991.2 GT3 TOURING

itsujack

This is it! Time to admit that I have my name down for one of these anticipating this option, though I was later to the party than others. If I'm fortunate enough to receive an allocation, will be ticking the touring box. Can't tell from initial info but looks like still no back seats which I was really hoping for?...

https://www.motor1.com/photo/2323477/porsche-911-gt3-touring-package-official-images/

I like that you are going GT3 Jad, but I'm not much a fan of the touring... I guess it's a stepping stone between hairdresser and full yobbo GT3 though! ?

Ha, I'm not as hardcore as you mate :D

I may be wrong and others may disagree, but I look at this touring in a different way to most of the GT boys. I don't see it as a lesser GT3, but rather a manual Carrera with that amazing GT3 engine!

I may be wrong and others may disagree, but I look at this touring in a different way to most of the GT boys. I don't see it as a lesser GT3, but rather a manual Carrera with that amazing GT3 engine!

Congrats mate - your taste in cars speaks for itself. The only question is what goes to make room, the Spyder or the 964?

I think you are spot on, this is a very appealing car to folks who want a true GT car without the in your face GT3 wing and other pieces. To me its the perfect car, an understated GT3 (just as the R has been).

Cheers

Dave

^^Love the Grey and gold.

This retirement caper is no good, I need to start earning proper money again or stop looking at these new Porsche models coming on to the market.  

Anyone need a Senior HR Director.  Obviously with my taste in nice P Cars, salary expectations are in the high category (or will take lower salary and nice 991 GT3 as a company car)

I like that you are going GT3 Jad, but I'm not much a fan of the touring.

Congratulations on being in the lottery for a new Porsche GT car, it is indeed a significant purchase. I must admit I do share Kurt's view though, I don't see the need for yet another GT3 spin off model but I'm sure the Porsche marketing team will prove me wrong (again). 

Yes, fronts seats only. Don't see why you could not option them in if you wanted?

probably item 433 on the options list - "add rear seats $9,622"

just under "reinstate rear wing (that we deleted for no credit)  - $12,345"

doesn't matter if I like it or not or think their option pricing is stupid or not, we all know they will sell every last one at full list price, meanwhile they are dreaming up the next  niche to exploit.  What a cracking business, eh? 

Confirmed with local dealer that as presented, its a further option for existing allocations rather then a different or new car. Small technicality but for me I missed out on a R. Was happy to pick up a .2 spot and now very happy i can delete wing if I want too.. (personal preference , but like the cleaner wingless look).  Was concerned for a minute I had to join another queue.

The US guys are saying you cant get PTS with this touring package though.  

PS there is a few pics floating around of a black one with silver wheels and silver trim... quite nice "sleeper"

probably item 433 on the options list - "add rear seats $9,622"

just under "reinstate rear wing (that we deleted for no credit)  - $12,345"

doesn't matter if I like it or not or think their option pricing is stupid or not, we all know they will sell every last one at full list price, meanwhile they are dreaming up the next  niche to exploit.  What a cracking business, eh? 

the option pricing in Australia is ridiculous! Do the same options on Porsche UK and be very alarmed!!? :angry:

But yes they will sell them all!

Congratulations on being in the lottery for a new Porsche GT car, it is indeed a significant purchase. I must admit I do share Kurt's view though, I don't see the need for yet another GT3 spin off model but I'm sure the Porsche marketing team will prove me wrong (again). 

Really my mind is at "this is a Carrera GTS really" which is an exceptional motor.

Tell me, is 4 seats an option? That's the kicker maybe... 

It would have been great if they changed the colour palette up for the touring. I'm not sure who wants a more subdued GT3 only to then turn around and put Racing Yellow on it for example.

Me, but then again iI would put racing yellow/ speed yellow on anything :D

Touring with a retro or subdued color would have nailed this option in my opinion, rather then going through all the PTS carry on with Porsche.     But the black with silver trim and aluminium wheels is my pick at the moment.  Not completely sleeper but I think the contrast silver trim just makes it a bit nicer.  (per link above)

Waiting for a delivery time advise this week.  Fingers crossed. 

Archived