6 hours ago, MFX said:

Love the colour, and agree that tartan seat inserts would work better. I just don't get why people go with a matt finish and make their high end car look like it was painted by a teenager in the back shed.

Not a fan either, but you can pull it off and get it redone. $6k at this price is a drop in the bucket anyway.

43 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

The manual 991.2 GT3 Club Sport finished in GT Silver that was up for Auction again tonight with Collecting Cars; It just Sold for $301K + 10K buyers premium.

Fair result?

spec - 

image.png.d9565ff1ed2a4eb8262af630a9ad527e.png

Within $1,500 of last time so I guess the market has spoken, at least as far as that particular car is concerned… Did auction comments indicate whether anyone got an over-rev report in the end?

2 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

The manual 991.2 GT3 Club Sport finished in GT Silver that was up for Auction again tonight with Collecting Cars; It just Sold for $301K + 10K buyers premium.

Fair result?

spec - 

image.png.d9565ff1ed2a4eb8262af630a9ad527e.png

Did you buy it?  Cheap for a manual.  I suspect you prefer red and PDK tho’….

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Did you buy it?  Cheap for a manual.  I suspect you prefer red and PDK tho’….

😂

seriously though i cant help but think the seller cost themselves some $$ ( well at least 10k) going down this auction path 

that Carmine Red with Platinum wheels is a tasty spec 

14 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

that Carmine Red with Platinum wheels is a tasty spec 

Got an offer through Porsche Sell Direct.  You can decline with comments so that’s already done 😂.  I assume Porsche doesn’t want dealers squabbling over cars so will be interesting to see what happens next.  Interestingly the offer was more than that manual on collecting cars achieved so for sure that dude sold below wholesale. Not a great endorsement for CC - was that car over revved or had some other issue?

13 hours ago, DJM said:

Got an offer through Porsche Sell Direct.  You can decline with comments so that’s already done 😂.  I assume Porsche doesn’t want dealers squabbling over cars so will be interesting to see what happens next.  Interestingly the offer was more than that manual on collecting cars achieved so for sure that dude sold below wholesale. Not a great endorsement for CC - was that car over revved or had some other issue?

I think a few people asked unsuccessfully for an over revs report, so maybe something to hide?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2021 at 10:23, NBTBRV8 said:

To try and create a loss feeling in buyers to prod them to start the conversation most likely.  One thing I have suggested to Carsales a couple of times is that they do very little to encourage the start of a conversation, e.g. sellers should be able to send messages or offers to those who have the car saved in their watch list exclusively.

Also I see the new 992 touring was announced today.  Big $.

For example,

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SSE-AD-7285661

This car went from 333-->325-->345.

If it wasn't going to sell at 325, what makes one think it'll sell at 345?!

1 hour ago, Kiwiland7r said:

It's a very common topic on this forum mate. The simple answer is, there is no answer

7 hours ago, Kiwiland7r said:

For example,

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SSE-AD-7285661

The reliance is new people enter the market.  Also you get a heap of lowballers, so pump the asking price and the lowball gets closer to what you'd sell it for.

Otherwise ask the seller who is active in this thread :)

My old man had his 930 on carsales for the best part of 3 years without a sale (over 75,000 ad views in that time from memory). He put the price up 10K and it sold in 1 week for more than the original asking price. No new photos, no changes to the ad description, only the price increase. True story.

14 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Come on Doug, the public are demanding an answer.

Quote of the day, on another forum and wasn't Doug, but some similarities. May be a Scottish cousin from the same clan wayback

I always seem to buy my cars unsighted and with never test driving both new and used.
Mainly used because I can negotiate without emotion and New as I research the model online and like the idea of being surprised. they have all worked out except one. A 911 gt3 Manual 991.2 . I have always had v8’s and this car had no torque, sold it after a week.made some $$ .

On 05/07/2021 at 00:00, LeeM said:

It's a very common topic on this forum mate. The simple answer is, there is no answer

Yes there is.  Dropped it to be cheapest listed. Too many fuckwits enquired with stupid offers so I put it back up to scare them off.   They can harass Mr Yellow instead.  One buyer told me Mr yellow will take 295k but he hates yellow.  Umm, yep good point, so why should my price bear any relevance to a car you hate……?

19 hours ago, JLD said:

Changing the price puts it back on the top of the newest listings

9 hours ago, spiller said:

My old man had his 930 on carsales for the best part of 3 years without a sale (over 75,000 ad views in that time from memory). He put the price up 10K and it sold in 1 week for more than the original asking price. No new photos, no changes to the ad description, only the price increase. True story.

^ this is also true.  Those lurking and following price movements had an opportunity to buy and didn’t so I don’t give a shit what they think.  But for new buyers coming into the market, it’s well priced at 345k relative to all the others.  

To prove that point, I had the “I’m working offshore” buyer try it on immediately after I put the price up………that poor sailor is still trying to pinch someone’s car 😂

On 04/07/2021 at 22:57, Kiwiland7r said:

For example,

Porsche Sell Direct might increase their offer now……🤔

But seriously my view is these are 320 to 325k cars, they’re all sitting around for that reason.  Listed at 345k but I’ll take 320k. But if I say that in the ad then all the goons are back on email offering 295-300.   Wife says 315k on road, can’t afford a dollar more as I have too many cars………..yeah whatever, heard it all before and played those cards myself…….no deal.

Ultimately, you can think what you like, it’s my car, I’ll do what I want without justifying to you or anyone else.  Maybe I’ll keep it and do this to it to annoy the purists

4FEF3F66-ACC4-4D11-B3BA-8FEBA9D28B53.jpeg

7 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Quote of the day, on another forum and wasn't Doug, but some similarities. May be a Scottish cousin from the same clan wayback

I always seem to buy my cars unsighted and with never test driving both new and used.
Mainly used because I can negotiate without emotion and New as I research the model online and like the idea of being surprised. they have all worked out except one. A 911 gt3 Manual 991.2 . I have always had v8’s and this car had no torque, sold it after a week.made some $$ .

I subscribe to that…….most cars bought from interstate sight unseen and mostly WA for some reason.  I’d driven 991.1 GT3 on track 2017 but never 991.2 and never on road.  To be frank, I’m bored with it on road and I don’t want to wreck it on track.  My plan to replace the Mazda track car with one dual purpose car hasn’t worked out.  And I like modified bastard cars.  I just bought the wrong car for me.  No big deal, I bought well and I’ll easily cover costs and I’m happy with that.  What’s next is the more important question……..😂

46 minutes ago, DJM said:

Yes there is.  Dropped it to be cheapest listed. Too many fuckwits enquired with stupid offers so I put it back up to scare them off.   They can harass Mr Yellow instead.  One buyer told me Mr yellow will take 295k but he hates yellow. 

Fair enough, as there's plenty of them around.

My comment was a generalisation of sellers upping and dropping prices for whatever reason when their car has been on the market for a long time

11 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Fair enough, as there's plenty of them around.

My comment was a generalisation of sellers upping and dropping prices for whatever reason when their car has been on the market for a long time

Each to their own, who cares what strategy people employ to sell their cars…..or not sell.  Who knows what their motivations are or what crazy shit they’ve endured on Carsales.

Sadly I think market for the 991 GT3 has slowed for at least 2 reasons.
1. Some of the latest car buyers at that end of market drove the new Turbo S…a fair few fell in love and have purchased one. It’s apparently very very good at pretty much everything - much sportier than 991.  Some delivered and some still on way but it seems the new cool toy. Multiple 991 GT3 could therefore be getting out and into that new latest and greatest toy.  A whole bunch of nsw owners bought them.  
2. Second reason is just 992 GT3 is pending, and we are now into ‘changeover time’ for a lot of 991.2 owners of both GT3 and GT3 RS.  I don’t think it’s much of a money issue for a lot of them, this is really just play toy money. 

I think this this slowdown and subsequent price drop in the superseded model happens every time we change up a model.