On 07/07/2021 at 14:01, Scott SS964 said:
New car to market i wouldn't mind betting that this is the car that sold at auction for 301k  on collecting Cars a few weeks back could be wrong. 

It's up on their website now - 9,000km sounds like it was the same car, from memory?. $350k now.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

SOLD Porsche Sell Direct, simple and quick.  Porsche Sydney South bought it.  Dropping the car off to Porsche Centre Melbourne this Saturday and they'll EFT to the money to my account.  Nice and simple, no RWC, no test pilots, no dreamers, no waiting for buyers to show up etc.  None of the "I'm interested" crew on Carsales shaped up as a real buyer, too many excuses about wives and lockdowns and other cars to sell and "working offshore".

So there you go, wholesale price is $308k.  When i pinched it privately for $291k from under Chellingworth Porsche's nose, they were asking $325k so applying that same margin, PCSS will likely ask retail of ~$340k.  

What happened to waiting until Friday- as I am working offshore on an oil rig, but my wife has chartered me a chopper to get back to the mainland, whilst I get my 2 Covid shots during the flight, and then once I sell my Datsun to my 3rd cousin's girlfriend I'll have $310k cash. Subject to a thrash around the block of course....

With regard to the 991.2 Market I believe that you need to factor in that the 992 GT3 deliveries slots are open and the Australian allocations have started meaning we will start seeing cars in the last Qtr of this year.

With the 992 GT3 starting at $412K drive away In Victoria (less in other states).    Bear in mind most 992 GT3's I would think will be closer to an average of $440K drive away

Purchase      Stamps       Total

310k               28K            $338K

320K              29K             $349K

330K             30K             $360K

340K             31K             $371K

I understand that there are other factors as well such as financial/ preference in look/ km's travelled/ colour etc..

Based purely on the dollars i guess we have to at least ask the question as to what is the probable delta between models.  

What do people think?

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Not a great advertisement for Collecting Cars if you can buy potentially below market then flip. 

Doesn't mean that the dealer didn't buy it...

If bought by a punter, $310k all in from collecting cars - assume its not rego'd then otherwise they've paid stamp duty on top.  Listed at $350k with CTS, less any consignment fee.   Easier way to make a few k or break even in my view.

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Not a great advertisement for Collecting Cars if you can buy potentially below market then flip. 

How it is not great advertisement?  The way I see it, collecting cars is still private sale u r merely selling through their platform.  Almost no different to carsales, except you have a potential to close the deal in a short time as opposed to waiting for the oil rig worker making you an offer after he/she sold the datsun ...LOL

On 07/07/2021 at 14:01, Scott SS964 said:

New car to market i wouldn't mind betting that this is the car that sold at auction for 301k  on collecting Cars a few weeks back could be wrong. 

You should ask if they have an over rev report....? LOL

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

With regard to the 991.2 Market I believe that you need to factor in that the 992 GT3 deliveries slots are open and the Australian allocations have started meaning we will start seeing cars in the last Qtr of this year.

With the 992 GT3 starting at $412K drive away In Victoria (less in other states).    Bear in mind most 992 GT3's I would think will be closer to an average of $440K drive away

Purchase      Stamps       Total

310k               28K            $338K

320K              29K             $349K

330K             30K             $360K

340K             31K             $371K

I understand that there are other factors as well such as financial/ preference in look/ km's travelled/ colour etc..

Based purely on the dollars i guess we have to at least ask the question as to what is the probable delta between models.  

What do people think?

Maybe im a little bias but if I was in the market for a GT3, I buy a 991.2 over a 992.  Motor is almost similar, only real benefit is the double wishbone suspension that porsche make a song and dance about.  Notwithstanding, I feel the 991 components are sturdier than the 992 which look great but feels plasticky....those silly door handles just gets on the nerves... ;)

39 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@theplanner Can't be a private sale if they're a registered business and you're paying them a commission I'd have thought? 

Its my understanding the seller deals with the buyer directly, and the buyer pays CC directly the purchasing fee. 
So CC are not involved in the transfer of funds and ownership of car. 

1 hour ago, theplanner said:

Its my understanding the seller deals with the buyer directly, and the buyer pays CC directly the purchasing fee. 
So CC are not involved in the transfer of funds and ownership of car. 

Gotcha. just had a look at their website.

I was way off 😅🙄

8 hours ago, edgy said:

Did you just go through the app Doug? 

Yep.  They say you can only accept or reject and dealer location is anonymous. I rejected the 305.  Found an email for them so I countered.  The dude figured out which dealer it was and they sent me a second offer 308.  Near enough, accept then it tells you dealer and provides contact details.  Slick and simple.

Do love this "Carmine Red" is a great colour , low klms , optioned well , only thing I dislike is the painted interior trims , but I know they can be changed easy enough.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SSE-AD-7285661/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-7285661&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-7285661&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

ac61rdep078gahzw81znlak7c.jpg

c2p32nbx10sbkwla4dueqj646.jpg

15 minutes ago, Raven said:

Do love this "Carmine Red" is a great colour , low klms , optioned well , only thing I dislike is the painted interior trims , but I know they can be changed easy enough.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SSE-AD-7285661/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-7285661&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-7285661&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

Could have been yours for $308, I would have if I could. Great buying at that price. 

Sad to see it go @DJM but I get the rationale, at least you finally got to scratch the GT3 itch. Just need to get some plates for the RX7. 

45 minutes ago, hugh said:

Sad to see it go @DJM but I get the rationale, at least you finally got to scratch the GT3 itch.

I think should encourage @DJM to get into an RS.... I know he will enjoy the hunt.

6 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I think should encourage @DJM to get into an RS.... I know he will enjoy the hunt.

A .2 RS is on my radar as I become more senior and require more creature comforts. Hopefully by that stage 992 prices will have driven them down! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Here ya go @hugh only a .1 but ticks all the other boxes, chocolate motor, only driven on Friday's/Saturday's/Sunday's and full crash history.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-19915722/?Cr=0

Yep, already pre-crashed and repaired, so no worry about pranging a pristine car 😉 

14 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Here ya go @hugh only a .1 but ticks all the other boxes, chocolate motor, only driven on Friday's/Saturday's/Sunday's and full crash history.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-19915722/?Cr=0

Just now, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yep, already pre-crashed and repaired, so no worry about pranging a pristine car 😉 

I would only be using it for the same thing so it wouldn't bother me pending a) its been repaired properly & b) you are getting it at the right price all factors considered. Having said that, the crash history concerns me less than the .1 engine popping, it's not just a rumour, it does happen and I've seen it happen in real time more than once. For me, a .1 price needs to be very sharp, if for example I could get into a .2 RS for less than 100k extra I'd be taking a .2 in a heartbeat. 

In the not too distant future .1's will be good buying at mid- high 1's - low 2's, given their performance etc. Once you are getting into the 3's you'd want a .2. 

I will add that I don't know why people would use a picture of their car getting flogged (especially at an event like Targa Tas) on a for sale listing, seems odd to me. I remember reading Unique Cars as a kid and seeing worked Commodore's etc. for sale and the single pic would be of it doing a huge burnout - not something that I would have thought is beneficial to the sale. Hey, maybe that's just me.  

1 minute ago, hugh said:

I would only be using it for the same thing so it wouldn't bother me pending a) its been repaired properly & b) you are getting it at the right price all factors considered. Having said that, the crash history concerns me less than the .1 engine popping, it's not just a rumour, it does happen and I've seen it happen in real time more than once. For me, a .1 price needs to be very sharp, if for example I could get into a .2 RS for less than 100k extra I'd be taking a .2 in a heartbeat. 

In the not too distant future .1's will be good buying at mid- high 1's - low 2's, given their performance etc. Once you are getting into the 3's you'd want a .2. 

PO is highly respected Ortho surgeon, so I would think the repairs would have been done properly, with cost a secondary consideration.  PCH have the car, not sure if it is on consignment or whether they have bought / traded the car.  I think he must be concentrating on sailing now (as a family), and has given up Tarmac rallying?  Not sure which would be more costly...

28 minutes ago, hugh said:

A 9.1RS in the high 1's early 2's with ext warranty would be the perfect track rat I'm liking your crystal ball @hugh

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

PO is highly respected Ortho surgeon, so I would think the repairs would have been done properly, with cost a secondary consideration.  PCH have the car, not sure if it is on consignment or whether they have bought / traded the car.  I think he must be concentrating on sailing now (as a family), and has given up Tarmac rallying?  Not sure which would be more costly...

Boats are significantly more expensive!

2 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

A 9.1RS in the high 1's early 2's with ext warranty would be the perfect track rat I'm liking your crystal ball @hugh

I don't feel it's unlikely, there are a lot of them and I cant see values going up based on the broader appeal of models either side of the 991.1. 

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Nothing like an RS with Targa tassie history.... :D

2 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Boats are significantly more expensive!

images.jpeg.8ec4cbc176e8f02dcb14aadf7ffda9a4.jpeg

I am very close to being ready again.... 

59 minutes ago, hugh said:

& boring. 

You ain't done it right then!! 😛