2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Agreed and all usually quite lowly spec cars . They look very plain  IMO

With that Premium I'd prefer to just get a spare unwinged bootlid & just swap them out depending on what I feel like on the day. Instant Touring with change in your pocket

11 minutes ago, DD911 said:

With that Premium I'd prefer to just get a spare unwinged bootlid & just swap them out depending on what I feel like on the day. Instant Touring with change in your pocket

Are there any other aero / suspension changes to the Touring that could make that an unsafe option for the GT3 at higher speeds??

24 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Are there any other aero / suspension changes to the Touring that could make that an unsafe option for the GT3 at higher speeds??

LOL, don't think there are any roads or many tracks in Aust where you can get to the point of it being "unsafe".  Also having driven other cars that claim equivalent top speeds but they are seriously down on downforce (compared to GT3's), so speaking purely from personal experience, I dun buy the whole "unsafe" at high speeds.  Perhaps more unsafe driving at those speeds....

6 minutes ago, theplanner said:

LOL, don't think there are any roads or many tracks in Aust where you can get to the point of it being "unsafe".  Also having driven other cars that claim equivalent top speeds but they are seriously down on downforce (compared to GT3's), so speaking purely from personal experience, I dun buy the whole "unsafe" at high speeds.  Perhaps more unsafe driving at those speeds....

Realistically there aren't many GT owners who who go to the hassle of sourcing a decked, painting it, getting it fitted and keeping the wing in a safe space.  So the though of it is just a pipe dream.

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I know of one Aus 991 RS thats 'gone' and i understand the owner had a back country off where his rear stepped out...He had removed the rear wing to go for a Touring look.

The real Touring does  have an active wing thats the full width of the car and likely quite close the 996 / 997 gt3 size...i think it would matter, in the exact moment, where one is having some 'fast fun'....I won't pull an RS wing to go a Touring look.  

On 12/12/2021 at 17:22, spiller said:

I don’t get the touring hype. Understand they’re rare but how can no wing command a 100K premium? Even 50-70K over a “normal” one is far too much IMO.

Especially now that the 991 rear wing seems quite modest compared to the swan neck.  I saw a 718 GT4 with a 992 swan neck wing on the weekend. Looked so aggressive.

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

I have an Emira on order. Probably shouldn't out myself on this forum 🤣

I thought long and hard about it- but that youtube of Jensen Button door closing sound at Goodwood doesn't sound like great shutlines. Will need to go see the finished product in the metal before plonking down the hard earnt cash. Otherwise the rest of the vehicle paired with the V6 Toyota looks great.

On 12/12/2021 at 17:52, spiller said:

I don’t get the touring hype. Understand they’re rare but how can no wing command a 100K premium? Even 50-70K over a “normal” one is far too much IMO.

Glad you said it. To me, a GT3 has to have a wing, or it just looks like a normal 911 with a sticker kit

10 minutes ago, HWY said:

Especially now that the 991 rear wing seems quite modest compared to the swan neck.  I saw a 718 GT4 with a 992 swan neck wing on the weekend. Looked so aggressive.

I thought long and hard about it- but that youtube of Jensen Button door closing sound at Goodwood doesn't sound like great shutlines. Will need to go see the finished product in the metal before plonking down the hard earnt cash. Otherwise the rest of the vehicle paired with the V6 Toyota looks great.

I heard the same thing, then realised it’s less than half the cost of a GT3 and got over it fairly quickly. Wish me luck!

10 hours ago, sleazius said:

I heard the same thing, then realised it’s less than half the cost of a GT3 and got over it fairly quickly. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!  If it's good enough for Harry Metcalfe to order one already then it must be a special thing.

7 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I didn't say that there weren't any, just the odd exception.  It looks a bit odd to me, but each to their own.

Thanks. While uncommon, there are probably more out there than folks realise.

https://drivetribe.com/p/you-can-now-buy-jerry-seinfelds-eqhfWNO8QiWuFHb3BmsnxQ?iid=MYnOfGpASs-CWBxdgdRhNQ

What I found odd is how many people told me to leave it off. Without the wing the extra wide turbo body becomes the focus in the rear which looks very 991R without forking out the dollars for another car. 

Then takes about 10mins to get the wing back on. Simples.

F1B80043-E564-455E-9B29-EEDBA788FCBA.jpeg

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Raven said:

I do remember there being a signal Green 991.2 GT3 in manual that was being sold in Sydney about a year ago that had been in a heavy shunt and repaired ,,, is this that car ..............???

Is that the 1 that was stacked in the  Tassie Targa