Acquired today ... One of the rarest 911's

Dreamr

I picked up this beauty today ....

Porsche 911 Junior

One of 224 made for the worldwide market in the mid 80's.

Original cost .... US$4500

Highly sought after as very few survive.

It has a 2 speed gearbox with reverse as well. Working clutch, accelerator, and disc brakes. 

Top speed is approx 25mph in second gear. 

:Jumping:

nbit06k.jpg

obct8IV.jpg

I picked up this beauty today ....

Porsche 911 Junior

One of 224 made for the worldwide market in the mid 80's.

Original cost .... US$4500

Highly sought after as very few survive.

It has a 2 speed gearbox with reverse as well. Working clutch, accelerator, and disc brakes. 

Top speed is approx 25mph in second gear. 

:Jumping:

http://imgur.com/nbit06k

http://i.imgur.com/obct8IV.jpg

(photos to follow)

LHD and being a cab will lower it's value.... and is it a matching numbers car? :D

my 2yo will love it :D

So will I ..... :lol:

LHD and being a cab will lower it's value.... and is it a matching numbers car? :D

still working on verifying the numbers bit .... will get back to you .. B)

For those of you that don't know about the 911 Junior, here are a few details ...

They were built in the Porsche racing division factory ... it has a fibreglass shell over a full box chassis.

It has a rear mounted Honda single cylinder motor with a clutch operated 2 forward speed gearbox .... it also has a reverse gear.

The headlights, horn, blinkers and brake lights all operate as a real car would. It has an ignition key as well. Even the rubber mat in the front is Porsche embossed.

The brakes are dual discs with drilled rotors.

There were approx 224 made worldwide and I believe I have chassis number 223 as stamped on the frame and also the bodywork. They are from 1984 - 198?

Unfortunately Porsche Australia can't tell me anything about them as they have no records on the aftermarket sales so I have no idea if it was sold new here or imported.

I found out about them many years ago and always wanted one ... they are just sooooo cool. I have seen some for sale overseas but never knew if we had any over here ... they were a very expensive kids toy ... in the U.S. they cost $4,500. 

There is information on Google and videos on YouTube if anyone is interested to find out more or see them in action.

As far as I can tell, it is 100% complete and original. All of the stickers are still in place and are age appropriate. 

I plan on restoring this one to as new condition. They are just so rare that it deserves to be bought back to original condition ..... :D

will the kids get a go, or just you!!??

Is it wrong of me to say "just me" .... ;)

very cool. Barn find?

Seriously though, how/where did you come across it?

Found it on Gumtree .... stumbled on it 20 minutes after it was listed .... was at his house 30 minutes later.

That is one of the coolest things I have seen.  Genuine Porsche as well!

price range??

That is why I've wanted on ever since I found out about them a few years back ... coolest thing ever!!

Price wise ..... who knows. I've never seen one here in Australia.

UPDATE:

In the search to find out more information about this unicorn, I emailed Porsche Willoughby. My thoughts were along the lines that this car was in Sydney so hopefully it has spent it's life here.

The sales manager was very happy to take my email and look into it for me.

I received an email this afternoon from him telling me the following:

He spoke to the parts department in Porsche Australia and they believe that 1 was imported by Alan Hamilton. He believes it may be his car

Unfortunately they don't have any more specific information such as chassis number or year of import.

I have asked him if he has any contact details for Alan or that I'm more than happy for my details to be passed on.

Does anyone on here know Alan??

I would love to find out more info about this such as who, when, why, how, etc .....

Cheers ....

Is it matching No's?

It does have a period correct Honda engine but I can't be absolutely certain if it's the original one that came with it from new ...

More research is needed ....

It does have a period correct Honda engine but I can't be absolutely certain if it's the original one that came with it from new ...

More research is needed ....

Jap engine in a 911...oh the humanity...

• 1 month later...

Archived