[VIC] Flinders Lions Club Display_Easter Sunday

8 hours ago, Philbee said:

Just tried to book - closed! :mellow:

Yep I am in the same boat.  Maybe we can have a small Phil and Phil show of our own.  PM me if you want to drop by my place and we can head off to Flinders together

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep I am in the same boat.  Maybe we can have a small Phil and Phil show of our own.  PM me if you want to drop by my place and we can head off to Flinders together

Thanks phil... if no luck might do that. I've sent the organizer dude a mesg, see how I go. (Oops, I meant a heart felt grovelling plea, Oliver Twist style..."pls sir, pls let me in!")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Philbee said:

Thanks phil... if no luck might do that. I've sent the organizer dude a mesg, see how I go. (Oops, I meant a heart felt grovelling plea, Oliver Twist style..."pls sir, pls let me in!")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received confirm from organiser dude - now registered!

see you there or at the BP.

@Lucky Phil... it does say "& modern cars" in the fine print!!

16 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Just received confirm from organiser dude - now registered!

see you there or at the BP.

@Lucky Phil... it does say "& modern cars" in the fine print!!

@Rod C is letting me have his spot as he is not taking his 944.  @Philbee What are the contact details of the organiser and I will send him a mail too to let him know of the change.

On 26/03/2018 at 12:00 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Where would be the best place to park on the day?

Anywhere you can find a spot.  Suggest behaving the Golden Breed shed on the corner of Cook and Wood St  opposite the pub

13 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

It’s still open as I understand it. 

On 26/03/2018 at 1:58 PM, TrevMcRev said:

I best park the Boxrod around the corner....:ph34r:

Be proud.  I’m looking forward to seeing it!

On 26/03/2018 at 5:40 PM, hugh said:

Yes, Mr Skids is a better person to ask. I believe there will be a mix of cars though, old & new? 

Correct.  From crank handles to flat plane cranks.  

5 hours ago, Philbee said:

@Lucky Phil.. look at start of this thread, all details provided. But I suggest due to lateness, call the dude direct and speak with him:

- Clay Manners (yes, that's his name)

- m: 0405 692 537

Clay is his name!  And he is a dude. 

For perspective, the Flinders Lions Club is punching well above its weight here. It has 22 members in total. 

Clay and others have been working their collectives off and I think it will be a great day.  No Pebble Beach by a long shot - and thats a good thing.  

Just a celebration of people who love their cars.

I do think that P Cars will make up a fair part of the field ...

My wife is driving the 991 GT3 RS down as I’m in the 3 pedal 07 RS

And boy, is she in for a treat.  Learning how to load 2 weeks worth of school holiday gear through a roll cage is one of life’s true joys ... 

I’m not showing her how to pair her phone so as to spare myself the inevitable real time “feedback” on the trip down !!

We’re going to pop down, will speak to the dude tomorrow. More than likely bring my wife’s Spitfire though, it needs a run out and I’m planning on visiting @JBwith it on Saturday for a spruce up. 

Be great to see a few other cars though ?

I bet this catches a few out (always does every year).  I have some friends who were on a camping holiday in NSW one year and instead of turning their clocks back,they turned them forward.  For two days they were operating two hours ahead of everyone else in the town where they were camped.  Went to a restaurant for dinner and could not believe they were the only ones there.  Went to the movies in town and the theatre was closed. Not until they left on the Tuesday and saw all these school kids at the side of the road at 10 am and thought gee these kids start school late did they realise their error.  Funny story when they tell it, about all the things they did and they thought "that's strange" and the penny did not drop.

22 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I bet this catches a few out (always does every year).  I have some friends who were on a camping holiday in NSW one year and instead of turning their clocks back,they turned them forward.  For two days they were operating two hours ahead of everyone else in the town where they were camped.  Went to a restaurant for dinner and could not believe they were the only ones there.  Went to the movies in town and the theatre was closed. Not until they left on the Tuesday and saw all these school kids at the side of the road at 10 am and thought gee these kids start school late did they realise their error.  Funny story when they tell it, about all the things they did and they thought "that's strange" and the penny did not drop.

A lot of plane flights will be missed Sunday - guaranteed

I might join you guys at pen link servo even though it means driving up the peninsula,i will do anything to get out for a drive.

On 29/03/2018 at 7:47 AM, 911B said:

found it will get there at 830am

From the registration link

Flinders Heritage Motoring display - Easter 2018

A fun Easter display of unique vintage, classic and modern motor cars. Patron of the event is motoring racing legend Allan Moffatt. Flinders Lions Club is fundraising for local community projects and charities. Sausage sizzle, raffle and so much more to enjoy in the Mornington Peninsula seaside village of the Flinders.
On Sunday 1 April 2018 at 9:00am

Flinders Village
Cook Street, Flinders, Flinders, Vic 3929

37 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Can someone remind me what time we need to arrive in Flinders to display our cars; I look forward to catching up

Thanks

Looks like it's 9:00 am when you open the registration link.

Archived