15 hours ago, sleazius said:

Based on the UK numbers I wouldn't be surprised if it is sub 30 cars. I remember at the time I took delivery of the 991.2, PCP were only expecting to be given 3 allocations in total for the touring.

Didn't there used to be contributors on this forum who were able to get exact delivery numbers out of Porsche Australia - particularly for GT cars? Somebody with the connections get us an accurate number pretty please! 

1 minute ago, GusTV said:

Didn't there used to be contributors on this forum who were able to get exact delivery numbers out of Porsche Australia - particularly for GT cars? Somebody with the connections get us an accurate number pretty please! 

Generally not as PCA hold this info tight to their chest to try and stop flippers and profiteering.

23 minutes ago, GusTV said:

I just use to call and ask PCA - 6-7 years back they would come back to you with whatever they had, now not so much.

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Generally not as PCA hold this info tight to their chest to try and stop flippers and profiteering.

I think that is exactly why PCA don’t share it as it creates the uncertainty which then creates all the speculation - high 2 hand values are good for business 

1 hour ago, GusTV said:

Some world no's

https://www.porscheknowledge.com/gt3-production-build-numbers/

7 hours ago, sleazius said:

I just use to call and ask PCA - 6-7 years back they would come back to you with whatever they had, now not so much.

I use to call PCSS and get a service booking in about 2 weeks notice, it had been a while and so I reached out today, it’s 2 months time first available 😂

definitely things have changed in the last 5 years 

I just trolled rennlist - there are a number of users who have access to the North American build sheets and compile the data from them. The following is for 991.2 cars.

US cars: 3187 in total, 714 touring or 22.4% 

Canada: 393 in total, 34 touring or 8.6%

Third data point is the UK with 47 tourings.

Both the UK and Canada have larger populations than here (2.5x and 1.5x respectively).

Europe received no 2019 tourings as production had to stop in 2018 due to emissions laws. In fact the production window for them was supposedly only 6 months, between March and August. 

Maximum total number of tourings that could have been built is 2500 globally due to production windows. Best estimate seems to be 1600 to 1700 cars total. Some European sources say 1200 to 1300 cars globally. Making it possibly rarer than the Speedster (and the ST for that matter).

Doesn’t get us closer to a definitive answer for Australia, but does show it is a limited numbers variant globally.

8 hours ago, sleazius said:

I just trolled rennlist - there are a number of users who have access to the North American build sheets and compile the data from them. The following is for 991.2 cars.

US cars: 3187 in total, 714 touring or 22.4% 

Canada: 393 in total, 34 touring or 8.6%

Third data point is the UK with 47 tourings.

Both the UK and Canada have larger populations than here (2.5x and 1.5x respectively).

Europe received no 2019 tourings as production had to stop in 2018 due to emissions laws. In fact the production window for them was supposedly only 6 months, between March and August. 

Maximum total number of tourings that could have been built is 2500 globally due to production windows. Best estimate seems to be 1600 to 1700 cars total. Some European sources say 1200 to 1300 cars globally. Making it possibly rarer than the Speedster (and the ST for that matter).

Doesn’t get us closer to a definitive answer for Australia, but does show it is a limited numbers variant globally.

this is great research - thanks Sleazuis!

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It is sad to think 14,000km is getting up there.  The GT market is so sensitive to kilometres.

I always assumed it was because if the car happens to be largely pounding the track, @20k it'll want a refresh. Given there are ways these days to hide the track wear you get on the body with PPF, and newer cars often don't get a ppi for various reasons, people end up being conservative with their offers.

"High km" street driven cars generally don't need to amount of clean up work of track cars.  I think it is just the fact that so many of them come on the market with very low kms, so anything with a moderate amount of use has to compete at a lower price point as nearly every used car buyer wants what is akin to a new car.

Even though that car is the cheapest on the market at the moment, whoever buys the car (at that price) would end up paying $38K in taxes making the car pretty much exactly the same at its new drive away price.