924 V8 the in-between race car

As my Cup Car is now in the US & I'm in-between race cars i thought id pull out the 924 V8 track car, i know this is not everyones cup of tea but it rates high in the shits & giggles category, at just under 300HP, front engine rear drive & bugger all weight its tyre smoking fun & very cheap 

Some specs, standard 924 shell with a Lexus first gen 1UZFE 4.0 all alloy quad cam V8, gearbox is a 924 turbo snail shell dogleg 5 speed, brakes are 924 turbo with Volvo 4 piston calipers on the front & Wilwood pedal box, 924 turbo hubs, upgraded 924 turbo suspension & 924 turbo sub frames 

Some work was needed tidying up a few things but nothing major to get it back on track, I've installed a 6 point roll cage replacing the crappy 4 point it had in it, new mega squirt ECU & engine wiring loom & new fuel cell & lines, all easy stuff

The alloy V8 engine weighs less than a 924 turbo engine 

Cookie cutters will stay on the car & the Cup 1 wheels are for sale 

& no i didn't build it but someone spent a lot of time on it & the conversion work is quality 

The crew chief below thinks its ok also :)

IMG-4146.jpg
IMG-4173.jpg
IMG-4143.jpg

I love how the bonnet hump is subtle. Doesn't scream out that there is something different going on under there.

Would be nice to be sitting at the lights and see the look on the face of a pimply young kid after he just got his Skyline blown away 😀

BTW paint your bonnet strut (stick) black and place a Porsche sticker on it and tell everyone it's a genuine Porsche part 😁

13 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I personally think the cup 1 wheels look far better than the cookie cutters.  Gives the car a much cleaner and yet aggressive look

Cup 1 wheels do look better i agree but they are much heavier than the cookies 

4 hours ago, Rod C said:

Does it have a good party pipe on it and will we see it at Haunted Hills on the 20th of October?

It has a very nice V8 rumble sound & not overly loud.. Haunted Hills is a maybe but the plan is to do Broardford the week before with the Porsche club  

27 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I love how the bonnet hump is subtle. Doesn't scream out that there is something different going on under there.

Would be nice to be sitting at the lights and see the look on the face of a pimply young kid after he just got his Skyline blown away 😀

BTW paint your bonnet strut (stick) black and place a Porsche sticker on it and tell everyone it's a genuine Porsche part 😁

Ill put a part number & sticker on the bonnet strut no one will know the difference:lol: 

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

This would be hilarious to drive! Looks bloody good too James 

As per usual it looks better in the photos..

The car goes against all my rules of buying cars, never buy a non factory built race car, never buy a modified car, never buy a bitsa, make sure its original :lol:

9 hours ago, James P said:

As per usual it looks better in the photos..

The car goes against all my rules of buying cars, never buy a non factory built race car, never buy a modified car, never buy a bitsa, make sure its original :lol:

Meh, I bet you'll have fun in it mate, and that's that matters. I just wanna drive it! 

20 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

i like the bonnet bulge. maybe some carrera GT-like box flares to suit?

these go well with ITB's and less conservative cams..

I like the standard look 924 & not a fan of ad on's.. any more HP from the engine & it will probably break the gearbox

I guess you could go nuts & turn it into a sports sedan but its not my thing 

20 hours ago, LeeM said:

Meh, I bet you'll have fun in it mate, and that's that matters. I just wanna drive it! 

It's fun for sure as i done have to worry about it.. come over & have a go