30 minutes ago, edgy said:

Nothing like an RS with Targa tassie history.... :D

images.jpeg.8ec4cbc176e8f02dcb14aadf7ffda9a4.jpeg

I am very close to being ready again.... 

You ain't done it right then!! 😛 

There are 2 brilliant days in the life of boat ownership: the day you bought it and the day you sold it

58 minutes ago, JLD said:

There are 2 brilliant days in the life of boat ownership: the day you bought it and the day you sold it

Same with 99.9% of cars too.

7 hours ago, hugh said:

A .2 RS is on my radar as I become more senior and require more creature comforts. Hopefully by that stage 992 prices will have driven them down! :lol:

I've got my name down on a 992 RS but I'm leaning the same way. If 992 GT3 prices are anything to go by, can't see any change out of $550k on the RS. Probably will see 991.2 GT3 and RS values staying fairly static due to the frankly huge price rises for the 992 models over the previous generation.

23 hours ago, Raven said:

Do love this "Carmine Red" is a great colour , low klms , optioned well , only thing I dislike is the painted interior trims , but I know they can be changed easy enough.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SSE-AD-7285661/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-7285661&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-7285661&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

ac61rdep078gahzw81znlak7c.jpg

c2p32nbx10sbkwla4dueqj646.jpg

I thought the same in photos and had lined up CF replacements but when the car arrived I decided it was actually pretty good, kind of livens up the interior somewhat so I stuck with them.

21 hours ago, hugh said:

A .2 RS is on my radar as I become more senior and require more creature comforts. Hopefully by that stage 992 prices will have driven them down! :lol:

Nah, not seeing it.  996 RS is way more tactile and engaging.  I don’t see a 991/992 being right for you.  Knowing you though you’re thinking AND not OR……

On 09/07/2021 at 08:56, Scott SS964 said:

I think should encourage @DJM to get into an RS.... I know he will enjoy the hunt.

Nope, I’m done with GT cars which in all likelihood means I’m done with Porsche.  I’ve had 964C2 and GT2, 3, 4 all awesome cars but I get no enjoyment from pottering around.  I’ve driven them hard but it’s not a sensible (or legal) way to behave on the road.  On track they are very very good but I’ve been spoiled with faster more focussed track cars.  And punting 300k round a track uninsured means you always have the “what if” in the back of your mind which hampers the fun.

If I get any ideas, you can remind me of this post…..

20 minutes ago, DJM said:

Nope, I’m done with GT cars which in all likelihood means I’m done with Porsche.  I’ve had 964C2 and GT2, 3, 4 all awesome cars but I get no enjoyment from pottering around.  I’ve driven them hard but it’s not a sensible (or legal) way to behave on the road.  On track they are very very good but I’ve been spoiled with faster more focussed track cars.  And punting 300k round a track uninsured means you always have the “what if” in the back of your mind which hampers the fun.

If I get any ideas, you can remind me of this post.

meanwhile, I’ve been offered my old clubbie back, sold it in 2012 to go chase Porsches.   that was the best fun road car I’ve ever had so I might just pull the trigger.  It’s worth a little more than stamp duty on a GT3…..

75262B93-A915-4195-8DD0-7B3783836E24.png

Seems we have things in common I run a MNR Vortx R1 clubbie in NSW supersprint series , just love driving it , they are the ultimate track day car , ultra light weight , quick , cost effective , and such a scream to drive , a proper drivers car and a real sensory overload to drive  :Beer: my car weigh in at 475kg with a driver and 180 hp R1 power plant , zero comforts just a stripped to the bones track car ..

45070200384_2629326eb7_k.jpg

19 minutes ago, Raven said:

Seems we have things in common I run a MNR Vortx R1 clubbie in NSW supersprint series , just love driving it , they are the ultimate track day car , ultra light weight , quick , cost effective , and such a scream to drive , a proper drivers car and a real sensory overload to drive  :Beer: my car weigh in at 475kg with a driver and 180 hp R1 power plant , zero comforts just a stripped to the bones track car ..

45070200384_2629326eb7_k.jpg

The right colour too 😂. Mine was 240hp/620kg. Similar power to weight to yours, around 400hp/tonne.  Keeping on topic, a 991 GT3 would need ~570hp to achieve the same power to weight.

Interesting perspective Doug, there is not too much to bag about Porsche GT cars in general so you’re probably right GT cars aren't for you. 
Most sports cars are way too quick for the road even the oldies, there are so many factors involved in enthusiast car ownership, but none more so than how you feel about the car and how it makes you feel if you get that right that makes it your special car, there not just a thing anymore.

Good luck on the next search 

1 hour ago, DJM said:

And punting 300k round a track uninsured means you always have the “what if” in the back of your mind which hampers the fun.

Bet the owner of a newish RS is regretting his decision to do a track day at The Bend in the wet coupla weeks ago. Am told it was totalled. Oops! 

Think you're at where I am with Porsche ownership mate. Love my car and I've only owned it and the 912, yet hills driving isn't enough for me to be stimulated that much anymore. I'd love to track it, but I just can't afford a mechanical catastrophe, especially at the engine killer The Bend. That's why I was looking at cheap WRX's, so I could drive as fast as I can without having to worry about a $30k engine rebuild or writing off $80-90-100k into a wall with no insurance. Same reason a mate (a member here) sold his 84 911 backdate, and bought a 944 with a cage and some suspension mods. Much to his credit, the 911 became too nice and expensive to not be concerned something may happen on track. 

Enjoy the clubbie if you get it back 👍

2 hours ago, DJM said:

The right colour too 😂. Mine was 240hp/620kg. Similar power to weight to yours, around 400hp/tonne.  Keeping on topic, a 991 GT3 would need ~570hp to achieve the same power to weight.

often after a day at the track I would come home and drive my 997 C2s in evening ,,,Getting into the Porsche was like driving a steam roller after being in the clubbie all day , it felt so heavy and clumsy to drive LOL , the difference some 900kg makes :Chuckle2:

The GT3 I buy will be100% for road use i have no interest tracking it as I have dedicated track cars, I just want a raw weekend ride and it seems to fit my needs and tick all the boxes  ..

My first world problem currently is getting a 992 GT3 , if that falls short then there are a number of 991.2 cars like your previous Carmine red car that are also on my Radar ..

32 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Bet the owner of a newish RS is regretting his decision to do a track day at The Bend in the wet coupla weeks ago. Am told it was totalled. Oops! 

Think you're at where I am with Porsche ownership mate. Love my car and I've only owned it and the 912, yet hills driving isn't enough for me to be stimulated that much anymore. I'd love to track it, but I just can't afford a mechanical catastrophe, especially at the engine killer The Bend. That's why I was looking at cheap WRX's, so I could drive as fast as I can without having to worry about a $30k engine rebuild or writing off $80-90-100k into a wall with no insurance. Same reason a mate (a member here) sold his 84 911 backdate, and bought a 944 with a cage and some suspension mods. Much to his credit, the 911 became too nice and expensive to not be concerned something may happen on track. 

Enjoy the clubbie if you get it back 👍

Well this makes me feel great about taking my GT3 to the bend on Sunday 😳

@LeeM What colour was the RS? Not good.

5 hours ago, DJM said:

Nope, I’m done with GT cars which in all likelihood means I’m done with Porsche.  I’ve had 964C2 and GT2, 3, 4 all awesome cars but I get no enjoyment from pottering around.  I’ve driven them hard but it’s not a sensible (or legal) way to behave on the road.  .

Fair opinion especially coming From someone who’s owned and driven them. They feel awful to me when pottering around but great when you’re “on it”…..And I think australia is one of the worst places in the world to drive for driving “on it”, so short of a track, there’s nowhere really to enjoy a GT car to any extent. 

All the best with whatever you decide in the future, Porsche or otherwise 👍

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Aren’t they all orange…….sorry, “Lava” :lol:

seems to be either orange or purple in the .1’s. 

They definitely had a very limited colour palate on the .1 

I think silver & white only other choices… to get PTS back then I don’t think a reach around for your SA would have cut it? Now they take anyone’s money 😂

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Aren’t they all orange…….sorry, “Lava” :lol:

seems to be either orange or purple in the .1’s. 

22 minutes ago, edgy said:

They definitely had a very limited colour palate on the .1 

I think silver & white only other choices… to get PTS back then I don’t think a reach around for your SA would have cut it? Now they take anyone’s money 😂

As opposed to the extensive list of colour options for 996 GT3RS? :ph34r: :P