almost couldn't give a GT3 away of any vintage... back then I tried to offload the 997, thinking 991 RS would absolutely fall through the $300k mark. 

One thing I have noticed which is a change in factors here - in my time of GT Ownership (17 years) the level of interest in the GT cars has been steadily increasing with the last 5 years seeing interest gathering pace and 2019/20 skyrocket. 
Back in the early 2000’s the vast majority of people buying these cars were racers or track rats similar could be said for the 997, now you have people buying for other reasons of which some are speculators thats for sure. Thanks to the PDK and Komfort spec in the 991 the car had very different option that appealed to a much broader market. (Whether intended or not)
I for one was very pleased when with the 992 they really honed into the original aggressive racer concept, I don’t think they should be designed to daily  its an option if you want but it’s purpose is to get on the track and/or rip into the mountains on a weekend rewarding the driver owner with that experience.
Buy a Carrara/turbo and have a magnificent road car 

12 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

One thing I have noticed which is a change in factors here - in my time of GT Ownership (17 years) the level of interest in the GT cars has been steadily increasing with the last 5 years seeing interest gathering pace and 2019/20 skyrocket. 
Back in the early 2000’s the vast majority of people buying these cars were racers or track rats similar could be said for the 997, now you have people buying for other reasons of which some are speculators thats for sure. Thanks to the PDK and Komfort spec in the 991 the car had very different option that appealed to a much broader market. (Whether intended or not)
I for one was very pleased when with the 992 they really honed into the original aggressive racer concept, I don’t think they should be designed to daily  its an option if you want but it’s purpose is to get on the track and/or rip into the mountains on a weekend rewarding the driver owner with that experience.
Buy a Carrara/turbo and have a magnificent road car 

Agreed. The GTS is the high water mark for the road cars imo. The 991 with the NA 3.8 would do me. I'd love to buy one to daily till the wheels fall off. Its not like we'll ever see a car like that again.

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I certainly do, my general sense of the market back then, to now tells me the they're both up by around $70k in asking, but not being close enough to any transaction prices, I cannot wholeheartedly say they're over priced? 

The right Cadbury would be epic, and probably my 1st choice too! :)

I hear you, in 2019 you almost couldn't give a GT3 away of any vintage... back then I tried to offload the 997, thinking 991 RS would absolutely fall through the $300k mark. 

I definitely feel that prices on all the GT cars are about 75-100k off where they should be transacting at. Heading into what looks like a looming recession I'd personally hold off 12 months.

But what do I know? I was sure that prices would collapse with covid, and they went the other way.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

I definitely feel that prices on all the GT cars are about 75-100k off where they should be transacting at. Heading into what looks like a looming recession I'd personally hold off 12 months.

But what do I know? I was sure that prices would collapse with covid, and they went the other way.

I really can't speak for what they should be transacting for... but tend to take the same view as realestate, buy & sell in the same market. 

I was pondering the idea of selling the 2 older cars and buying one! One less rego and running cost, plus the 991 would get more road use because of its better manners, I'm not dissatisfied with what I have I love them both, but I do have a tendency to get shitty at things I do not use frequently, hence the thought! ... on the other hand I only have 10 more years before the 996 RS can go on historic rego. 

It could just be winter blues setting in... but I am at the point I might push them both into a corner and grab a Hilux to daily drive :lol: 

36 minutes ago, edgy said:

It could just be winter blues setting in... but I am at the point I might push them both into a corner and grab a Hilux to daily drive :lol: 

I have been tempted into the same. I've been driving a Dual Cab Ute (Colorado Z71) for 18 months.  It only works for so long... so many times found myself in the ute thinking, I could be spending my time in something better than this truck, why the heck am I driving this thing everyday..? 

I threw a hissy and sold the Ute. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

I really can't speak for what they should be transacting for... but tend to take the same view as realestate, buy & sell in the same market. 

I was pondering the idea of selling the 2 older cars and buying one! One less rego and running cost, plus the 991 would get more road use because of its better manners, I'm not dissatisfied with what I have I love them both, but I do have a tendency to get shitty at things I do not use frequently, hence the thought! ... on the other hand I only have 10 more years before the 996 RS can go on historic rego. 

You will find no shortage of buyers for the RS if you decide to go that way I can tell you that right now.

I just bought a RAM to tow with so I know the feeling :cool07:

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

I have been tempted into the same. I've been driving a Dual Cab Ute (Colorado Z71) for 18 months.  It only works for so long... so many times found myself in the ute thinking, I could be spending my time in something better than this truck, why the heck am I driving this thing everyday..? 

I threw a hissy and sold the Ute. 

This is where rotating cars comes into play. Finances and space permitting.

4 hours ago, edgy said:

I do have a tendency to get shitty at things I do not use frequently

I do this a lot and i usually regret offloading things in frustration.........last year I bought back a car i sold hastily in 2012 (yep, same car). I am now contemplating buying back another (similar but not the same car).  

I say keep the RS forever,.  You won't get that opportunity again and when everything goes EV, that thing will be a blast from a magnificent past and worth a squillion.  991s are awesome, 996s are mega awesome.

You and I both need to learn to relax.  And we need to stop focussing on the bloody value - buy and enjoy.  If it goes down, so be it, that's normal, most cars are shit investments.  Flog the thing.  If it goes up, happy days but not too much because then we feel guilty flogging the thing!

Now i just need to heed my own advice!

4 hours ago, edgy said:

I recently picked up a Clio rs (last of the na ones) for daily duties & it's done wonders for putting a bit of spice back into all of the mundane daily travel.  Returning from school drop off has never been so fun.  By all means Hilux for towing & boat duties but....daily fun is still out there for Porsche gearbox money.  Of course that means 1 additional rego :)

26 minutes ago, DJM said:

I say keep the RS forever,.  You won't get that opportunity again and when everything goes EV, that thing will be a blast from a magnificent past and worth a squillion.  991s are awesome, 996s are mega awesome.

That’s what all my friends have said, including one who’s an SA at a Porsche centre, “I’d love to sell you on 991… but you’re mad! Don’t do it!”

I have a profound love for the stupid the thing, and I can’t bare the thought of being without it, so I suspect I just need this shitty Sydney weather to piss off and get back to a track… weather and my injured clutch leg that is! 

26 minutes ago, DJM said:

You and I both need to learn to relax. 

😂😂😂 100% 

27 minutes ago, DJM said:

Flog the thing.  If it goes up, happy days but not too much because then we feel guilty flogging the thing!

Yeah I’m Switzerland on values, don’t particularly care.. holding value or going up it’s a nice luxury they give us, but flogging it is where the fun is at! I’ve really enjoyed getting back on the track this year… so I think I just need to weather the storm here! There’s an optimal GP circuit in my near future 😎

29 minutes ago, DJM said:

Now i just need to heed my own advice!

lol! I’m going to bookmark and calendar this one… let’s see how you’re doing in 12 months Doug 😁

10 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

wonders for putting a bit of spice back into all of the mundane daily travel.

I hear you loud & clear! The 997 C2 has been great for that. 👍

10 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

boat duties

Another thorn in my side… my boat hasn’t left the marina since May thanks to the weather (and my schedule) 😂 no wonder I’m itching 

6 minutes ago, edgy said:

I’m going to bookmark and calendar this one… let’s see how you’re doing in 12 months Doug 😁

Older = wiser so it can only improve from here 😂

6 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

That may require some sort of therapy 😂

Got any contacts…..🤔?

1 hour ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

I recently picked up a Clio rs (last of the na ones) for daily duties & it's done wonders for putting a bit of spice back into all of the mundane daily travel.  Returning from school drop off has never been so fun.  By all means Hilux for towing & boat duties but....daily fun is still out there for Porsche gearbox money.  Of course that means 1 additional rego :)

If you can afford the car, you can afford the rego 😉

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I hear you loud & clear! The 997 C2 has been great for that. 👍

Another thorn in my side… my boat hasn’t left the marina since May thanks to the weather (and my schedule) 😂 no wonder I’m itching 

Boat - bust out another thousand.

I love the things but talk about money pit.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

This times 1000. You may not get the opportunity to buy another one. 

Due to recently being diagnosed with the Big C, I have not driven my 991.2 RS for a couple of months and it’s unlikely I will be able to do so for quite some time…on track that is because of fatigue and reduced ability to concentrate for extended periods. I can still drive on road ok at the moment and I have a bunch of other cars to satisfy that. So I have taken the very, very hard decision to sell it while we still have a decent market.

Its a 2019, August delivery. Guards red, Aurum wheels. Red stitching, belts and door pulls. ODO is currently around 8500kms. Not looking to make a killing. something in the high 400s which is what I paid for it new. So on the off chance some one on this forum is interested, message me.

3D6B9488-08A8-44BA-8C1F-136A2ECFD022.jpeg

DE471F02-2E02-4AE8-BAF4-6077787597C9.jpeg

Buy a Turbo..you wont regret it .. comfy , punchy and good for traffic light drags and a bit of track work.   GT cars offer the most clearly outstanding and pronounced drive experience above any Porsche , well with perhaps the exception of a 356 that will just make you smile, but less and less I feel they are useable on the road. You need to pull 2-3rd and get it up in the revs and thats licence melting speed..unfortunately.  A mzger engine is something to behold.. the new cars are faster but are they better engine wise..  

The pace is just too quick on some levels for the road and the two - three speed usability of their gearboxes manual or PDK.

I hope to take a GT3 Touring Manual for a drive I might change my mind..  I still want a car that talks to me and that I can interact with more 

Im watching the market waiting for it to normalise..... but will it ?  With the rise of  GPS  speed restricted cars being a solid agenda in Europe, chip shortages and the march of EV and the continual onward demonisation of fossil fuels and our country following that narrative.. although the industrial pollution outweighs motoring probably 10 fold.

I feel the grab for ICE cars will be another pandemic, here and elsewhere even though  this country has a unique resources and transport landscape , we have no level of infrastructure preparedness for the EV becoming main stream,  my god country that aint got north south rail yet and still runs diesel trains.

PS i just bought a Skoda RS to sit in the traffic and put a tow bar on , closest to RS im gonna get at the moment!  

PPS Why is it that nearly all the hot hatches have GT centred exhausts now .. bloody Porsche GT3's .. you cant put a tow bar on most.

25 minutes ago, WGA said:

Due to recently being diagnosed with the Big C, I have not driven my 991.2 RS for a couple of months and it’s unlikely I will be able to do so for quite some time…on track that is because of fatigue and reduced ability to concentrate for extended periods. I can still drive on road ok at the moment and I have a bunch of other cars to satisfy that. So I have taken the very, very hard decision to sell it while we still have a decent market.

Its a 2019, August delivery. Guards red, Aurum wheels. Red stitching, belts and door pulls. ODO is currently around 8500kms. Not looking to make a killing. something in the high 400s which is what I paid for it new. So on the off chance some one on this forum is interested, message me.

3D6B9488-08A8-44BA-8C1F-136A2ECFD022.jpeg

DE471F02-2E02-4AE8-BAF4-6077787597C9.jpeg

Hold onto those cars .. you will bounce back , I survived two wives and two  rounds of being touched by the same unlucky stick , fifteen minutes in ya car is medicine..  Best of health .

1 hour ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

I know so many guys with a bunch of very expensive cars, and they all have the GR Yaris bug (some of them own 2). Relatively cheap daily that is a bunch of fun, and they end up still choosing it for fun drives more than their GT3's or other things.

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Buy a Turbo..you wont regret it .. comfy , punchy and good for traffic light drags and a bit of track work.   GT cars offer the most clearly outstanding and pronounced drive experience above any Porsche , well with perhaps the exception of a 356 that will just make you smile, but less and less I feel they are useable on the road. You need to pull 2-3rd and get it up in the revs and thats licence melting speed..unfortunately.  A mzger engine is something to behold.. the new cars are faster but are they better engine wise..  

The pace is just too quick on some levels for the road and the two - three speed usability of their gearboxes manual or PDK.

I hope to take a GT3 Touring Manual for a drive I might change my mind..  I still want a car that talks to me and that I can interact with more 

Im watching the market waiting for it to normalise..... but will it ?  With the rise of  GPS  speed restricted cars being a solid agenda in Europe, chip shortages and the march of EV and the continual onward demonisation of fossil fuels and our country following that narrative.. although the industrial pollution outweighs motoring probably 10 fold.

I feel the grab for ICE cars will be another pandemic, here and elsewhere even though  this country has a unique resources and transport landscape , we have no level of infrastructure preparedness for the EV becoming main stream,  my god country that aint got north south rail yet and still runs diesel trains.

PS i just bought a Skoda RS to sit in the traffic and put a tow bar on , closest to RS im gonna get at the moment!  

PPS Why is it that nearly all the hot hatches have GT centred exhausts now .. bloody Porsche GT3's .. you cant put a tow bar on most.

Hold onto those cars .. you will bounce back , I survived two wives and two  rounds of being touched by the same unlucky stick , fifteen minutes in ya car is medicine..  Best of health .

I get where you are coming from but if it’s not hitting the track then I think it’s wasted and would rather move it on. If I ever do recover the fitness to venture back out, I can always call on my 992 GT3 Touring. It’s not going anywhere. And besides, if the RS sells, I have another brand itch that I just may have to scratch before I can’t.