4 hours ago, DJM said:

Went for a spin in the GT3 today, first drive for probably 6 weeks and, well, decided it's not for me.  Too fast for the road, too good for the track. 

Well bugger me...never thought I'd see the day someone admitted that on here! 👏👏👏

8 hours ago, DJM said:

Fuck that dance, just buy a lightly used one and avoid the arse kissing.

And if history tells us anything, pay over retail for a compromised spec.

6 hours ago, MarcoSpeed said:

Any info on this dealership? Or better go private no Porsche Approved ones? Thank you

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-19769213?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-19769213

No idea sorry, but if it isn't being sold on consignment warranty will be an issue.

I love that car too btw, near the perfect spec for a .1 RS.

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

And if history tells us anything, pay over retail for a compromised spec.

No idea sorry, but if it isn't being sold on consignment warranty will be an issue.

I love that car too btw, near the perfect spec for a .1 RS.

I paid  $100K under so did Doug for a car that was a year and half old .Spec was very nice thanks . 

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Fuck that dance, just buy a lightly used one and avoid the arse kissing.

Agreed Doug goes against my grain . 

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I paid  $100K under so did Doug for a car that was a year and half old .Spec was very nice thanks . 

Agreed Doug goes against my grain . 

You bought yours pre-pandemic price rise when Duttons couldn't shift their purple RS for $319 and the Miami blue car for $315 and Doug bought his at the wholesale price at the time through word of mouth and look at its current price.  Not everyone gets that opportunity. 

Plus when you buy used you get someone's spec, which is never your own, thus always compromised in same way.  When I bought my Cayman GTS new it had $50k in options, do you think you'd find that car regularly on the market?  As a SA boy, Tony's blue touring would be the best looking version of that model out there and highly desirable, but it is the only one like it, when you compare it to the silver one currently on the market how does that stack up with its original cost?

12 hours ago, DJM said:

Went for a spin in the GT3 today, first drive for probably 6 weeks and, well, decided it's not for me.  Too fast for the road, too good for the track. 

I sold my GT2 RS for the same reason. OK, I did sell a few other things and took an option fee on one of the kids for the GT2 RSCS but it’s sort of along the same lines ... sort of ... it is right? ... 😂

Doug, help me out, I think people are laughing at me.  Or calling me a w@nker.  Or both ...

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

I sold my GT2 RS for the same reason. OK, I did sell a few other things and took an option fee on one of the kids for the GT2 RSCS but it’s sort of along the same lines ... sort of ... it is right? ... 😂

Doug, help me out, I think people are laughing at me.  Or calling me a w@nker.  Or both ...

Frying pan into fire comes to mind 

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

You bought yours pre-pandemic price rise when Duttons couldn't shift their purple RS for $319 and the Miami blue car for $315 and Doug bought his at the wholesale price at the time through word of mouth and look at its current price.  Not everyone gets that opportunity. 

Plus when you buy used you get someone's spec, which is never your own, thus always compromised in same way.  When I bought my Cayman GTS new it had $50k in options, do you think you'd find that car regularly on the market?  As a SA boy, Tony's blue touring would be the best looking version of that model out there and highly desirable, but it is the only one like it, when you compare it to the silver one currently on the market how does that stack up with its original cost?

The blue touring is incredible. Silver car needs to sell first for asking price I guess . 

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Tony's blue touring would be the best looking version of that model out there and highly desirable, but it is the only one like it,

I'd love to see some photos of this car if that was possible what is the spec on the car?

16 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I'd love to see some photos of this car if that was possible what is the spec on the car?

It might be up for sale soon as he has ordered a new 992 touring.  I've not seen it in real life, but a stunning spec.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2018/SSE-AD-6584161

The Carsales link still works on my phone surprisingly.

- PTS Midnight Blue

- PCCB (carbon ceramic brakes)

- BOSE Surround Sound System

- Sports Bucket Seats

- Black leather interior (with silver contrast stitching)

- Extended leather package - steering column/dashboard/door trim etc...

- Reversing camera

- Sports chrono package

- Sun visors in alcantara

- LED headlights with PDLS

- Wheels painted in satin aluminium

- Alcantara steering wheel (original leather wheel included)

3iyp24y9qgawpvgq6yllc0qnz.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Just came up in my Car Sales feed @DJM .  Looks good.  I don't think it will be long before you get a call and an offer, if that has not already happened.

You should buy it Phil 😉

3 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It might be up for sale soon as he has ordered a new 992 touring.  I've not seen it in real life, but a stunning spec.

The carsale link still works on my phone surprisingly.

- PTS Midnight Blue

- Sports Bucket Seats

- Reversing camera

- Sports chrono package

Geez thats nice thats my dream spec, love the dark blue metallic thanks for the photo. I think I remember a car similar to this for sale a long time ago did he toy with the idea of selling or? I just noticed the car sales on the photo drrr

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Makes complete sense to me, buy a race car to go racing rather than ruin a good road car that's a liability to use properly on road!  That's the logic that applies to my predicament - i had planned to sell the Mazda and use the GT3 as dual purpose.  But driving both cars back to back recently at Winton, it was clear that I prefer the Mazda - it's considerably faster, cheaper and more fun to flog with zero f*&ks given.  

gt351.jpg

56 minutes ago, DJM said:

But driving both cars back to back recently at Winton, it was clear that I prefer the Mazda - it's considerably faster, cheaper and more fun to flog with zero f*&ks given.  

Doug come on you only live once leave the old shitters FFS, and spank the GT3 get a sharkwerks rear muffler delete DSC controller to look after suspension $5k later you have a completely different car thats quiet and compliant enough for the road and then on the track flick the exhaust valves open and the DSC control unit track map will do its thing. 

Most decent modern cars aren't that cheap and as a daily driver are way too fast for road use as well.... any further objections? 😉

6 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

The Carsales link still works on my phone surprisingly.

- PTS Midnight Blue

- Sports Bucket Seats

- Reversing camera

- Sports chrono package

I saw it when it first got here to SA it’s stunning. Owner had an RS as well 

10 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Plus when you buy used you get someone's spec, which is never your own, thus always compromised in same way. 

I had this problem when I was looking for a 997.2 GT3.

Said I'd never buy a new one but in the end it was the only way to get what I wanted.

I just feel I need to restore the balance with a brightly coloured, juvenile wings, gills, cage and all GT3 RS;

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my19/SSE-AD-7211984/?Cr=15

The thread is getting filled with too many grandpa spec. GT3's. You might as well just give in and buy a white Camry and call it a day.................................:D 

10 hours ago, hugh said:

I just feel I need to restore the balance with a brightly coloured, juvenile wings, gills, cage and all GT3 RS;

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my19/SSE-AD-7211984/?Cr=15

The thread is getting filled with too many grandpa spec. GT3's. You might as well just give in and buy a white Camry and call it a day.................................:D 

There’s colour…….and then there’s abomination.  The seat inserts tipped me over the edge.  And yellow calipers against green 👎🏻

1 hour ago, DJM said:

There’s colour…….and then there’s abomination.  The seat inserts tipped me over the edge.  And yellow calipers against green 👎🏻

Fortunately the seat inserts are easy enough to swap out, you could go all Aussie spec and throw in some tartan seeing as it’s already sporting the green and gold - come to think of it that’s what Porsche should have done! 

“The new limited edition meth spec. The RS MS will be limited to 50 units and come complete with its own meth badge and a crack pipe.”

On 21/06/2021 at 09:08, hugh said:

Love the colour, and agree that tartan seat inserts would work better. I just don't get why people go with a matt finish and make their high end car look like it was painted by a teenager in the back shed.