• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2022 at 12:14, HWY said:

Whereas the opposite side of the price search shows that finally the frothy pricing is going away a little.  This one's been for sale for over a month I think. Or maybe because I keep looking every day at it.....

And yeah, I know it's a 3.8L 991.1 with 2 more years of engine warranty.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/OAG-AD-20783931/?Cr=0

Price just increased from 268k to 284k. Quite the head scratcher. A good way to have prospective buyers instantly lose interest!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 12:09, Gt3rsss said:

How strange. Sounds like a childish game. Does it actually work?

Well it looks like the jury is in. Despite the tree shake, price up, price down and marking as sold, then not sold, the silly games did not work. Frankly I think most serious buyers would be well and truly put off by this behaviour.

35 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

That particular GT3 was originally a members car , Carmine Red well spec,d  ,and was priced well when it sold ,,,, can,nt believe the current owner is moving it on after only less than a years ownership :wacko:

The price has gone up a considerable amount from the sale price a year ago ..

1 hour ago, Raven said:

That particular GT3 was originally a members car , Carmine Red well spec,d  ,and was priced well when it sold ,,,, can,nt believe the current owner is moving it on after only less than a years ownership :wacko:

The price has gone up a considerable amount from the sale price a year ago ..

Yes I remember. 

Hi Guys, I am in the market after a long hiatus. Seeing 991.2 GT3's listing for close to 400k is a tough pill to swallow. 

What would be a realistic price for this GT3?

Does anyone have a first hand experience as to what are these actually transacting at?

Shall I wait 2-3 months to see where the market is heading? I can only assume that with all the interest rates rises and negative press around recession, prices should be heading back to "normality"

I heard the highest offer on a similar car recently was $337 and it’s sold. 
very hard to know right offer right now…

.I’m also interested to buy but given I have multiple mates who got these around 310 and prices are coming back down, I’m not in any rush.  

1 hour ago, Raven said:

The $350 K mark is a good honest price for well spec,d car currently :Beer:

$490 K for a 991,2 RS is around the mark , have seen low mileage WP asking $550 K , but are they really getting that money doubt it ...??

I agree. I have had my red RS for sale at $485K for a few months now and, IMHO, its the best one on the market at the moment (as new 2019 with a low 7400kms). I have had a few offers around 440K mark (which I have declined)....but I have also had more than 10 offers from tyres kickers offering very low $400K. So I think asking $550K is a pipe dream based on the response I have had.

38 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I wonder what price Hobart got for their yellow .2 RS, that was about the best spec I had seen, but $550k asking driveaway!

It didn't last long either, maybe a month or so.

Did you mean this one?

I thought it was gone too, but just realised now that Carsales have adjusted their “Series” category so “991 II” is separate from “991” , which lost it from my saved search …

7 minutes ago, JWM said:

Did you mean this one?

I thought it was gone too, but just realised now that Carsales have adjusted their “Series” category so “991 II” is separate from “991” , which lost it from my saved search …

Yes and that would be why my default saved search has excluded .2s.

Brilliant looking car/spec, and I am not normally a yellow man.

1 hour ago, WGA said:

I agree. I have had my red RS for sale at $485K for a few months now and, IMHO, its the best one on the market at the moment (as new 2019 with a low 7400kms). I have had a few offers around 440K mark (which I have declined)....but I have also had more than 10 offers from tyres kickers offering very low $400K. So I think asking $550K is a pipe dream based on the response I have had.

I think your is the best on the market at moment and priced pretty accurately :Beer:

The yellow WP is overpriced doubt they will get that asking price .

1 hour ago, WGA said:

Has a dealer offered you a price?  Be very careful with this, I asked an official dealer on my .1 and I would be really hesitant to do it again as the car became known in the wholesale market very quickly and that fixed the price across all the wholesalers, couple with the fact that the dealers see how long it has been on carsale and how many price changes it has had.  This is how it gets a bad reputation without anyone coming to even look at it.  Mine like yours wanted for nothing.

If you do it cancel your ad and relist it just before you ask.

10 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Has a dealer offered you a price?  Be very careful with this, I asked an official dealer on my .1 and I would be really hesitant to do it again as the car became known in the wholesale market very quickly and that fixed the price across all the wholesalers, couple with the fact that the dealers see how long it has been on carsale and how many price changes it has had.  This is how it gets a bad reputation without anyone coming to even look at it.  Mine like yours wanted for nothing.

If you do it cancel your ad and relist it just before you ask.

Not interested in speaking to any wholesaler/dealer. Have had a few calls from some and I pretty much cut them off before they speak. I intend to sell it privately...or not at all..... as I don't need the cash so I am in no hurry. If I can't get what I think its genuinely worth, I will just put it in the garage and keep it.

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I wonder what price Hobart got for their yellow .2 RS, that was about the best spec I had seen, but $550k asking driveaway!

It didn't last long either, maybe a month or so.

Suspicion is that the owner of that car got Tassie's only 992 RS allocation of the current 24 or 25 cars allocated to Oz so far.....

8 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspicion is that the owner of that car got Tassie's only 992 RS allocation of the current 24 or 25 cars allocated to Oz so far.....

So it was a trade and not an outright buy by PA?  The former makes sense as I couldn't see the buying it for stock and don't recall seeing it advertised elsewhere before they got it.

Top dollar, but really nice.