[VIC] Flinders Lions Club Display_Easter Sunday

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

I've booked in with the 993 I'm in section 1 - Is anyone communicating with organisers so that we can be grouped together?

Look forward to catching up.

We will just follow you...........you did a great job at PI last weekend re: parking. :)

17 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

A Dyson Hair Dryer?

I handed in my scissors and combs today - officially left the hairdresser sisterhood - Note: please direct all piss-taking, shit canning and gay jokes (not that there is anything wrong with that) to @TrevMcRev

41 minutes ago, hugh said:

Oooohhh, finally bit the bullet and purchased a red 964? 

yeah, nah

6 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I handed in my scissors and combs today - officially left the hairdresser sisterhood - Note: please direct all piss-taking, shit canning and gay jokes (not that there is anything wrong with that) to @TrevMcRev

yeah, nah

Spill the beans Princess

On 15/03/2018 at 9:41 AM, Scott SS964 said:

I've booked in with the 993 I'm in section 1 - Is anyone communicating with organisers so that we can be grouped together?

Look forward to catching up.

I’m not on logistics but I think they’ll try and group cars by brand.  I’ll check and come back to you.

Prior to the event, everyone will be sent a location guide and bay number for their car and then be directed by marshals on the day. 

Looking at the entry list, P cars are taking up a fair bit of space ....! 

Well done all.

Looks like we’ll break the 100+ cars.

Sponsors have also supported the event well.

Zagame Auto Group are bring Lamborghini, Alfa and Audi

Jaguar are bring an F Type and another (possibly ePace?)

Porsche Centre Brighton 2 911 somethings

Tickford a Moffat Bathurst 77 commorative Special (all 727 supercharged hp of it) and a Touring Tickford Ranger

Bendigo Bank is supporting as well.

If you’re not entered, come and have a look.

(I’m also bringing my Orange IROC as well as my mates Ultra Violet one.  They’ll come down in the race transporter (AKA The Lerv Wagon).

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2018 at 10:17 AM, Skidmarks said:

(I’m also bringing my Orange IROC as well as my mates Ultra Violet one.  They’ll come down in the race transporter (AKA The Lerv Wagon).

Sweet, I hear you are going to drag race them down the main street? Just a rumour at this stage, but I'm sure there will be a heap of disappointed children if you don't (including myself). 

On 3/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, Skidmarks said:

No cap but we have room for 100+ cars.

Make sure you enter via trybookings. It’s free but it will make sure you get a slot and know where to park on the day.

I’m bringing the 991.1 GT3RS and the 997.1 GT3RS

C’mon guys, wash, dust vacuum and enter.  Make us proud.

I best park the Boxrod around the corner....:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

I best park the Boxrod around the corner....:ph34r:

Drive via Frankston Maccas. Ditch the burger wraps, half eaten buns (and of course the gherkins) and coke cups on the floor and seat amongst the beer cans and old clothes. Find some mud via Redhill and then pull on up in the centre of activity and park the shitboxrod:CoolDance: Don't forget the car description plaque scrawled on a pizza box under the wiper ""PORSCHE'S MOST IMPORTANT CAR, THE CAR THAT SAVED PORSCHE":Beer:

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

If we all meet up enroute would we have a better chance of all parking up together?

According to Skidmarks earlier post, we are allocated a parking bay.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:17 AM, Skidmarks said:

I’m not on logistics but I think they’ll try and group cars by brand.  I’ll check and come back to you.

Prior to the event, everyone will be sent a location guide and bay number for their car and then be directed by marshals on the day.

3 hours ago, hugh said:

Have you registered or are you just coming down for a look?

Hugh, have not registered as I thought it was only for classic cars.  As such was just coming down for a look.  Should I register?  Or would my 981 Boxster be out of place?

42 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Hugh, have not registered as I thought it was only for classic cars.  As such was just coming down for a look.  Should I register?  Or would my 981 Boxster be out of place?

Looks like I have missed the boat anyway as I just had a look and the booking window has closed.  Therefore I will just coming down for a long look and to take in all the scenery and maybe a lunch too. Unless @Skidmarks can pull a few strings for late comers like me.

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Looks like I have missed the boat anyway as I just had a look and the booking window has closed.  Therefore I will just coming down for a long look and to take in all the scenery and maybe a lunch too. Unless @Skidmarks can pull a few strings for late comers like me.

Yes, Mr Skids is a better person to ask. I believe there will be a mix of cars though, old & new? 

2 hours ago, KG said:

I'm been allocated section C also.

Is there a plan to drive in as a group? Any recommended meet up points?

Baxter BP on Peninsula link? 

Archived