Financial Membership

9 hours ago, njb said:

I'm sorry to have to bring this up in this thread, but have spent 15mins looking throughout the site - where can I cancel or disable auto-renew of membership?

If you setup the auto-renew through PayPal you have to cancel it on that end I believe - at least that’s what I did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2019 at 10:42, Lucky Phil said:

Just looking at a number of posts today and I see a lot of new people posting on PFA.  The funny thing is that a lot of these new people with only a few posts have taken the positive step and joined as a Financial Member.  Great to see and good on you all New FM's, especially when you are asking questions to solve your personal Porsche related problems.

On further investigation though I see that there are many PFA Members who have posted many times (some over 100+) and obviously enjoy being part of the PFA community, yet are not Financial Members. 

@Kerry can outline all the benefits of being a Financial Member, but apart from that I feel that if you wish to be a true PFA participant and help build the Forum, then it is fair to say that you should be a Financial Member.  It's only $25 pa and I am sure most people on the forum will get much more than $25 benefit each year from PFA.

As such I am reaching out to all Non Financial Members.  Time for all you Member Only people, especially those who have posted more than 50 times, to become a true PFA participant/representative and become a Financial Member. 

Let's make this a 10th anniversary present to the Forum by joining up for $25 and showing your true support.

Rant over. 

It's a slow day today so sorry if this post offends anyone.

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil for your opening post, I thought this post might be a good response...

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Mike-S said:

And while you’re at it gents, how’s about putting me back to FM? The PayPal is automatic every year, was taken a couple of months ago.

You really do need to sort out the links between paying and membership, this happens every. single. year.

#herewegoagain

Same for me, back to M even though paid for FM automatically 

@Kerry @HAL 

13 hours ago, micknine01 said:

Hey Team, can we still pay by EFT? I tried to pay by CC using the link but it’s wanting me to set up PayPal, no thanks 😃

Hi @micknine01

You don’t need to have a PP account, you just use the PP structure to use your credit card. Click on the PP button and you can nominate how you want to pay, without a PP account. We have stopped using EFT as of Sept 2022 because of various issues we were having. I’ve copied this from a more detailed post from back then…

The other issue we have identified is how EFT Payments are handled. After procedural review, we have decided to cancel the EFT payment option, making PayPal our primary payment gateway. You can use a PayPal account, or make a one-time credit card payment - this has instant response/authentication time. The PFA membership purchase portal in the store now offers the option of a manual or automatic payment structure as well. While this may be change for some, we have come to the decision that this far outweighs the inconvenience for both parties of how EFTs are processed and feel that this is simply an overdue modernising of the platform.”

Hope this clears it up for you? Cheers, Kerry

9 hours ago, Mike-S said:

And while you’re at it gents, how’s about putting me back to FM? The PayPal is automatic every year, was taken a couple of months ago.

You really do need to sort out the links between paying and membership, this happens every. single. year.

#herewegoagain

Hi @Mike-S @Scott930

I have restored both your FM status.

Did you cancel your original PP payments and create new ones this year? This was at the heart of the problem that we had to resolve last year and I sent an email out to everyone concerned, as well there is an explanation and link 10 posts above here…

I know this is a fxxxxxxg pain in the arse, but it was necessary to cut the cancer out of the flawed process which gave us all much grief.

Here is the link to the full explanation.

Bottomline:

You need to cancel your original PayPal payment (as obviously we can’t), and then if you are inclined to, reconnect when your reminder comes in next year.

Sorry this didn’t come across clearer last year. Kerry

4 hours ago, Kerry said:

Hi @Mike-S @Scott930

Did you cancel your original PP payments and create new ones this year? This was at the heart of the problem that we had to resolve last year and I sent an email out to everyone concerned, as well there is an explanation and link 10 posts above here…

I know this is a fxxxxxxg pain in the arse, but it was necessary to cut the cancer out of the flawed process which gave us all much grief.

Bottomline:

You need to cancel your original PayPal payment (as obviously we can’t), and then if you are inclined to, reconnect when your reminder comes in next year.

Thanks Kerry, I thought I had done what I needed to do, but perhaps I hadn't after all! 

23 hours ago, Kerry said:

Hi @Mike-S @Scott930

Bottomline:

Will do that again and see what happens next year 👍

19 hours ago, Scott930 said:

Thanks Kerry, I thought I had done what I needed to do, but perhaps I hadn't after all! 

3 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

Will do that again and see what happens next year 👍

All good gents, it was a frickin’ mess for all and I’m not surprised people just threw their hands in the air. I probs would have as well 🤔😊

Have a good one…

• 2 months later...