19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I keep watching all these values crashing videos out of the UK and the US - what I wouldn't give for the same thing to happen here....

Give it time, even in our market there are too many for sale for long periods of time. Drove past a local Porsche dealership yesterday and the forecourt had no space for additional stock, polar opposite to 12-18 months ago.

Friend in the U.K. picked up a brand new gentian blue 992 Turbo S 2 weeks ago, got over £30k off list. Under £150k, said the negotiating was the easiest he’d ever done.

Two main reasons I think our market is slower to react:

1) People buying these cars aren't short a dollar and can hold onto them a while in the hope things turn.

2) Many of these flippers don't necessarily know or understand the market and assume any day you get a GT allocation is pay day... Shows by the number of numpties with GT3s that started on CS at $650k and are still there at $525k, 18 months later 😂😂

The reality is that these cars won't move until the market perceives value when there are so many available.... At overs on a 2 year old car where there is plentiful supply, for me there is no value... 

I am watching the 991 turbo market and prices are starting to slide, I am now getting more frequent price drop notifications across a number of cars.  For example the silver 991 turbo at Porsche Perth has had two $10k drops in the last three weeks.  I just got a $10k drop on the white one at Classic Throttle Shop and in the last couple of weeks cars are being listed sub $300k, I haven't seen that since 2019.

I wonder how long before the GT market starts to follow?

Don't know but the late model fezza market just started the same thing 2 weeks back. Lots of 10k drops and then yesterday a car I've been watching for 4 months dropped 30k, and today a 296GTB dropped 60k.

I'm guessing dealers aren't selling much and there is only so long they can hold out before they need to shift inventory.

On 02/02/2024 at 18:35, sleazius said:

Don't know but the late model fezza market just started the same thing 2 weeks back. Lots of 10k drops and then yesterday a car I've been watching for 4 months dropped 30k, and today a 296GTB dropped 60k.

I'm guessing dealers aren't selling much and there is only so long they can hold out before they need to shift inventory.

458s are sliding as well, I wonder what the low point will be. Does anyone recall what they were going for pre covid?

4 minutes ago, drmurugti said:

458s are sliding as well, I wonder what the low point will be. Does anyone recall what they were going for pre covid?

300ish. There was a nice blue one in my suburb with very high mileage (I want to say about 68k) in around 2017 which sold in the $220-230k range.

48 minutes ago, sleazius said:

300ish. There was a nice blue one in my suburb with very high mileage (I want to say about 68k) in around 2017 which sold in the $220-230k range.

I wonder if it would be down to 300k this time. I am seeing 40k kms 458 asking 380k. I think they would be a good car to have instead of the GT3.

18 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

One that’s caught my eye in terms of slide in price and  value up is the AMG GTR. Now plenty sub $300k. A lot of car that.  

They were pushing 200k pre covid - I almost bought one.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathfield/cars-vans-utes/2018-mercedes-benz-amg-gt-c190-808-058my-r-speedshift-dct-blue-7-speed-sports-automatic-dual-clutch/1315267614

I have had my eyes on this but somehow I am a bit wary of a merc now...I had an A class recently and although the cheap amgs were fast and fun, I was really concerned about their build quality. Having said that, it did 30k kms in a year as my DD.

18 hours ago, on_booost said:

AMG GTR?

$200K?

2019? I.e around 1 year old?

Cmon  now.... we know how pissed you are with not being able to get an allocation but give it up !

I almost bought a house in Coogee for $25K once too....:Chuckle2:

It was that weird green colour, and yes it did happen. It wasn't in 2019, it was at the start of lockdowns when things initially tanked. Can't remember the exact price but was sub 250k at any rate.

I've got a GTS and I remember because they fell off a cliff at the same time.

11 hours ago, hugh said:

There is a lot of BS on this forum but AMG talk is where I need to draw the line. 

It’s worse than Tesla talk, 

Sorry @hugh - can't help myself 🤣

5 hours ago, drmurugti said:

an AMG is not that bad...ok maybe it is. but those v8s do sound good.

I’ve never liked them. I remember the first time I heard a C63 … I was walking down the footpath and it was behind me, I turned around expecting to see a clapped out Kingswood 😂