On 16/02/2023 at 11:44, on_booost said:

Related but not related....

Overnight I received 3 x notifications of price drops. Ok - old Mazda sh!ttters but still....

RX3 4 door was $170 - Now $140K

808 Wagon was $150 - Now $99K

808 4 Door was $120 - Now $99K

808 Coupe was $185 - Now $140K

They still have a ways to go - but thats some big movements one would agree?

Still CRAZZZZY $$$ but indicative of the turn of the tide?

Discretionary spending is down => kebab shops are doing it tough => rotary has to be sold bruh

On 18/02/2023 at 14:48, DJM said:

Discretionary spending is down => kebab shops are doing it tough => rotary has to be sold bruh

Why are you doing me like this? And I thought we were friends !!

:Chuckle2: ok so maybe its a bit true.....

7 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Might be the best GT3 for sale in Australia but a tough sell I reckon .

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-14543994/?Cr=32

Know both the car and the owner. It was an open cheque book build. Epic.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Not knowing how this all works … how does it end up in this state, being auctioned off but not on the wovr? Does that mean it was binned on a track and the owner is auctioning it without going to insurance or something?

8 hours ago, JWM said:

Not knowing how this all works … how does it end up in this state, being auctioned off but not on the wovr? Does that mean it was binned on a track and the owner is auctioning it without going to insurance or something?

Yes that would be my guess, insurance isn't involved.

Just dropping the vin here fit future reference, WP0ZZZ99ZGS188295

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

Looks bent. Whatever the cost is of a crate engine - 30%. Anything more than that and you're in dangerous territory imo.

Out of curiosity, how does the cost of a crate engine factor into your calculations?

5 hours ago, Sepand said:

Out of curiosity, how does the cost of a crate engine factor into your calculations?

The only real value (to most) in a bent Porsche would be the engine and whatever parts you can strip and salvage. GT3 engines pre-covid were about $90k new. I've go no idea what they are now but I assume higher.

If it can be repaired and isn't bent then obviously it is worth more.

I never said it wouldn't go for more than $100k, just that it isn't worth it (to me) from a financial/risk perspective based on the above. If it is bent someone will fix it up and try to stitch someone up with it, tale as old as time.

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Still too dear for a .1 though IMHO.

I am surprised by the current bids. No reserve and higher price than expected doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, hugh said:

I am surprised by the current bids. No reserve and higher price than expected doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. :ph34r:

It is a two speed market.  The sub $300k is really starting to slow, especially as the value drops.  At the top end the demand is still strong.  Those that had money made a lot more of it during covid and this is fuelling that top end still, but those that didn't and had to borrow have stopped or greatly reduced in doing so dragging that end down.

Not sure how long it will take for the top end to be pulled down.