Halfway meet Drive- Brisbane/ Sydney -overnighter - long weekend

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, but not the same fun...

Clean and flushed the oil tank, had a tinker with the oil level sender, made a new gasket for it, got carried away and repainted the tank. All together again, fresh 20w50 mineral, rattely tappet, squealing brakes (at low speed)

....see you tomorrow^_^

Yeah right, you guys reading this now. 

Scott, scratch that it doesn't fit, too long we're in trouble now, anyone know the number of the serpentine belt for series 1 996, we need the length.

6pk 2115 with A/C, a quick google check for you.

Unfortunately we have had, a breakdown today......

How did you guys go with the broken belt.......stuck by the side of the road for all, or hotel bed for most and by the roadside reclined front seat for the owner??

Awesome weekend, great company, Thanks to all that attended, great drives, great cars, thank you to all that had a part in the organizing, and hope we have started something that will live on. The weather gods were very kind to us considering all that was forecast. This is what the PFA is all about. 

38144243226_71ea1c2e54_k.jpgIMG_1354 by rick simms, on Flickr

38200643511_7872c45777_k.jpgIMG_1357 by rick simms, on Flickr

38200746641_f0ff68042d_k.jpgIMG_1360 by rick simms, on Flickr

26423555989_fb51cfe68e_k.jpgIMG_1365 by rick simms, on Flickr

Team work

38144265426_ea41008a47_k.jpgIMG_1371 by rick simms, on Flickr

26423568689_4b1e53fc9e_k.jpgIMG_1372 by rick simms, on Flickr

The belt didn't actually break. The dip stick somehow managed to pop out enough for the belt to grab it, which then shredded the outside layer of the belt, which caused the belt to flop around until it came off.  The dip stick became knotted in the pieces of the outer layer.  The dipstick was untangled, straightened, reinstalled and zip tied in place.  the belt was refitted and the car driven sedately to Wauchope, only coming off again once on the way. The boys, having lunch at this time, organised a replacement belt and the rest is as above..

You have to admire the comradery and team work that went into making a potentially disappointing day into a success

...and the laughs that night were gold :lol:

Well i had a fantastic weekend and from the talk over the 3 days this may become a drive we do every year.

The Oxley Hwy is one of the must do roads for me and to do it from Bendemeer to Wauchope and back was pretty special, 70kms of twisties and 100kmh speed limit.

Bendemeer is a town that has been by-passed when the hwy was upgraded and is a sleepy little place with some interesting characters.

The pub accommodation is not flashy but from all reports was very comfortable.

Lots of funny stories and i hope everyone chimes in with a couple of pics and a quick rundown of their experience.

It was great to meet a few new faces and a few of the guys who joined for some parts of the run were not forum members but were welcomed just the same.

I want to echo what Brian said about the comradery and eagerness by everyone to help get Scott back on the road, with Rickie starting the ball rolling by phoning a friend and Peter driving into Port Macquarie, twice, to get the right belt.

geG5lUN.jpg

The attendees from left to right, bear924, OZ930, Uncle, Peter M, Paul, Jason E, TINGY944, Scott 996, Caver, WOKA, Port 911 and Steve.

2hyTMBH.jpg

opF3QsG.jpg

Gloucester

Zvb9yEf.jpg

U4Lv4DB.jpg

Carson's Lookout on Thunderbolt's Way

SnbLpTp.jpg

Uncle's flame thrower, amazing sound, think old school F1 and you got it

kGPPOBa.jpg

BUXs2aK.jpg

DrmlAwg.jpg

EB0Q38E.jpg

s7qw0nJ.jpg

JBxVf08.jpg

nnBD771.jpg

I0ZQART.jpg

iyo9Bu3.jpg

17Qppsk.jpg

Ox4DfQX.jpg

UM3tEct.jpg

ZEhgauh.jpg

23hzyAD.jpg

6uN8J4F.jpg

1Jm91cF.jpg

Thanks for a great weekend everyone!

Not sure if Brian will speak to me again after I convinced him to take a back road between Tenterfield and Warwick ... at least the dirt sections were smooth and we both managed to dodge Skippy.

^ 12 months.?  To far away sir.  6 months I reckon.!

What a great weekend..  Great people, fantastic cars, perfect weather and brilliant roads.  The Oxley is one of Australia's true driving roads.  You certainly feel like you've had a work out when you get out of the car.  Chasing Uncle's fire breathing Lambo was certainly a highlight, the smell, the noise and the sound - unbelievable.  And don't those 944 Turbo's get up and go.!  Perfect conditions from dry, to moist, to fog to wet - we had it all..!

Jason and I had a great run down through Beaudesert > Woodenbong > Stanthorpe, and an equally entertaining drive back via Armidal > Ebor > Nymboida to Grafton.  Plenty of twisties and lots of fun.

A few pics in no particular order and bring on Runt Cun 2018.!

VlRcCQT.jpg

KOQ7QL5.jpgd6Sa7iT.jpg

AyC4M5Y.jpg

pioRQdv.jpg

14w5bNZ.jpg

DGBtECa.jpg

wGnbZ01.jpg

NoReVaT.jpg

ReQktBD.jpg

U35B4vx.jpg

4tkvTjb.jpg

AgLPCg7.jpg