1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Each to their own then, but as carbon is a cost option and the majority have it, then the market has decided it is worth the cost asethically.  I agree that the carbon can get a bit common/boring but plastic is just terrible.  A bit like speccing one without leather.

Agreed . Plastic looks shit house 

18 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Agreed . Plastic looks shit house 

I bought mine sight unseen ex Perth and was searching the net for replacement carbon or similar trim pieces before the car was delivered.  But when it arrived, I decided I quite liked the body colour plastic bits and most who saw it in the flesh agreed.  

Something to be said for not following the herd on spec.  As for weight saving of carbon……..umm, yeah right, leave your water bottle at home if you’re that worried about weight…….🤷‍♂️

4D058B35-CB39-495D-AAF4-E1DFA2157356.png

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I bought mine sight unseen ex Perth and was searching the net for replacement carbon or similar trim pieces before the car was delivered.  But when it arrived, I decided I quite liked the body colour plastic bits and most who saw it in the flesh agreed.  

Something to be said for not following the herd on spec.  As for weight saving of carbon……..umm, yeah right, leave your water bottle at home if you’re that worried about weight…….🤷‍♂️

4D058B35-CB39-495D-AAF4-E1DFA2157356.png

Certainly not the herd spec . Bet they only did that once 

Just now, spiller said:

I love the spec of that Miami car. The carbon can stay or leave, but that colour matched caged, the fact that it’s manual and those wheels look the part. The drug money price is not cool.

Agreed. I usually not a fan of the Miami Blue usually opt for a herd spec colour but the matched cage is the schnizz

Best car weight reduction is cutting back on the cheeseburgers.

Disclaimer: I've got the carbon bits in my GT3, only reason I specified that is they looked the best out of anything that was available. From memory there were 2 different aluminium finishes (one light, the other dark), exterior colour plastic, leather, or the carbon.

5 hours ago, DJM said:

OK next time I’ll get carbon trim and then fit pepita seat inserts so I can be like all the other GT fan boys at cars and coffee 🤦‍♂️

But what deviated stitching will you choose? 

21 hours ago, sleazius said:

Best car weight reduction is cutting back on the cheeseburgers

😂 easier said than done! 

I don't anyone is seriously suggesting that they'd choose non-structural carbon interior trim for weight savings, as it would likely be heavier than equivalently sized thermoplastic. 

Now whether you do or don't like aesthetically, is another matter and to each their own!  

992 GT3 thread is how do you get one and who the hell actually got one 😂

5 minutes ago, spiller said:

991 GT3 thread - “what colour stitching or trim should I get?”

997 GT3 thread - “is the 997 GT3 the greatest Porsche of all time (rhetorical)?”

996 GT3 thread - “how do I change my engine oil?”

6 minutes ago, spiller said:

991 GT3 thread - “what colour trim should I spec?” and "Who the he'll would pay that for a .1 which is the worst GT3 of all time in which every engine will blow"

997 GT3 thread - “is the 997 GT3 the greatest Porsche of all time? (rhetorical)”

EDIT: 992 GT3 thread - “how much over RRP did you pay?”

Fixed the 991 thread for you.

On 19/03/2022 at 11:12, spiller said:

991 GT3 thread - “what colour trim should I spec?”

997 GT3 thread - “is the 997 GT3 the greatest Porsche of all time? (rhetorical)”

EDIT: 992 GT3 thread - “how much over RRP did you pay?”

Best quote yet!

• 1 month later...

Hi All - Was having a think about potentially getting into a GT3 991.2.  Have owned a number of Porsches over the years.  
what are peoples thoughts on the current market - have been watching car sales and most of the 991.2s have been sitting in the mid 300s Over the last few months.   

I am an amateur when it comes to this - do u think the market might taper off during the course of the year and head back into the the early 300s?

8 hours ago, Saints2000 said:

Hi All - Was having a think about potentially getting into a GT3 991.2.  Have owned a number of Porsches over the years.  
what are peoples thoughts on the current market - have been watching car sales and most of the 991.2s have been sitting in the mid 300s Over the last few months.   

I am an amateur when it comes to this - do u think the market might taper off during the course of the year and head back into the the early 300s?

GT3 prices of late seem to going only 1 way,  UP. ;)

12 hours ago, Saints2000 said:

Whilst new car ( 992GT3 ) demand remains solid and supply chains remain constrained prices will hold for these cars.

Having had GT3’s over the last 18 years and watching the buyer profile broaden over that period I’ve never seen so much interest in the model. 
At the moment we do seem to have reached a neutral feel in the 2nd hand market as the year progresses and I have even noticed some price reductions admittedly off some very high highs. Would I predict prices going down to low 3’s in the near term….no I wouldn't. 
The main train of thought that I‘m hearing across the board is the day of the ICE engine is near on done. It feels like manufactures are producing as many special ice NA cars as possible atm, however none are prepared to say that the high revving NA sports cars are having there last hurrah… the under tone is there though.
If we didn’t have Covid and the recent supply chain issues we would be swamped with these special cars and the market would certainly be different however the undertone of “This is the last batch of NA sports cars is building.

My guess is that in the coming years this fact will dominate above all else when covid and the supply chain issues are a thing of the past  you would have to think a few generations of drivers will be lusting after these High revving ICE cars 

Yeah it’s an interesting one.  I think the prices of GT3s today are starting to get to a point of where they are beginning to compete against some go the exotics.  That then becomes a totally different equation.  Especially for someone who has owned a heap of Porsches but never tried one of the other brands.  Part of me is thinking spend, what is now not all that much extra, and get something in that top tier.

Absolutely I too have often wondered however what it came down to for me was I needed to be clear on what experience I was looking for. 
For example in recent times the Huracan SVO (is it a 800k drive away car in AUS) has been pitched against the 992 GT3 with the GT3 winning out. 
What’s your other options Mclaren 540 570 720s Ferrari 458 488  
I think it’s high time that the GT3 at least in its latest format be considered a Supercar even if it’s at an entry level. 
It would be great to hear others opinions i driven a few of the above Mclaren’s and Ferrari’s however my money has stayed with Porsche.  

• 1 month later...