14 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Did that have folding buckets?

Yep, pretty sure it’s the same car…..no rear badge because it was fully wrapped for track duty.

this didn’t last long

C53244AC-5ADB-4064-B5AA-12ECC902DFBE.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

991 GT3 build numbers 

I Found out some information regarding build numbers for the 991 GT3’s today although it wasnt directly from Porsche the source is known to be very reliable. 

These are Total build numbers and Do not include RS

991.1 GT3 -     6300

991.2 GT3 -     9500

50 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

991 GT3 build numbers 

I Found out some information regarding build numbers for the 991 GT3’s today although it wasnt directly from Porsche the source is known to be very reliable. 

These are Total build numbers and Do not include RS

991.1 GT3 -     6300

991.2 GT3 -     9500

Below numbers from Porsche knowledge. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 6.32.40 pm.png

11 minutes ago, on_booost said:

ouch... Expensive day @ the office.......

you'd think he'd want it priced low to medium to try and move quickly and quietly ?

Maybe - if it is the same car - he is trying to re-coup the repair cost too?

It was a while ago . I do remember the last time it sold it had very low KM and was re painted the same as the car currently for sale . 

OUCH!

My 2 thoughts...

If you wanted to keep it forever - you'd paint it what ever colour you want (green in this case) but.... things (life) changes - and usually you have to sell at some point. Hope you've enjoyed it - take the hit - but move on.

or

Paint it black (cheaper and way easier) and either keep or hope someone doesn't do a detailed check..... Not sure either way TBH

The history runs with the car, so IMHO it should have been kept black with as many original stickers as possible and let it blend back in to the market pool.  Being green it just sticks out like a sore thumb and most savvy buyers will stay well clear, especially at or above market rates.

General question here for the brains trust: It seems with the value freight train that is the 996/997 GT3s the new entry level GT3 is now the 991.1. Are the engines that much of a grenade as reported? Are there any permanent fixes for these motors as per an IMS for 996's. In my 911 ownership I have had 3 so called grenades - 2 x 2.7's & a 996.2  - neither of which detonated, enjoyed the crap out of for a number of years, racked up more miles than I was supposed too, cost me less to maintain than I thought & lost far less on than any other cars I've had. As an analogue man my whole Porsche life my first drive in a 991.1 GT3 over the weekend was mind blowing - I even enjoyed the PDK (which I said I'd never own without ever driving one). Can the 10 year warranty be extended for 5 years or is that a myth? Any opinions would be appreciated.

14 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

The history runs with the car, so IMHO it should have been kept black with as many original stickers as possible and let it blend back in to the market pool.  Being green it just sticks out like a sore thumb and most savvy buyers will stay well clear, especially at or above market rates.

100%

991.1 GT3's are pretty rare...... iirc more RS were sold.

I cant recall hearing of any IMS type fix. I would think (hope???) that given the pain endured by PAG (incl 10 Year warranty) that the fix would be good enough to last. I do not have any stories of 'fixed" engines grenading so to speak....

Warranty can be extended up to 15 years - they gave 10 Years for "free" to appease the owners with sick engines.....

2 minutes ago, edgy said:

That's a nice spec, was it MY15 that got the G motor? Or 2015+ built that got the 'fix' 

Being a 14 build it would originally had a F series motor.  Only the last 700 cars or so had the G series motor internationally,  and I am led to believe that the G6XXXX motors are the best iteration, but these motors were only produced after the cars stopped production, so only cars that have had a failure have got them and are still getting them.  So far they seem pretty reliable.

6 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Cheapest GT3 on the market right now. 

991.1 $245k - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/SSE-AD-7419935

So looking at that - It has 2 years to run on its' original engine warranty with potential for a 5 year extension. Miles are higher than most but is a Clubsport with buckets, front lift so the options I'd want. My consideration is the next car in the queue is $20k more (996.2) & $100k+ off for a modern/digital 991.2.  Is there any solution to permanently fix these engines - like what does Porsche do to them or do they just replace them with completely different later units when they let go or get that high rev miss? Could you really enjoy this car with the peace of mind of a Porsche warranty for the next 7 years then put some cash into engine upgrades?

6 minutes ago, DD911 said:

So looking at that - It has 2 years to run on its' original engine warranty with potential for a 5 year extension. Miles are higher than most but is a Clubsport with buckets, front lift so the options I'd want. My consideration is the next car in the queue is $20k more (996.2) & $100k+ off for a modern/digital 991.2.  Is there any solution to permanently fix these engines - like what does Porsche do to them or do they just replace them with completely different later units when they let go or get that high rev miss? Could you really enjoy this car with the peace of mind of a Porsche warranty for the next 7 years then put some cash into engine upgrades?

Porsche replace them.  A caveat though, you need to buy a car from a private seller who currently has the extended warranty on it, or be able to find the last owner that had the extended warranty on it and have them take the car to the dealer to have the warranty renewed.  Technically the new owner can't do it, but your dealer may turn a blind eye.  See:

https://porschebrighton.com.au/Warranty-Extension

10 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Porsche replace them.  A caveat though, you need to buy a car from a private seller who currently has the extended warranty on it, or be able to find the last owner that had the extended warranty on it and have them take the car to the dealer to have the warranty renewed.  Technically the new owner can't do it, but your dealer may turn a blind eye.  See:

https://porschebrighton.com.au/Warranty-Extension

Yes - they are replaced with the new "fixed" motor, a complete long block in a crate...

A whole bunch of cars that had the "F" (what an unfortunate prefix in this case) were held prior to delivery by PCA and waited for the new crate to arrive, I guess its one good aspect to being so far down the PAG delivery pipeline - that the issue was picked up O/S first.

If you buy a car that has warranty thats active - dealer or private - it can be extended, so make sure its a condition of sale - its too late once expired - although I assume its still under the 10 year one. I don't recall if it was just a drivetrain warranty the was offered or if it was the full warranty? Anyone know?

2 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Yes - they are replaced with the new "fixed" motor, a complete long block in a crate...

A whole bunch of cars that had the "F" (what an unfortunate prefix in this case) were held prior to delivery by PCA and waited for the new crate to arrive, I guess its one good aspect to being so far down the PAG delivery pipeline - that the issue was picked up O/S first.

If you buy a car that has warranty thats active - dealer or private - it can be extended, so make sure its a condition of sale - its too late once expired - although I assume its still under the 10 year one. I don't recall if it was just a drivetrain warranty the was offered or if it was the full warranty? Anyone know?

The 2013 cars which meant 2014 delivery here were the E series motor, PCA held these back and Porsche fixed the connecting rod issue with the F series motor which the dealers fitted to those early cars pre delivery.  The bulk of the production run had the F series motor.

The finger wear issue came to the fore with the F series motors as they got used and then the G series motor was developed which was what the RS' got in 2016.

A car with an extended warranty can not be sold with that warranty still in place if they aren't an approved Porsche dealer, if PCA find out the extended warranty will be cancelled.

The 10 motor warranty stays with the car regardless of who sells it and it is from the first registered date and does not reset if a new motor is fitted.

The extended warranty covers the full drive line except for consumables such as the clutch and pressure plate and flywheel (don't ask me how I know).  It doesn't cover fluids, filters or brake pads and rotors, nor shockers.