[VIC] EOI - SMT 22nd April - HAUNTED HILLS

Hey All. I'm wondering if there might be a member out there who would like to organise an SMT for the 22nd April?

We have a small hillclimb event happening down at the Haunted Hills John Bryant Park venue (Moe, Gippsland) where we will be shooting video and stills content for our next PFA social media project. It would be an obvious destination for any members looking for a Sunday morning run, and a place to see what Haunted Hills is all about whilst watching some of our members "giving it a crack", and catch some lunch in the cafe. We will be looking to shoot vision of spectators and their cars for the video as well, so the more, the merrier!

If you're just interested in doing the run, add your name via a post below, and if you're interested in organising the run, send me a PM and I can give you an better overview...

Cheers, K

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove down to Haunted Hills for the PCV hill climb last February via Gembrook, Gladysdale, Noojee and Fumina South.

Raw Harvest Cafe in Newborough offered some nice food and coffee too. But wasn't the biggest cafe in case a large crew signs up.

3 hours ago, hugh said:

Anyone interested in taking the lead re: meeting place/time, route map etc? 

Hey Hugh, it's a pretty straight run  on the princes freeway by the looks...From bayside where I am. I'm happy to lead a charge of PFAers....

just need to find out from @Kerry when we need to be at HH, 

For eg,

1. Could meet at PCB at 6am, for those coming down from north,

2. stop again somewhere along the way, maybe near berwick or beaconsfield (?)... 7am

3. Coffee at trafalgar.... 8am

4. HH at 9am.

:rolleyes:... Philby

18 minutes ago, Philbee said:

@KerryHey Hugh, it's a pretty straight run  on the princes freeway by the looks...

Kerry hasn't said what time to be at Haunted Hills. If not too early, surely going via Gembrook, Gladysdale, Noojee and Fumina South would be far more preferable to the Freeway?

48 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Kerry hasn't said what time to be at Haunted Hills. If not too early, surely going via Gembrook, Gladysdale, Noojee and Fumina South would be far more preferable to the Freeway?

This is more along the lines of what I'd be thinking! No need to be at HH by any particular time, late morning/lunch time would be fine. 

10 hours ago, hugh said:

This is more along the lines of what I'd be thinking! No need to be at HH by any particular time, late morning/lunch time would be fine. 

what time should we be there for those participating Hugh?

Really looking forward to this event.

The man known only as Skunk and I are seeing if the Hoosiers will get any sort of temp in them when we fire our IROC’s around the ‘climb.

I fear not so, looking at some old school tricks.  Can one still buy traction compound?

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

Really looking forward to this event.

The man known only as Skunk and I are seeing if the Hoosiers will get any sort of temp in them when we fire our IROC’s around the ‘climb.

I fear not so, looking at some old school tricks.  Can one still buy traction compound?

Big burnout at the start line should do it. Just deal wit the fronts when you get to turn one.

14 hours ago, Dalai said:

2 hours ago, Philbee said:

Thanks@hugh... I just assume 830 start... therefore no time for SMT style whizz around the hills...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys want to champion up a route map and take the lead on this? No pressure. :D

1 minute ago, Dalai said:

I can't make the 22nd, but happy to draw a route map. :)

That would be awesome, especially if you have an idea of the area. Maybe @Philbee & you can get a PM going to work out the finer details. Thanks again! 

Archived