2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Thinking about joining the party mate?

Not at the current asking prices! Whilst I’m not sure you’ll ever see pre-Covid prices, a number that would get me to jump on a vanilla 991.1 GT3 is low $200’s … perhaps mid for the right one, I’d say the same for .1 RS starting with a 3 … 

I just don’t see the current asks being of value to me, I’d sooner buy a nice 996.1 GT3 if the market delta stayed relative 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

This one is nice 

www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/SSE-AD-14467776/?Cr=17

Agree, Agate is a very good shade for the 991 

30 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

The 997.1RS has dropped $60k since listing. Admittedly the original asking was sky high. 

I’d say he’s in striking distance now of a fair price, only question is whether there’s a buyer out there at the moment. 

I reckon a 991.1 gt3 should be down below pre covid prices. Back then their engine warranties had 5ish years left. Now there is 2ish years left on them. not sure I’d want to buy a 991.1 gt3 with the intent on tracking it with no engine warranty. 

40 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I reckon a 991.1 gt3 should be down below pre covid prices. Back then their engine warranties had 5ish years left. Now there is 2ish years left on them. not sure I’d want to buy a 991.1 gt3 with the intent on tracking it with no engine warranty. 

I’ve been thinking that for years but doesn’t seem to impact prices 🤷‍♂️. are there buyers out there who haven’t done their research….?

2 hours ago, DJM said:

are there buyers out there who haven’t done their research….?

Always. Lots of people especIally at the higher end like the ‘image’ that a certain car gives them. They simply find the one that suits what they’re going for and pull the wallet out when the price is right.

On 13/02/2023 at 14:45, edgy said:

Whilst I am sure the km's are priced in, @ $330k this Porsche approved Rhodium silver 991.2 Clubsport seems to be the value pick of all 991 Gin & Tonics at the moment! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-ii-auto-my18/OAG-AD-21573209/?Cr=5 

PS - Rhodium looks great IMO 

Guess someone thought it was compelling enough to part with their $$$ as it’s now sold! 

Assuming some discounting but no fire sale, any 991.1 with an asking that begins with a 3 is surely a laugh! 

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

I just don't think we will see pre-covid pricing on special stuff. Anything GT and rare (Spyder, CaymanR, 993TT etc)

Run of the mill stuff that came up with the tide and was speculated upon is another thing.....

Too early to say at this point. We aren't at the tipping point yet, and we may not even get there depending on how things go.

I'm still kicking myself about the cars I didn't buy during the GFC. 12 month old 458s for mid $200k when they were $550+ new. That was a fire sale, and we've currently not seen anything like that (and probably won't).

On 14/02/2023 at 20:27, sleazius said:

Too early to say at this point. We aren't at the tipping point yet, and we may not even get there depending on how things go.

Related but not related....

Overnight I received 3 x notifications of price drops. Ok - old Mazda sh!ttters but still....

RX3 4 door was $170 - Now $140K

808 Wagon was $150 - Now $99K

808 4 Door was $120 - Now $99K

808 Coupe was $185 - Now $140K

They still have a ways to go - but thats some big movements one would agree?

Still CRAZZZZY $$$ but indicative of the turn of the tide?

18 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Related but not related....

Overnight I received 3 x notifications of price drops. Ok - old Mazda sh!ttters but still....

RX3 4 door was $170 - Now $140K

808 Wagon was $150 - Now $99K

808 4 Door was $120 - Now $99K

They still have a ways to go - but thats some big movements one would agree?

Still CRAZZZZY $$$ but indicative of the turn of the tide?

I keep tabs on a bunch of JDM stuff, the people who are trying to sell have been consistently dropping their price for 6-9 months or so. You still have plenty of "yes I'll sell it love" style ads though.

I do think that Porsche is probably the most resistant to price drops out of any of the Euro marques simply because most of the owners are enthusiasts, and older in general.

Just now, LeeM said:

Those Jap car prices are taking the piss 😂😂😂

Same for BMW M cars, especially E46 M3’s (guess who’s on the lookout for one). High km shitters have been 50k+, now the last 2 on collecting cars ( for example) have failed to sell. Both reached a number I would say is more than they’re worth, but clearly the seller still has 2022 expectations 

30 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Those Jap car prices are taking the piss 😂😂😂

Yes those cars in particular are x 100. But still worth huge $$ just like a GT/HDT.

A real RX3 4 door done correctly (paint + interior + drivetrain + suspension + brakes etc is well over $100K to build.... after you've bought a shell....)

Pac Spec means you add $100K and a sticker to tell everyone you only deal in cash (nudge nudge wink wink) 

:Chuckle2:

My new hobby is opening the Collecting Cars listing page in a tab at 4pm and coming back in the evening to see what sold and didn’t and what the highest bid was (it doesn’t show you on a unsold listing but if you keep this tab open it will).

Then I open Carsales and compare how many tens of thousands more is being asked for something similar that just sold on CC. There used to be no difference, now it’s huge.

Last night there was a very nice Blue RS4 Avant that had been on Carsales for $68k (after dropping from way higher), delisted and sold yesterday on CC for $47k. The other week a V5 STi sold for $75k where as all the Carsales listings are still around $100k… Just now watched a manual Mach 1 Mustang sell for $85k ... Carsales listings start at $95k (with a lot more km) and go to $130k.

Interesting times. 

2 hours ago, JWM said:

My new hobby is opening the Collecting Cars listing page in a tab at 4pm and coming back in the evening to see what sold and didn’t and what the highest bid was (it doesn’t show you on a unsold listing but if you keep this tab open it will).

Then I open Carsales and compare how many tens of thousands more is being asked for something similar that just sold on CC. There used to be no difference, now it’s huge.

Last night there was a very nice Blue RS4 Avant that had been on Carsales for $68k (after dropping from way higher), delisted and sold yesterday on CC for $47k. The other week a V5 STi sold for $75k where as all the Carsales listings are still around $100k… Just now watched a manual Mach 1 Mustang sell for $85k ... Carsales listings start at $95k (with a lot more km) and go to $130k.

Interesting times. 

My source tells me that it has become the norm.... People are asking DAYS before the end of the auctions to remove the reserve - they just want "the bloody thing sold"

The reserve was rarely removed - and if it did - was in the last few hours of the auction - now its happening DAYS before its due to end......

Interesting times.

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-GT-RS-MY~228987  

Less km on this one from memory the other car had a lot more . Could be wrong 

I’m pretty sure that’s the car a good friend of mine bought for ….wait for it….$195k a few years ago…..

he’s not current owner though. 

20 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I’m pretty sure that’s the car a good friend of mine bought for ….wait for it….$195k a few years ago…..

he’s not current owner though. 

Yeah, I squabbled at 205k. on a Orange on Black because I wanted Black on Orange. Good times.

6 hours ago, JWM said:

Interesting times. 

That and the cars that keep being listed over and over on collecting cars without the owner taking the hint.

On 16/02/2023 at 15:11, JWM said:

Interesting times. 

I’m not the only one doing that then, feel better now 🤣

I watched the blue RS4 as well, had a good look round it at the Highball Bosch C&C a few months back when it was $70k. Must’ve hurt to sell it at $47k, but I did notice the reserve came off a few days before the end. Didn’t get a bid for the last 2 days.