911SC (SOLD)

After months of 'should I or shouldn't I',  I've decided to put my 1981 SC on carsales. This car has taken me all over Australia in the last twelve months and is a hoot to drive. 

Happy to reply to any PMs as I'm always happy to talk Porsche.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1981/SSE-AD-5229891/?Cr=7

Thanks guys. The colour captured me when I first saw it on carsales in 2009 and seems to grow on anyone who finds themselves in the undecided camp initially. 

Just now, MARTY said:

Good luck with the sale car looks fantastic,making way for another 924??

The 924 for sale at graysonline is tempting .. one of the nicest examples I've seen in a little while.

3 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Thanks guys. The colour captured me when I first saw it on carsales in 2009 and seems to grow on anyone who finds themselves in the undecided camp initially. 

The 924 for sale at graysonline is tempting .. one of the nicest examples I've seen in a little while.

Good Luck Wayne, can't wait for you to chauffeur me around in the new Turbo .....................................

(is there a link to the 924 on greys??)

must be the one for 9kish right? (silver over tan/brown)

Thanks Jason. Not sure if chauffeur would accurately describe riding in any Porsche.

And yes, http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0003-3420305/1981-porsche-924-manual-5-speed-coupe-74-718-miles-indicated  is the 924 I mentioned. Glad it's close to $10k now, when I first looked it was at $3k and loudly calling my name.

21 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I only wish this was a Targa or i'd be all over it.  Great looking car, love the colour!  Good luck with your sale.

I'm sure a few fellas on here could lend you some tin snips for a day or two ... :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I only wish this was a Targa or i'd be all over it.  Great looking car, love the colour!  Good luck with your sale.

12 months ago, no one would have said that about a targa!

33 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I'm sure a few fellas on here could lend you some tin snips for a day or two ... :ph34r:

Perhaps I should put a clause in the sales contract along the lines of "Tin snips will not be used on this vehicle under any circumstances".  Not sure I'd be able to sell it to someone who was going to give it the snip!!

• 2 weeks later...

Refuelled my 911 for the last time tonight in preparation for its new owner tomorrow morning. 

For those interested in the 911SC market place, I averaged a phone call about my car once every 1 to 2 days so there are buyers out looking for SCs in good condition, if they are priced to meet the market. 

First time that I have sold a car privately in 20 years (when I sold my original 924) so it has been an interesting experience from that point of view. If I was going to sell again, I would obtain a PPI from a reputable shop prior to advertising. I'd had it checked over however didn't have anything is writing which makes the process a little more tricky. 

Car is going to a good home where I suspect it will be spoilt rotten, hopefully whatever I purchase next will be as wonderful to drive.

I'm doing good... reduced my potential list to:

late 930s, 964, 993, 964/993 turbo, 996 turbo, 996 gt3, 996 gt2, 997 gt3, 997 turbo(s2)

Will probably finish installing intercooler in 924 (no chopping.. bolt in), reinstall A/C and then start searching with more vigour. 

Might possibly be browsing car sales now in an attempt to manage 911 departure sadness. 

Archived