Re: the 992 - Just all the usual flippers trying to cash in, even though PCA insists that anyone flipping will not get the opportunity again, for some strange reason (its not hard to guess what that might be) they always do.

The advertised prices for most cars on carsales are still stupid, but not everyone is coming from the same financial position so there may be someone willing to plonk close to the ask for that 991 touring. Its a rare car in Australia if not globally. Weird about the seats though.

11 minutes ago, GT3MEZ said:

Yep - I have an associate who collected his new 992 GT3 last Saturday. When I asked him what was the 1st thing he was going to do with the car, his response was literally, "put it on Carsales".

Makes sense . Seven overpriced cars with no buyers might as well make it eight of them.

You wait so long for these things why not just enjoy it. I am going at least keep mine for a couple of months.

25 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Makes sense . Seven overpriced cars with no buyers might as well make it eight of them.

You wait so long for these things why not just enjoy it. I am going at least keep mine for a couple of months.

I agree. I hate how people want to try and make money out of virtually everything. Can't we just enjoy stuff? Apart from enriching the flipper, it doesn't help anybody else at all and is detrimental to the market. In my opinion, at least.

4 hours ago, on_booost said:

I agree $600K is nuts.... but with an RS being the wrong side of $600K - wait till the inevitable flippers start putting $800K on them!!!!! 

Makes a 997.1 GT3/RS seem like good value.....

But…. 992 RS drive away is $552k in nsw not $600k plus - one can add options if you want but it’s good as it too. 

So -33% depreciation on a $450k 992 GT3 takes it to $300k. In a scenario where the 992.2 is released, let’s say as a 4.2L w 540+hp - then, yeah, I do think that could occur price wise. Hence “imagine paying $600k for what’s new a $450k gt3 and taking a $300k tear up “. Just a scenario.

This Bubble could have bite  

96D14099-B87D-4603-AFB1-604F631F677E.thumb.png.b033ad3b9458c35a42ae08fc7755b2e5.png

12 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

But…. 992 RS drive away is $552k in nsw not $600k plus - one can add options if you want but it’s good as it too. 

So -33% depreciation on a $450k 992 GT3 takes it to $300k. In a scenario where the 992.2 is released, let’s say as a 4.2L w 540+hp - then, yeah, I do think that could occur price wise. Hence “imagine paying $600k for what’s new a $450k gt3 and taking a $300k tear up “. Just a scenario.

96D14099-B87D-4603-AFB1-604F631F677E.thumb.png.b033ad3b9458c35a42ae08fc7755b2e5.png

Supply and demand . If I could order one at that price I would . That's the issue the 992 GT3 included 

3 hours ago, GT3MEZ said:

Yep - I have an associate who collected his new 992 GT3 last Saturday. When I asked him what was the 1st thing he was going to do with the car, his response was literally, "put it on Carsales".

"Don't want to get caught holding the GT3 and the RS" 🙃

6 hours ago, Sabotage said:

I agree. I hate how people want to try and make money out of virtually everything. Can't we just enjoy stuff? Apart from enriching the flipper, it doesn't help anybody else at all and is detrimental to the market. In my opinion, at least.

Spot on - an observation of some new GT3 owners has me wondering how these dealerships are actually deciding on who gets a car!! There appears to be number of buyers in there early 30’s new to Porsche and all 🙄 which is fine however it flys in the face of the communication from PorscheAG which is along the lines of “ we want to see these cars in the hands of enthusiasts, drivers and valued customers. 
It would be interesting to see the average age of owners currently flipping the 992 cars 

I’ve seen GT cars go up and down in value over the years even times when nothing would sell for long periods.
The good thing is the Porsche  GT3’s  are some of the best drivers cars period and the 992 is no different. We all know they won’t be making many more of these and that is the elephant in the room here where future values are concerned.

1 hour ago, Joz said:

Ofcourse anyone trading in a Porsche on a new 992 GT3 has also be known to get priority.

But buying one of a flipper at those prices ++ stamp duty again 🤦‍♂️

It would seem it depends on the dealership. I’ve never been asked to trade anything.

2 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Spot on - an observation of some new GT3 owners has me wondering how these dealerships are actually deciding on who gets a car!! There appears to be number of buyers in there early 30’s new to Porsche and all 🙄 which is fine however it flys in the face of the communication from PorscheAG which is along the lines of “ we want to see these cars in the hands of enthusiasts, drivers and valued customers. 
It would be interesting to see the average age of owners currently flipping the 992 cars 

I’ve seen GT cars go up and down in value over the years even times when nothing would sell for long periods.
The good thing is the Porsche  GT3’s  are some of the best drivers cars period 

I’m pretty sure taking the Porsche finance trumps anything else. Might be why I often find myself in the wilderness.

7 hours ago, sleazius said:

It would seem it depends on the dealership. I’ve never been asked to trade anything.

I’m pretty sure taking the Porsche finance trumps anything else. Might be why I often find myself in the wilderness.

Porsche don't do finance do they?  Their business managers are private sub contractors selling their own products.

8 hours ago, sleazius said:

Same I’ve never traded anything 

Re - finance - I’m not sure…. correct that …….I’d be disappointed if this carries any weight in the selection process.  FMD they get full ticket + full Dealer delivery fee 

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Porsche don't do finance do they?  Their business managers are private sub contractors selling their own products.

The dealership finance offering does appear integrated however I've never been down that path to understand further.

6 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

Same I’ve never traded anything 

Re - finance - I’m not sure…. correct that …….I’d be disappointed if this carries any weight in the selection process.  FMD they get full ticket + full Dealer delivery fee 

The dealership finance offering does appear integrated however I've never been down that path to understand further.

Their Finance Business Managers are running their own business within the dealership, so it looks to be in house, but it isn't.  At least that is my experience with a Vic based dealership.

19 hours ago, mc968cs said:

LOL @ $551.

There will be exactly ZERO sold with no options. If you're in for a penny, be in for a pound!

A nice spec'd one (non Weissach) would be close/over $600K easy IMHO.

19 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Supply and demand . If I could order one at that price I would . That's the issue the 992 GT3 included 

x 100 - thats why the prices will stay up. 

A recent conversation with a DP revealed a 5-6x factor allocation vs interest for Porsche sports cars. 

I know of at least one model that the dealers have been instructed to refund orders and remove/cancel any sort of waiting list.

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Their Finance Business Managers are running their own business within the dealership, so it looks to be in house, but it isn't.  At least that is my experience with a Vic based dealership.

Thats my experience as well - My first new Cayenne was through the dealer and it was Alphabet Finance (which was the generic name for BMW finance.....) But i'm sure the stealers would love the trail.....

I see plenty of strangers/1st timers getting allocations. It comes with the "product" becoming more mainstream.... 25 years ago they were owned by fuddy duddies..... ever been to a Porsche Club meeting?

😆😁😆😆😁😁

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

A recent conversation with a DP revealed a 5-6x factor allocation vs interest for Porsche sports cars. 

I know of at least one model that the dealers have been instructed to refund orders and remove/cancel any sort of waiting list.

Unless there is another one it was probably the Spyder/GT4 twins. I tried to order a Spyder earlier in the year and the SM was saying they were going to need to contact people with orders in the system and tell them they weren't getting cars, let alone be able to order one.

First time I've heard of something like that happening. 

4 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Unless there is another one it was probably the Spyder/GT4 twins. I tried to order a Spyder earlier in the year and the SM was saying they were going to need to contact people with orders in the system and tell them they weren't getting cars, let alone be able to order one.

First time I've heard of something like that happening. 

A guy on another forum I frequent has been waiting for a Spyder allocation for over 12 months, he was about to give up and buy a new M2.

On 25/10/2022 at 14:35, cafe_racer said:

I really enjoyed my Lotus purchase process, such a great crew to deal with, also very transparent with great after sales support.  I'll be doing targa high country with them again too.

I will be highly interested to see what you ultimately think of the car. I want one but am intending to wait and get a 4cyl version as I suspect it might be the sweeter car....if you are not married to a manual box that is.

16 minutes ago, WGA said:

I will be highly interested to see what you ultimately think of the car. I want one but am intending to wait and get a 4cyl version as I suspect it might be the sweeter car....if you are not married to a manual box that is.

My next door neighbor is a mechanic at Lotus Melbourne. Let me know if you’d like any real answers on which is best

10 hours ago, on_booost said:

LOL @ $551.

There will be exactly ZERO sold with no options. If you're in for a penny, be in for a pound!

A nice spec'd one (non Weissach) would be close/over $600K easy IMHO.

x 100 - thats why the prices will stay up. 

Thats my experience as well - My first new Cayenne was through the dealer and it was Alphabet Finance (which was the generic name for BMW finance.....) But i'm sure the stealers would love the trail.....

I see plenty of strangers/1st timers getting allocations. It comes with the "product" becoming more mainstream.... 25 years ago they were owned by fuddy duddies..... ever been to a Porsche Club meeting?

😆😁😆😆😁😁

Out with the fuddy duddies and in with the Bitcoin Bros and social media "influencers"!