So I just bought a 928 GTS

4 minutes ago, Mik001 said:

So I just bought the white GTS from The Gosford Classic Cars auction. I’ve never had any interest in these so I’m not too sure what to expect. It was an impulse purchase.  It was 90k plus buyers premium. I’ll attach some pics. 

What are your thoughts ???

Congrats.... i’ve never been a massive 928 fan, but if I was going to buy one it would be a GTS.

Plenty of people will have views & opinions on the purchase price, but the real barometer is how you feel when you get to take it for a run.

Anyway, you could have spent similar money on a new Merc or Beemer only to watch it halve in value over the next few years.  Enjoy.

I was working at the auction and cast an eye over it ... it is stunning. Paintwork and interior in beautiful condition.

I don't follow the 928 market so not sure on values ... but I can be sure that it's a great example and you'll enjoy it!! ...

13 hours ago, Mik001 said:

So I just bought the white GTS from The Gosford Classic Cars auction. I’ve never had any interest in these so I’m not too sure what to expect. It was an impulse purchase.  It was 90k plus buyers premium. I’ll attach some pics. 

What are your thoughts ??

Brave man. Does your wife know yet?

@Mik001I watched the whole thing for some reason last night and saw that GTS.  I thought at the time someone has bought a nice car there for $93K.  Nice to see it going to a PFA member.  It wasn't you bidding on the 911R as well was it?  Nice way to spend $650000.  What extra do you pay to Lloyds on top of the purchase price?

On 08/04/2019 at 09:03, Zelrik911 said:

Brave man. Does your wife know yet?

I’ve broken the news to her now. She was happy I didn’t bid on the 996gt2. I think she got off lightly. 

On 08/04/2019 at 17:33, 3legs said:

Oh no what have you done!!!!

Are you crazy?

Your 997 will be soooooooooooooooooo jealous that you are always driving the 928 and not the 997😁🤣😂

The 997 is gone mate. It’s good to have a P back in the garage. 

On 08/04/2019 at 18:20, ANF said:

Terrible liar 😁

Quoting our internal accountant a few years ago, when he first clapped eyes on my GTS on a day I drove it in to the office; "you've bought the worst Porsche ever made!"

Karma is a bitch. Few weeks ago he had to leap out of his near new Alfa Giulia Q2 as it began to spontaneously combust.

9 hours ago, bear924 said:

Don't think you'll go too wrong with a GTS... the kind of impulse buy I could imagine myself doing.

Does anyone know what he GT2 went for?

Don't quote me but I think it was passed in. I seem to remember thinking, "that's cheap"

On 07/04/2019 at 19:48, Mik001 said:

Nice one. I watched the live stream and it looked like a great example!

On 07/04/2019 at 19:48, Mik001 said:

AD694E9B-1C8D-4065-A51A-EEF87955EFCA.png

B2F429D9-BED7-4D53-8333-793E2466AC0A.png

That is my son on the left working on the day pushing your car out for you ... Don't worry, he had his little white cotton gloves on ...👍

Screenshot_20190407-174407_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/04/2019 at 09:52, Bluegus73 said:

Congrats @Mik001. I bought an ‘81 Manual .... also in white .... one owner the other month. Also somewhat on impulse. 

A bit of work to do on it, but love it. So different to my 911SC.

Nice one.  The early cars are lookers. In manual too.