1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspicion is that the owner of that car got Tassie's only 992 RS allocation of the current 24 or 25 cars allocated to Oz so far.....

There are a lot more 992RS that have been allocated in Aus than 24 or 25!!

PCB have a confirmed 8 for 2023 and a Further 8 for 2024 The 2023 cars have been allocated with build Specs locked in. The first cars will start arriving in January 23

At that confirmed rate there will be a minimum 30% more 992RS in Aus than the GT3 (both winged & touring combined)

Gah - the old "I have exactly this amount of money and can get it for you today" - followed by 4-8 more calls over the next 3 days all offering the same amount to the dollar.

Read the ad next time - I clearly state private sale only. Doesn't seem to ever make a difference to the outcome. They still call.

19 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

There are a lot more 992RS that have been allocated in Aus than 24 or 25!!

PCB have a confirmed 8 for 2023 and a Further 8 for 2024 The 2023 cars have been allocated with build Specs locked in. The first cars will start arriving in January 23

At that confirmed rate there will be a minimum 30% more 992RS in Aus than the GT3 (both winged & touring combined)

It'll be way more than 30% more RS. Think double at least. Parra didn't even get 10 GT3s combined the last time I spoke to them.

I did the 911/718 (& Taycan) factory tours at Zuffenhausen earlier this week.  Well worth doing if in the area.  There were quite a few 992 GT3s and 718 GT4s, a few Touring and GT4RS coming down the line.  A lot more than I expected given our local supply constraints.  No 992 RS on the day we were there, sounded like they’re still gearing up for that.  No phones or cameras allowed so no photos I’m afraid.

All the GT cars were in “good” colours.  Plenty of basic 718s in frozen berry 🤮 which the tour guide says is almost a guarantee of a Chinese market car.  4 cyl 718s dominated the line.

7311C952-EC7A-43BC-BF54-F53127F5B973.jpeg

Gents - Thanks heaps for all of your responses.

Had a mate take a really good look at Doug's old GT3, it's at a dealership in Alexandria. (I am in Vic). This one here.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/OAG-AD-21069749?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-21069749

The car is now at almost 9k on the clock and it has been tracked by the last owner, with some obvious paint damage: stone chips on the front bonnet and rear quarters (some went right through the wrap). While I don't necessarily mind the fact that the car had seen some track time, I would want a pristine paintwork for this kind of money. The dealership seem negotiable but I wasn't going to make an offer on this particular example. 

I think 330-350k in this market sounds reasonable and I am a buyer at that level for the right spec car.

Has anyone seen this MY18 before? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/OAG-AD-21073346/

Not as nice spec as Doug's car (no clubsport pack or race buckets) but still looks clean from the far :)

I feel like waiting till prices normalise is the way to go, but we all know how hard it is to wait. Either way, I am planning on keeping this for a while. So an extra 6 months wait is no problems for the right example to come to market at the right price.

If anyone here is thinking of selling, do let me know.

57 minutes ago, vtsyrlin said:

Gents - Thanks heaps for all of your responses.

Had a mate take a really good look at Doug's old GT3, it's at a dealership in Alexandria. (I am in Vic). This one here.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/OAG-AD-21069749?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-21069749

The car is now at almost 9k on the clock and it has been tracked by the last owner, with some obvious paint damage: stone chips on the front bonnet and rear quarters (some went right through the wrap). While I don't necessarily mind the fact that the car had seen some track time, I would want a pristine paintwork for this kind of money. The dealership seem negotiable but I wasn't going to make an offer on this particular example. 

I think 330-350k in this market sounds reasonable and I am a buyer at that level for the right spec car.

Has anyone seen this MY18 before? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/OAG-AD-21073346/

Not as nice spec as Doug's car (no clubsport pack or race buckets) but still looks clean from the far :)

I feel like waiting till prices normalise is the way to go, but we all know how hard it is to wait. Either way, I am planning on keeping this for a while. So an extra 6 months wait is no problems for the right example to come to market at the right price.

If anyone here is thinking of selling, do let me know.

Yep I reckon your price is right but when the right car comes up at that price get on it quick . 

4 hours ago, sleazius said:

It'll be way more than 30% more RS. Think double at least. Parra didn't even get 10 GT3s combined the last time I spoke to them.

The DP at PCB speculated based on 992GT3 delivered in their dealerships that Aus delivers would sit somewhere between 120-140 cars Wing&Touring. The 30% was based on RS allocations locked in and you’re right they are expecting more. 

7 hours ago, WGA said:

Not interested in speaking to any wholesaler/dealer. Have had a few calls from some and I pretty much cut them off before they speak. I intend to sell it privately...or not at all..... as I don't need the cash so I am in no hurry. If I can't get what I think its genuinely worth, I will just put it in the garage and keep it.

Just sold!!  ....and at a price very, very close to my asking number. Already having seller's remorse!

35 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

That was quick, an enquiry today or a long burn buyer?

Congratulations

A chap who had been in touch with me a couple of times over the last 3-4 weeks, finally decided to pull the trigger and make a deposit on the car.

4 minutes ago, WGA said:

A chap who had been in touch with me a couple of times over the last 3-4 weeks, finally decided to pull the trigger and make a deposit on the car.

Great result how are you enjoying your Touring 

12 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

Great result how are you enjoying your Touring 

Touring definitely one of the best Porsches I have owned. It's my favourite car at the moment.  Although, I took my RS out for a small drive late today after having sat in my garage for 2 months....and immediately had buyers remorse....but no turning back now.  Potentially replacing it with a 488.

2 hours ago, WGA said:

Touring definitely one of the best Porsches I have owned. It's my favourite car at the moment.  Although, I took my RS out for a small drive late today after having sat in my garage for 2 months....and immediately had buyers remorse....but no turning back now.  Potentially replacing it with a 488.

Have you had a 458? By all accounts it is the more visceral experience of the two.

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

Have you had a 458? By all accounts it is the more visceral experience of the two.

I am actually not as big a fan of the 458 as most others. For example, I don't think they sound as nice as many swoon over. Besides, you need to rev the crap out of the car to get anything out of it. 

Whereas, I have always liked the 488. From my perspective, they sound glorious and give you more at city speeds vs just the top end.

21 hours ago, WGA said:

Potentially replacing it with a 488.

Nice addition to your stable. I am torn between the 488 and the F8. But since its a sellers market it will depend on what is available and when I decide to pull the trigger. No GT3RS allocation (faint glimmer exists but it requires the person to decide quickly if he wants it or not) thought I would jump over to the Italian stables. 

BTW Saw you driving off from Ollie and Ari's on Monday in the GT3T great looking car in real life. Drive it in good health and speedy recovery.

21 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

Nice addition to your stable. I am torn between the 488 and the F8. But since its a sellers market it will depend on what is available and when I decide to pull the trigger. No GT3RS allocation (faint glimmer exists but it requires the person to decide quickly if he wants it or not) thought I would jump over to the Italian stables. 

BTW Saw you driving off from Ollie and Ari's on Monday in the GT3T great looking car in real life. Drive it in good health and speedy recovery.

Thanks. yes, that was me. I completed my chemo and radio three weeks ago and am now rapidly improving. Indeed, my oncologist said that I am in the top 5%  of  patients with regards to speed of recovery. Still quite a way to go but at least I am now back driving again.

30 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

Honestly who are they selling the bloody things to? Apparently being on a list 4 years isn't good enough for me either. I'm on the fence about a MC20. At least they can tell you how long the wait is and yes or no.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Honestly who are they selling the bloody things to? Apparently being on a list 4 years isn't good enough for me either. I'm on the fence about a MC20. At least they can tell you how long the wait is and yes or no.

I dont know who they are selling to but they certainly know how to play the game of "exclusivity". Unfortunately, I do believe most of the cars are going to end up in the hands of non long term customers. I know of a couple that are playing the prospecting game and one of them has an allocation.  

I love the look of the MC20. Saw both a base configuration plus a top spec. They are chalk and cheese, unless its in black you do mask a fair amount of the differences. My biggest issues with the MC20 is the anchor attached to its depreciation schedule. Never been a great marque to hold values. But correct you can get a car within 10 months of order and they are playing ball on price too. 

Option is to get a new MC20 or 4/5 year old 488. McLaren must be struggling too as they have cars virtually in stock to drive off the lot now but way too many horror stories re reliability and repairs. One out of left field could be, dare I say it a Corvette Z06 with plenty of change left over (sentimental value for the wife too as she was instrumental in getting it into the country).

2 hours ago, WGA said:

Thanks. yes, that was me. I completed my chemo and radio three weeks ago and am now rapidly improving. Indeed, my oncologist said that I am in the top 5%  of  patients with regards to speed of recovery. Still quite a way to go but at least I am now back driving again.

Good to hear the good news, onward and upward!

5 hours ago, ArthurK said:

I love the look of the MC20. Saw both a base configuration plus a top spec. They are chalk and cheese, unless its in black you do mask a fair amount of the differences. My biggest issues with the MC20 is the anchor attached to its depreciation schedule. Never been a great marque to hold values. But correct you can get a car within 10 months of order and they are playing ball on price too. 

Option is to get a new MC20 or 4/5 year old 488. McLaren must be struggling too as they have cars virtually in stock to drive off the lot now but way too many horror stories re reliability and repairs. One out of left field could be, dare I say it a Corvette Z06 with plenty of change left over (sentimental value for the wife too as she was instrumental in getting it into the country).

I think once the average non-car person figures out what they are, they'll probably hold value better than your average Maserati, but you're right, it has the potential of being a money bonfire if the word doesn't get out. A 488 is definitely the safer bet.

Z06 could definitely be fun.

On 28/09/2022 at 21:56, vtsyrlin said:

Gents, 

Could you please comment on this car advertised by Porsche Parammatta.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/OAG-AD-21073346/?Cr=5

Any and all opinions are welcomed!

Personally I think the price is 40-50k to high. 
Depending on what you want to do with the car; it has the wrong seats for me and no cage, but if you want a gt3 for driving in the hills sounds good.
It looks neat and tidy from the photos and relatively low kms. I like the colour, however I would prefer a manual for this type of speced car, it’s like a touring edition with a wing, when it has the wrong seats.

13 hours ago, vtsyrlin said:

much appreciate the feedback @wirthO
Definitely overpriced considering the lack of options. I've called them few days ago and they wouldn't even budge on price.

Will keep on looking and hoping that something comes up within the reasonable price with the right options at or around Xmas time.

Yeah it will definitely be interesting where the market turns over the next 12 months. Especially if there is a GFC style event and the continuation of new car manufacturing issues at the same time.