3 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I daily drove my .1 GT3 and did 20k PA.  The gearbox ruined it for me, it just wasn't nice around town and I found it a bit boring on back roads.  So for me a manual is a must next time around if there is an option.

I don't do track work though.

Manual is definitely the better box for the back roads! So much more fun. The only thing I disliked about my 997.2 was the heavy clutch, in heavy, stop-start traffic 😕

PDK for track times

Manual for engagement

There is no right or wrong and one of each would be sensational 😊

Clutch feel - 997 to 991&992 is worlds apart, 997 was hard work where as the 991/992 is not!!  being so much lighter in feel combined with a much better shift feel.

With the manual in the 991.2/992  I think it is one of the only cars you can buy these days where you can turn everything off and have the pure analog driving experience all hooked up to that mechanical differential. 
Also one of the commonly overlooked features of the GT3 6 speed manual 991.2/992  is that it has evolved giving you the ability to take advantage of current technology if you want-  You have the ability to flat shift as you grab gears and auto blip on the way up and down shifts is incredibly good and addictive bringing out different sounds from the exhaust . I was personally blown away with how well this works.

1 minute ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I think it was up for a couple of weeks at least.

Agree. 

3 hours ago, drmurugti said:

I am just waiting to see what 2024 brings with prices for the 991.1 given the magic ten year mark.  I am happy either way but with any purchaser, prefer it to be lower and would love to get a 991.1 with the CS seats and would paint/wrap it.

It’s an expensive risk assessment that needs to factor in if the engine has had a replacement or an additional extended warranty applied. Even at mid 2’s, if it goes bang you’ll be up for a considerable engine bill if not covered. 

Unfortunately I’ve seen it happen more than once and in each instance it’s been a .1 RS. I love them but it’s made me very cautious about owning one. 

4 hours ago, drmurugti said:

I am just waiting to see what 2024 brings with prices for the 991.1 given the magic ten year mark.  I am happy either way but with any purchaser, prefer it to be lower and would love to get a 991.1 with the CS seats and would paint/wrap it.

Unless it’s got the G6 engine or at least 3 years of extended warranty with an earlier engine variant, too much risk in my view given a replacement engine would cost $100+ K in the worst case if the engine does let go. 

1 hour ago, PAWGT3 said:

Unless it’s got the G6 engine or at least 3 years of extended warranty with an earlier engine variant, too much risk in my view given a replacement engine would cost $100+ K in the worst case if the engine does let go. 

If you can source one. Most of the way through the pandemic you couldn't get one. Not sure if that situation has changed though.

9 hours ago, drmurugti said:

Definitely a car to avoid in my books once there is no warranty for the reasons given by Hugh. Too much to spend for a car that can pop and no owner will sell them at the kind of money that justifies taking the risk. They will be the modern day equivalent of the 996 with IMS issues... 991.2 or 997.2 are better options depending on what you're after... 

On 13/12/2023 at 16:01, 911rox said:

Definitely a car to avoid in my books once there is no warranty for the reasons given by Hugh. Too much to spend for a car that can pop and no owner will sell them at the kind of money that justifies taking the risk. They will be the modern day equivalent of the 996 with IMS issues... 991.2 or 997.2 are better options depending on what you're after... 

Ah ok, I may have to give up my dream...I have always wanted to get one under 180k, and wrapping it in rubystone red HA.

P.S: Chris I should have not been travelling that week! 

9 hours ago, drmurugti said:

Ah ok, I may have to give up my dream...I have always wanted to get one under 180k, and wrapping it in rubystone red HA.

P.S: Chris I should have not been travelling that week! 

It was a frantic 48 hours, I wish we had spoken sooner that week drmurugti.

Don't give up on your dream though! If you ever need me to eyeball a vehicle for you in melbs, let me know 👍

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

Agreed . 6 months ago would have been at least $50K more expensive regardless 

That's right.  We are also seeing .1 RS slipping in to the 330-340k band more regularly too.

I am also watching the 991 turbo market and whilst they are coming down they are still a good $60k above pre-covd pricing.

I really don't think now is the time to buy in general in this sector of the market.

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

For a car with that level of kms, the price is still way too high. It is essentially the list price of the car back in 2018. In normal times, it would be be well under 300k by now.

9 minutes ago, WGA said:

For a car with that level of kms, the price is still way too high. It is essentially the list price of the car back in 2018. In normal times, it would be be well under 300k by now.

You are right, but that was then and this is now, so in relative contemporary terms the asking price would be the current retail albeit cheaper than the median of the market which is the point.

I wonder what he'd be offered at wholesale, $280k?

It looks like the front bumper has been repainted as it is a slightly darker shade and the dead give away is that the air inlet grills have been rock blasted.  A rookie mistake note to replace or at least repaint them.

20 minutes ago, WGA said:

The problem with GT3 s and their perception. Actually low km but for a GT3 high km . It’s like GT3s live in dog years 

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

That's right.  We are also seeing .1 RS slipping in to the 330-340k band more regularly too.

I am also watching the 991 turbo market and whilst they are coming down they are still a good $60k above pre-covd pricing.

I really don't think now is the time to buy in general in this sector of the market.

Agreed again.  Still  priced too high but pleasant to see sellers lowering their expectations 

6 minutes ago, wilson59 said:
7 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

The problem with GT3 s and their perception. Actually low km but for a GT3 high km . It’s like GT3s live in dog years 

With regards to car enthusiasts people generally value the wrong things until they get older it seems.

I bumped into a local yesterday in his 70’s a real car buff with some nice cars and the conversation of kms and values came up - my take away was this quote:-

“ Can’t believe I didn’t drive them more when they gave me the most enjoyment”  I valued the tribe over my personal enjoyment”  

2 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

With regards to car enthusiasts people generally value the wrong things until they get older it seems.

I bumped into a local yesterday in his 70’s a real car buff with some nice cars and the conversation of kms and values came up - my take away was this quote:-

“ Can’t believe I didn’t drive them more when they gave me the most enjoyment”  I valued the tribe over my personal enjoyment”  

Well said . That’s the issue I see with people quoting “high km “ when they actually really are moderate.

Owners live in fear of actually using their cars .