12 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Sadly I think market for the 991 GT3 has slowed for at least 2 reasons.
1. Some of the latest car buyers at that end of market drove the new Turbo S…a fair few fell in love and have purchased one. It’s apparently very very good at pretty much everything - much sportier than 991.  Some delivered and some still on way but it seems the new cool toy. Multiple 991 GT3 could therefore be getting out and into that new latest and greatest toy.  A whole bunch of nsw owners bought them.  
2. Second reason is just 992 GT3 is pending, and we are now into ‘changeover time’ for a lot of 991.2 owners of both GT3 and GT3 RS.  I don’t think it’s much of a money issue for a lot of them, this is really just play toy money. 

I think this this slowdown and subsequent price drop in the superseded model happens every time we change up a model.  

I don’t really care, bought it to have fun, not as much fun as I expected so I’ll flip it 🐬  It’s worth what someone will pay which for the foreseeable future won’t be less than I paid so meh, whatevs

991.1 owners are seemingly oblivious to the impending doom.  

$285k plus ORC for a 2013 hand grenade…..?  Good luck with that.

8d4dc7adf70bdf9bef07ecaf1d499e86.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2013 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY14

• Coupe
  • 6cyl 3.8 L Petrol
  • Automatic
  • 12,678 km

Dealer Used

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my14/OAG-AD-19835600

53 minutes ago, DJM said:

$285k plus ORC for a 2013 hand grenade…..? .

• Coupe
  • 6cyl 3.8 L Petrol
  • Automatic
  • 12,678 km

Dealer Used

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my14/OAG-AD-19835600

Are the G series engines still ticking time bombs, albeit slower ones ? 

Always fancied a GT3 but still need to do more research into the 991 .1’s

991.2 would be the way to go if budget allows at the time 

16 hours ago, DJM said:

Yes there is.  Dropped it to be cheapest listed. Too many fuckwits enquired with stupid offers so I put it back up to scare them off.   They can harass Mr Yellow instead.  One buyer told me Mr yellow will take 295k but he hates yellow.  Umm, yep good point, so why should my price bear any relevance to a car you hate……?

^ this is also true.  Those lurking and following price movements had an opportunity to buy and didn’t so I don’t give a shit what they think.  But for new buyers coming into the market, it’s well priced at 345k relative to all the others.  

To prove that point, I had the “I’m working offshore” buyer try it on immediately after I put the price up………that poor sailor is still trying to pinch someone’s car 😂

Porsche Sell Direct might increase their offer now……🤔

But seriously my view is these are 320 to 325k cars, they’re all sitting around for that reason.  Listed at 345k but I’ll take 320k. But if I say that in the ad then all the goons are back on email offering 295-300.   Wife says 315k on road, can’t afford a dollar more as I have too many cars………..yeah whatever, heard it all before and played those cards myself…….no deal.

Ultimately, you can think what you like, it’s my car, I’ll do what I want without justifying to you or anyone else.  Maybe I’ll keep it and do this to it to annoy the purists

4FEF3F66-ACC4-4D11-B3BA-8FEBA9D28B53.jpeg

I subscribe to that…….most cars bought from interstate sight unseen and mostly WA for some reason.  I’d driven 991.1 GT3 on track 2017 but never 991.2 and never on road.  To be frank, I’m bored with it on road and I don’t want to wreck it on track.  My plan to replace the Mazda track car with one dual purpose car hasn’t worked out.  And I like modified bastard cars.  I just bought the wrong car for me.  No big deal, I bought well and I’ll easily cover costs and I’m happy with that.  What’s next is the more important question……..😂

Perhaps you got the natural sequence of gt ownership out of whack and missed a critical one with the benefit of hindsight.   I did offer if I recall  correctly to test drive that stock 997.1 gt3  in white for under $150k about 18 months ago in the Perth Hills  ( another one) for you with under 50k on the clock with dealer stamps only.  Woulda/ should coulda in hindsight perhaps.  Chuck in those  carbon fibre seats you had in your gt2 and a few tweaks away from stock for the track (harnesses, cage, tune, maybe straighter through exhaust  setup (optional swap out with cats vs straight through so still drive in on the street and a trailer is an optional extra.

My 991.2 will likely be sold into the dealer network.  If you are an actual buyer who wants a great car at a great price, PM me.   Otherwise, thanks for all the commentary but…..

8 hours ago, Jkay said:

Are the G series engines still ticking time bombs, albeit slower ones ? 

Design is fundamentally flawed, IMO G series is Porsche polishing a turd.  You might be absolutely fine but if not……… 💣

1 hour ago, DJM said:

My 991.2 will likely be sold into the dealer network.  If you are an actual buyer who wants a great car at a great price, PM me.   Otherwise, thanks for all the commentary but…..

Design is fundamentally flawed, IMO G series is Porsche polishing a turd.  You might be absolutely fine but if not……… 💣

Agreed, the 991.1's are going to be orphans, particularly when the 10 year engine warranty is gone.  

11 hours ago, DJM said:

I don’t really care, bought it to have fun, not as much fun as I expected so I’ll flip it 🐬  It’s worth what someone will pay which for the foreseeable future won’t be less than I paid so meh, whatevs

991.1 owners are seemingly oblivious to the impending doom.  

$285k plus ORC for a 2013 hand grenade…..?  Good luck with that.

• Coupe
  • 6cyl 3.8 L Petrol
  • Automatic
  • 12,678 km

Dealer Used

They obviously saw the extra interest of us clicking this link and have put it up to $300K. They might find someone to take it but as much as I like the 991.1 GT cars I would never own one because they will blow sooner or later. In my eyes 991.1 GT3 should be similar or less money than a 997.1 GT3.

8 hours ago, MFX said:

They obviously saw the extra interest of us clicking this link and have put it up to $300K. They might find someone to take it but as much as I like the 991.1 GT cars I would never own one because they will blow sooner or later. In my eyes 991.1 GT3 should be similar or less money than a 997.1 GT3.

Agree mate , I see them priced very well but just think of the head aches when the inevitable engine problems happen , just not worth the trouble regardless of how good the engine warranty is on them and price , no one wants something that has the potential for problems , sad legacy of the 991.1 GT3 

My father often points the 991.1 GT3 out to me in car sales and says to me all most half the price of a new one , whats wrong with that one son ...?? Black sheep of family Dad , they had an engine issues ..

On 07/07/2021 at 07:21, LeeM said:

Gotta say @DJM, it's refreshing to read your comments, as there's no dancing around bullshit, just facts 👍

I know a guy looking for a car like yours, but he's working offshore, so...

I have a reputation for calling a spade a spade ♠️ for the most part it works for me…..

He already contacted me.  Waiting for his mate to show up 😂

On 07/07/2021 at 07:35, mc968cs said:

Got to love our car journeys. @DJM yours are always interesting mate.  Cant wait to see what’s next!

It’s like a car crash, can’t help but look 😂. I’m getting grumpier and more impatient as I get older, I think I need a new hobby.  

I did find my old clubman in Qld……not for sale…..yet.  I have been warned though, like old girlfriends you remember the good bits but when you jump back in bed, well, perhaps it doesn’t live up to the fond memories 😂. Probably good advice.

On 07/07/2021 at 06:14, DJM said:

My 991.2 will likely be sold into the dealer network.  If you are an actual buyer who wants a great car at a great price, PM me.

This IS a market watch and I’m a straight shooter.  I don’t see the point of a market watch thread if we don’t share true numbers.

Sooo, to buck the trend of smoke and mirrors and everyone being cagey about prices, here goes……..I paid 291, 18k stamps (don’t ask) and transport means it owes me 310k.   Porsche sell direct offered 305, I countered at 310 (I know you can’t negotiate right….?) they came back at 308 today.  It’s about to go, anyone want it?

I appreciate the PFA inside word that allowed me to buy at wholesale.  I had no intention to on sell.  As such and being the good bloke I am, I’m happy to pass it on to the next custodian at what it owes.  Last chance.

short of a solid offer this week, then PSD gets it for 308k, I put the cash back in my pocket having enjoyed a few months for free.  Can’t be more honest than that!

48 minutes ago, DJM said:

I have a reputation for calling a spade a spade ♠️ for the most part it works for me…..

I’m getting grumpier and more impatient as I get older, I think I need a new hobby.  

Well you just described me in two paragraphs 😁

I'm thinking of Karting again. A bit bored with the 911 🤔

16 hours ago, DJM said:

short of a solid offer this week, then PSD gets it for 308k, I put the cash back in my pocket having enjoyed a few months for free.  Can’t be more honest than that!

SOLD Porsche Sell Direct, simple and quick.  Porsche Sydney South bought it.  Dropping the car off to Porsche Centre Melbourne this Saturday and they'll EFT to the money to my account.  Nice and simple, no RWC, no test pilots, no dreamers, no waiting for buyers to show up etc.  None of the "I'm interested" crew on Carsales shaped up as a real buyer, too many excuses about wives and lockdowns and other cars to sell and "working offshore".

So there you go, wholesale price is $308k.  When i pinched it privately for $291k from under Chellingworth Porsche's nose, they were asking $325k so applying that same margin, PCSS will likely ask retail of ~$340k.  

39 minutes ago, DJM said:

SOLD Porsche Sell Direct, simple and quick.  Porsche Sydney South bought it.  Dropping the car off to Porsche Centre Melbourne this Saturday and they'll EFT to the money to my account.  Nice and simple, no RWC, no test pilots, no dreamers, no waiting for buyers to show up etc.  None of the "I'm interested" crew on Carsales shaped up as a real buyer, too many excuses about wives and lockdowns and other cars to sell and "working offshore".

So there you go, wholesale price is $308k.  When i pinched it privately for $291k from under Chellingworth Porsche's nose, they were asking $325k so applying that same margin, PCSS will likely ask retail of ~$340k.  

Did you just go through the app Doug?