ELECTRIC 911.....Arrrggghhhh I hate the future

Niko

Interesting, I wonder what the mentality will be towards petrol cars will be when electric becomes more mainstream and new petrol vehicles are phased out...

Personally I think it will go one of two ways, people will either appreciate a classic petrol car or hate them for polluting.

Personally I think it will go one of two ways, people will either appreciate a classic petrol car or hate them for polluting.

That dichotomy is already with us. Cyclists and vegans aim to rule the world , but should be more concerned at the Kim vs Donald showdown.

Agree with Taz, we will be outed by the general public, cyclists, vegans, greenies etc etc. 

and while we are waiting to be outed....

we will be hit with every pollution, petrol, diesel, drive on the roads, drive in the city, tax after tax after tax.

Until we are like the dinosaurs..     GAWN 

Agree with Taz, we will be outed by the general public, cyclists, vegans, greenies etc etc. 

and while we are waiting to be outed....

we will be hit with every pollution, petrol, diesel, drive on the roads, drive in the city, tax after tax after tax.

Until we are like the dinosaurs..     GAWN 

They will have to prise my little baby petrol-guzzling porka from my cold dead hand!!! (aka c.heston)  Tax, Shmax! 

There are times when it would be useful to have some more power in my S3 Land Rover. There is enough load room for a big battery and motor.
So far I've been lucky not to cop any slow elder car abuse. Perhaps they sense the machete strapped to the inner door , like my uncle's old Humber 1 ton truck.

We're not there yet, but i think i've said it before. Hydrogen fuelled cars will be the future. they've been testing a lot on in California and started to in Sydney. And it works for combustion and electric. 

We're not there yet, but i think i've said it before. Hydrogen fuelled cars will be the future. they've been testing a lot on in California and started to in Sydney. And it works for combustion and electric. 

tend to agree... I think I remember Clarkson  on top gear a few years back say the same thing too...

tend to agree... I think I remember Clarkson  on top gear a few years back say the same thing too...

Yeah he did. 

I love electric cars, i've been on and off getting a tesla. But hydrogen is the future. It still allows us petrol heads tinker with the engine ect. ;) 

So far the oil industry has been very quiet towards the forth coming electric cars ,,,I am still waiting to see what they are going to do as I do not believe that they are going to just fade away quietly  According to the United States Energy Information Administration, approximately 4.1 billion barrels (650,000,000 m3) of oil are held in strategic reserves at present ,,that s a lot of profit still to be made ..?

BP (ticker BP ) has provided an intriguing update to its global oil reserves estimate in the company's latest yearly review of energy statistics. BP raised its reserve estimate by 1.1% to 1,687.9 billion barrels, which is enough oil to last the world for 53.3 years at the current production rates. However, there's likely a lot more oil left in the Planets tank beyond what BP sees today. I would foresee fuel still being around for the remainder of my life time and I would expect it to become cheaper if alternative energy ,,EG Green energy becomes more main stream ....

So far the oil industry has been very quiet towards the forth coming electric cars ,,,I am still waiting to see what they are going to do as I do not believe that they are going to just fade away quietly  According to the United States Energy Information Administration, approximately 4.1 billion barrels (650,000,000 m3) of oil are held in strategic reserves at present ,,that s a lot of profit still to be made ..?

Strategic? Profit? or military reasons?

It seems that by "any means necessary" is acceptable so the virtue signalers can continue to parade their morially superior position.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/07/child-miners-aged-four-living-a-hell-on-earth-so-you-can-drive-an-electric-car-awful-human-cost-in-squalid-congo-cobalt-mine-that-michael-gove-didnt-consider-in-his-clean-energy/

Dorsen, just eight, is one of 40,000 children working daily in the mines of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The terrible price they will pay for our clean air is ruined health and a likely early death.

Almost every big motor manufacturer striving to produce millions of electric vehicles buys its cobalt from the impoverished central African state. It is the world’s biggest producer, with 60 per cent of the planet’s reserves.

The cobalt is mined by unregulated labour and transported to Asia where battery manufacturers use it to make their products lighter, longer-lasting and rechargeable.

The planned switch to clean energy vehicles has led to an extraordinary surge in demand. While a smartphone battery uses no more than 10 grams of refined cobalt, an electric car needs 15kg (33lb).

It seems that by "any means necessary" is acceptable so the virtue signalers can continue to parade their morially superior position.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/07/child-miners-aged-four-living-a-hell-on-earth-so-you-can-drive-an-electric-car-awful-human-cost-in-squalid-congo-cobalt-mine-that-michael-gove-didnt-consider-in-his-clean-energy/

Dorsen, just eight, is one of 40,000 children working daily in the mines of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The terrible price they will pay for our clean air is ruined health and a likely early death.

Almost every big motor manufacturer striving to produce millions of electric vehicles buys its cobalt from the impoverished central African state. It is the world’s biggest producer, with 60 per cent of the planet’s reserves.

The cobalt is mined by unregulated labour and transported to Asia where battery manufacturers use it to make their products lighter, longer-lasting and rechargeable.

The planned switch to clean energy vehicles has led to an extraordinary surge in demand. While a smartphone battery uses no more than 10 grams of refined cobalt, an electric car needs 15kg (33lb).

That's pretty sad.

That video was boring i found.

Unfortunately the electric car is on it's way whether we like it or not. They will have their place, like my 22km commute to work 3 days a week and to the shops and to visit my elderly father on my days off, for example.

I know Tesla have other ideas with their super model as a sporty car whatever it is i don't even know that's how interested i am.

This is all they were really meant for weren't they? In the city and a few short trips.

Everyone is talking about it so people must be thinking about it, I'm not, I find the whole concept extremely boring, i can't imagine driving a car with no sound. I came home from a night out several months ago in one of those Camry hybrids, could not hear a thing.

And I bet the writer was using a laptop or phone that has a lithium battery in it and drives a fossil fuelled car! Probably writes for UNICEF too ? What do they expect in the Congo FFS? I think its abhorrent, yet the sad reality is that they are right. When a country such as that are reaping the financial benefits from the western business owners who buy low and sell mega high, there isn't much they can do about it. I'm sure there are many products we use daily that are the result of slave labour

So Porsches drive like tesla's :wub::wub::wub:

early Tesla investor Jason Calacanis shares his experience on CNBC after taking delivery of his Model 3. 

Calacanis owned early versions, sometimes referred to as “Founders series”, of each of Tesla’s vehicles from the Roadster to now Model 3.

In an interview with CNBC yesterday, he gave his impression on the latest addition to his Tesla stable and it was full of analogies.

The investor compared it to the iPhone, a burger, and a Porsche. He said:

"“Let me just say “yum, yum.” It’s a yum, yum, yum – yum, yum. There it is – one of the Founder series. I have been driving it and it drives like Porsche, but it cost the same as a Prius.”"

Yep, that’s an early review of the Tesla Model 3 from an actual owner.

• 1 month later...

Brave new world. And apparently millenials won't even be buying cars.

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/euro-carmakers-facing-electric-reality/news-story/847f5b2386f4960a07c46df9d4cfac24

Planned electric Mercedes models will initially be just half as profitable as conventional alternatives, Daimler warned - forcing the group to find savings by outsourcing more component manufacturing, which may in turn threaten German jobs.

>According to the United States Energy Information Administration, approximately 4.1 billion barrels (650,000,000 m3) of oil are held in strategic reserves at present ,,that s a lot of profit still to be made ..?

the strategic reserve is for military use.

the whole point of appointing tyrants in the Middle East and pumping their oil was to ensure the domestic sources were not exhausted.  It's a working theory that the reason the Germans lost ww2 was largely to do with lack of oil and coal- it's why they invaded Russia, to get more.  The uk/French/Americans didn't want to make that mistake after the war so they developed the current ME oil infrastructure - and continue to develop it and prop up tyrants.

as for oil company profits - pretty safe for the foreseeable future.  Electric is ok for recreational use like commuting but fails when scale is needed, like planes, tractors, trucks, stationary generator, ships, trains, tanks, helicopters, buses and on and on.  

Archived