42 minutes ago, DJM said:

There’s a stack of money about, just had our best ever monthly sales result in our business since we started in 2006……..that’s with display homes closed, zoom meetings with clients and staff working from home until early Nov.  Go figure……🤷‍♂️  Kept me a vial of that bat flu to re-release next year 😂

Yeah the flip side to this is people don't need to work (because of the high savings levels). I've just had the highest rates of turnover ever by about 3 fold. Great resignation has hit healthcare early, probably because we all worked through covid and it was in much harder conditions than normal.

On 15/11/2021 at 11:49, DD911 said:

General question here for the brains trust: It seems with the value freight train that is the 996/997 GT3s the new entry level GT3 is now the 991.1. Are the engines that much of a grenade as reported? Are there any permanent fixes for these motors as per an IMS for 996's. In my 911 ownership I have had 3 so called grenades - 2 x 2.7's & a 996.2  - neither of which detonated, enjoyed the crap out of for a number of years, racked up more miles than I was supposed too, cost me less to maintain than I thought & lost far less on than any other cars I've had. As an analogue man my whole Porsche life my first drive in a 991.1 GT3 over the weekend was mind blowing - I even enjoyed the PDK (which I said I'd never own without ever driving one). Can the 10 year warranty be extended for 5 years or is that a myth? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for your feedback on my previous post. I learn so much from these forums thanks to the generosity from those of you that share your wisdom. Decided that a .2 is the way to go - just means an extra few months of hard work to get to the level required. Ultimately I believe the last thing you want in the back of your mind when you put your foot down in a GT3 is if it's going to detonate.... there just seems no consensus whether its short runs, track runs or cold weather with no real solution. As my late father always told me - 'in life just decide what you really want & pay the price.' Cheers

Will the GT4 RS affect the GT3 Market? - I just did a quick config with a Weissach pack & few other goodies & it came in at $390k drive away (in Vic). Brings it line ball with a decent 991.2 GT3 - under finance it will likely be cheaper being a brand new car. Is it worth the wait? Will a few extra spots open up on the 992 GT3 orders?

3 hours ago, DD911 said:

As my late father always told me - 'in life just decide what you really want & pay the price.' Cheers

Spot on. 

6 minutes ago, DD911 said:

Will the GT4 RS affect the GT3 Market? - I just did a quick config with a Weissach pack & few other goodies & it came in at $390k drive away (in Vic). Brings it line ball with a decent 991.2 GT3 - under finance it will likely be cheaper being a brand new car. Is it worth the wait? Will a few extra spots open up on the 992 GT3 orders?

Possibly, it may sway a few but I feel there will always be a preference for a GT3 with a significant portion of buyers. In some respects, I think the GT4 offers a better package for a modern road/track/weekend/fun car than a GT3 and is better value. They also seem to be holding their value ok in comparison to a GT3. 

I'd have a manual GT4, but I'd go PDK in a 991.2 GT3, that's the big deciding factor for me. 

Sadly Australian supply for new GT cars inc GT4RS is a massive issue hence the price of 2nd hand ones.
If you want a new car you either be patient and hope your number comes up over the next 12 months or buy used. 

One things for sure if you havent had your paid EOI down on any of these cars for at least 12-18 months then securing an allocation is highly unlikely.  

The present communication from Porsche is that there are no more allocations for GT3 in Australia as for GT4RS there are no slots left for 21/22

54 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

Sadly Australian supply for new GT cars inc GT4RS is a massive issue hence the price of 2nd hand ones.
If you want a nee car  you either be patient and hope your number comes up over the next 12 months or buy used. 

One things for sure if you havent had your paid EOI down on any of these cars for at least 12-18 months then securing an allocation is highly unlikely.  

The present communication from Porsche is that there are no more allocations for GT3 in Australia as for GT4RS there are no slots left for 21/22

Just bicycle for you sir for the next year or so then........................:(

1 hour ago, SS 3 said:

If you want a nee car  you either be patient and hope your number comes up over the next 12 months or buy used. 

Hear the same stories from our UK friends... from what I've heard they have a larger production slot for GT4 RSs' but who knows what that means for us RHD small fry

It begs the question, when will Porsche up their capacity for the RHD markets? Are they leaving $ on the table by focusing largely on their larger traditional markets? Or is the shortfall in supply to us backwards folk only down to supply chain issues associated with Covid? They built 20Kish 991 GT cars after all, yet there’s always a fight for an allocation and the inevitable inflation in the flippers market that follows. What’s the real story?

1 minute ago, spiller said:

It begs the question, when will Porsche up their capacity for the RHD markets? Are they leaving $ on the table by focusing largely on their larger traditional markets? Or is the shortfall in supply to us backwards folk only down to supply chain issues associated with Covid? They built 20Kish 991 GT cars after all, yet there’s always a fight for an allocation and the inevitable inflation in the flippers market that follows. What the real story?

I'd say it is a bit of the above and PCA limiting the number of cars they bring in to keep the market and prices pent up.  An unlimited production run means nothing if the local subsidiary caps the supply for it's own purposes.

We get more GT cars here per capita than any other country believe it or not. We’re also the highest profit market per unit back to Porsche AG, due to our lack of parallel imports.

Check out the price of any Porsche in NZ where they have to compete with grey imports from the UK and Japan…. for some strange reason prices are significantly cheaper, who knew? 😂

Long as the laws favour the manufacturers, and we’re silly enough to pay it, nothing here is going to change. Demand will exceed supply, and Porsche will keep ratcheting the prices.

For anyone who didn’t know, Porsche Cars Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Porsche AG …. Oh look! Another reason prices are high and supply is low. Monopolies are known for charging fair prices right? 🤣🤣🤣 

29 minutes ago, sleazius said:

We get more GT cars here per capita than any other country believe it or not. We’re also the highest profit market per unit back to Porsche AG, due to our lack of parallel imports.

Check out the price of any Porsche in NZ where they have to compete with grey imports from the UK and Japan…. for some strange reason prices are significantly cheaper, who knew? 😂

Long as the laws favour the manufacturers, and we’re silly enough to pay it, nothing here is going to change. Demand will exceed supply, and Porsche will keep ratcheting the prices.

For anyone who didn’t know, Porsche Cars Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Porsche AG …. Oh look! Another reason prices are high and supply is low. Monopolies are known for charging fair prices right? 🤣🤣🤣 

Yes - We (AU) get and sell more GT Cars per capita than any other country.

Didn't know about NZ

PCA has a vested interest in keeping supply just right.... When i spoke at length with a member of the C-Suite of PCA @ Targa - when questioned regarding supply - of GT2RS - the consensus was that they would supply everyone of 132 deposits - minus 1. When the economy was doing it tough - the biggest holder of GT3RS and GT2RS near new AND used was PCA and the 2 dealerships they own......

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Porsche should be banned from making ANY of their sports cars in white, grey or black. Walk down any street these days and every car is monochrome. When did our society become so boring???

2 minutes ago, MFX said:

Porsche should be banned from making ANY of their sports cars in white, grey or black. Walk down any street these days and ever car is monochrome. When did our society become so boring???

Couldn't agree with you more - except keep Black and swap for silver!!

1 hour ago, JLD said:

That 70th anniversary Australia edition is such a scam. Price premium for an Australia flag sticker 😆

If second hand market is making so much money, why not porsche by themselves. everyone needs a share in the COVID pie  !!!😂😂

23 hours ago, on_booost said:

Yes - We (AU) get and sell more GT Cars per capita than any other country.

Didn't know about NZ

PCA has a vested interest in keeping supply just right.... When i spoke at length with a member of the C-Suite of PCA @ Targa - when questioned regarding supply - of GT2RS - the consensus was that they would supply everyone of 132 deposits - minus 1. When the economy was doing it tough - the biggest holder of GT3RS and GT2RS near new AND used was PCA and the 2 dealerships they own......

Dang- you'd be really annoyed if you were the only person who missed out getting one.  Do PCA rely on that one person to let every tyrekicker know how difficult it is to get a RS vehicle?

On 19/11/2021 at 20:33, HWY said:

Dang- you'd be really annoyed if you were the only person who missed out getting one.  Do PCA rely on that one person to let every tyrekicker know how difficult it is to get a RS vehicle?

Nah - the attrition rate is higher than you'd think - but they do eventually find homes.....

I'm just not sure how many ppl are around that are able to drop $850K on a car - especially when there are others out there (think 720S or Perfomante) that are now competing for the same $$$ pool?

Sure has priced enthusiasts out of the market? Inflation? What inflation? 😭