Cayman GT4 DUTTONS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured it would be the most expensive....but surprisingly no :huh:

All such low mileage aswell. Must be shit cars to drive:ph34r:

I think the 3rd gear transmission failures, suspension mounts cracking and engine issues plus the announcement of a new GT4RS has dampened demand. They are also not great cars to drive on the road as the gearing is very tall. One can reach 180km/hr in 3rd. Not forgetting that they aren't as rare as they were made out to be as Porsche made more of them to satisfy customer demand.

I'm sorry for posting it up, I don't follow car sales...

I actually liked it and thought it was reasonably priced and might be of interest.    

But there you go....

I actually liked it and thought it was reasonably priced and might be of interest.    

But there you go....

Don't take it to hard Niko, Its a rare car indeed to get through this thread unscathed ;):D

But there you go....

how dare you Niko! It is not a AC 9xx or a 944 and worst of all white! So therefore unworthy of anyone's love. The Cayman is today's 928 mate we are just weirdos for liking them, cup holders and all!

I hope you won lotto last night and have now bought four!

But there you go....

No need for an apology, just wasn't sure if I had missed something. Agree that they are a lovely car! 

So we can expect $5k pricing on them soon..... ;)

lol. Yep for the good ones at least. It will be hard to pick the bottom of the market though so you can rush in for the bounce profit and then start your own "Cayman definitive values pushing the envelope" thread. I look forwards too it. Having said that, a nice white 928 GTS would look very nice in my garage but perhaps that horse has bolted. 

lol. Yep for the good ones at least. It will be hard to pick the bottom of the market though so you can rush in for the bounce profit and then start your own "Cayman definitive values pushing the envelope" thread. I look forwards too it. Having said that, a nice white 928 GTS would look very nice in my garage but perhaps that horse has bolted. 

I think the horse has bolted on all the previously "cheap" Porsches.... not that the 928 GTS was ever cheap!

I assume you can get a lower ratio diff by now?  Would be a weapon with a shorter ratio.  Tarmac rally style.

Sharkwerks have changed gearing from 3-5 and made them shorter. Seems like that made an improvement, a lot more shifting happening.

Followed one in to work today, I love them, sits so well on the road, and 295 on the rear as factory, so much rubber for such a small car <3 

P.s. Also that GT4 from Dutton's doesnt have the 918 seats which were an 18k extra.

Ahhh the internet... Where everyone gets their say. God bless it. Here goes my internet behind the keyboard rant:

Bad news for you boys trying to snap up a cheap GT4. The new one will be far more expensive. The guys that are selling now are making a mistake, or need to sell their vehicle for some financial reason, or something along those lines. These bad boys will go up when the new one comes out. Expect a 275k plus price tag for the new one, as with R&D Porsche lost money on the original GT4. 

30 cars out of how many thousand have had transmission issues. I have tracked mine 5 times and no dramas, and done over 8000km. I haven't heard of any issues in Australia?!

On the track I like the long gear ratio but for road use, yup, I would prefer shorter gears. Like any GT car it's to powerful for the road. While I enjoy it, I much prefer to go the track and very much looking forward to Taliem Bend being completed here in SA. The motorsport state! And just to put more salt in the wound the best state to live! 

Rant over. Enjoy! 

Geez tough crowd on this thread @niko . Think I will just curl up in the corner in the fetal position and rock back and forward... :(:lol:

Yes Chris, I can do a good deal for you, unload that unreliable GT4:unsure: to me, and I will reluctantly give you my Cayman S

BUT WAIT .....THERES MORE....:Jumping:

and as a sweetener throw in the beloved Bluebird, :wub:with a full tank of COSTCO petrol.    Don't let this deal pass you by.....:Chuckle2:

Archived